Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin will "walk away" if Bengals win SB
Paul Daugherty/Cincinnati.com

Marvin Lewis has a vision involving the Super Bowl, Mike Brown, a trophy presentation and a stroll into the sunset. In that order. Lewis doesn’t say it will happen this year. He doesn’t say it won’t. He does say he’s not joking about the sunset.

“I want to hand Mike the trophy, then just walk away,’’ the Bengals coach declared at the team’s annual Weenie Roast And Mock Turtle Soupfest, also known as the pre-training camp media day.

Easier said than done, on all counts. Lewis swears he could walk away. Brown and Lewis swear that this could be the Bengals' year.

“We’re a pretty good team. I think we can give a good account of ourselves,’’ Brown said, in his formal and delicate way. No one else speaks quite like Mike. When someone asked him about the Bengals playoff drought, Brown said, “We haven’t driven the nail home. It doesn’t please me.’’

Lewis made it simpler: “We’re good enough, but we have to play good enough.’’

Full Article
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 11:51 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Paul Daugherty/Cincinnati.com

Marvin Lewis has a vision involving the Super Bowl, Mike Brown, a trophy presentation and a stroll into the sunset. In that order. Lewis doesn’t say it will happen this year. He doesn’t say it won’t. He does say he’s not joking about the sunset.

“I want to hand Mike the trophy, then just walk away,’’ the Bengals coach declared at the team’s annual Weenie Roast And Mock Turtle Soupfest, also known as the pre-training camp media day.

Easier said than done, on all counts. Lewis swears he could walk away. Brown and Lewis swear that this could be the Bengals' year.

“We’re a pretty good team. I think we can give a good account of ourselves,’’ Brown said, in his formal and delicate way. No one else speaks quite like Mike. When someone asked him about the Bengals playoff drought, Brown said, “We haven’t driven the nail home. It doesn’t please me.’’

Full Article

That would be pretty sweet, and this is the year that we're built to do it.

Improved defense, stud running back, and great weapons at WR, which, despite everyone's criticisms, Dalton can get the ball to, but he needs to get it done in the playoffs, which Hill will help him accomplish by forcing the defense to dedicate themselves to stopping him.

I have no doubts that Marvin wants to win the big one and then just walk off into the sunset because he wants to finish what he started, and this is the year that he can do it.
Reply/Quote
Awesome! So at the current rate that puts the timeline to about...what...2035? :snark:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well, I guess now is the time to make my official statement too.

I'll "walk away" from the boards whenever I throw a no hitter in an officially sanctioned Major League Baseball game.

Mark it down ladies and gentlemen. Until then, I'm here to stay!
Reply/Quote
Don't read too much into this.

He probably means hand him the trophy and walk off the podium.
Reply/Quote
Well, I guess that would motivate any of the team that doesn't like him (which I think most of his players do, but I'm making a bad joke, so don't get too whiny):

"Hey guys, win and you never have to see me again."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Full Article

Translation: "Marvin Lewis retired today as Bengals head coach. Lewis, 84, wheeled away in his wheel chair after thanking the Brown family for the opportunity to coach in Cincinnati. He was in multiple playoff games throughout his career as a head coach without winning any. His only comment on that during the press conference was "We've got to do better" 
Paul Daugherty/Cincinnati.com
Reply/Quote

“I want to hand Mike the trophy, then just walk away,’’ 

"World Champion, bitches"

Drops microphone.
Reply/Quote
Swell.....so after all of these years of suffering for us die hards (some out there since the team's inception), we finally reach that pinnacle, this sumbitch is gonna leave us holding the bag.....figures.

LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Quitter.
Reply/Quote
Would the haters forgive him and want him back though?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Well, everyone can relax as the chances of us getting a Super Bowl with Marvin at the helm aren't very good.

That would be a win/win though.  We would finally get that Super Bowl win and get rid of Marvin.  Although I have said before that if Marvin wins us a Super Bowl, I would admit that he is a good coach and that we should keep him around.  Either way, I'll take the Super Bowl win!!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 02:34 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Would the haters forgive him and want him back though?

Yes.
Reply/Quote

Full Article

IN RELATED NEWS: Local area man Googles "How to sell soul to the Devil".
Reply/Quote
Well, that's something different from Marvin.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Full Article

[url=http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/columnists/paul-daugherty/2015/07/28/paul-daugherty-cincinnati-bengals-marvin-lewis-mike-brown/30791341/][/url]
2 Birds with one stone.... I like it!!
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 04:58 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Well, that's something different from Marvin.

It is....and I think it is throwing down the gauntlet.  If they win it all Mike would give Marvin a front office job and Hue would become head coach. 

I will likely be in a coma from the celebration of the victory, but I wouldn't mind seeing it play out that way one bit. 

Marvin frustrates the hell out of me, just like Andy some times.  But I love them both.  This team could have imploded after Palmer quit.  The league would have just piled on the insults about how it is NFL Siberia, etc.  But these two have done nothing but make four straight playoff appearances and break some assbag's franchise marks for TDs and yards in a season along the way.  I think they can do it.  I wish we had more depth at WR, and I think a lot rests on the return of Burfict, but I think it can happen. 
Reply/Quote
Marvin just made himself Bengals HC for life.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
If marvin takes this franchise from where it was to super bowl champs. Then he should be recognized as one of the best coaches.

It's the ultimate turn around. As a bengals fan I hope he gets it .... But as a man I hope he is able to complete this turn around and then gets the respect he deserves.
Reply/Quote
I guess that means he's staying forever then, right?

Figures.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote