Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Marvins work with defense finally having effect.
(11-29-2018, 12:43 AM)McC Wrote: I agree about Mayfield.  I hear he has already gone up one on his helmet size.   This kind of applies to their whole team.  Fine, you won a game.  Doesn't mean you have to be dicks about it.  

Remember how the Bengals clowned Manziel over and over back in 2014? Add in this stupid grudge they are holding in Hue, and you get what you got. The Bengals took it like chumps too. They've all quit so I doubt it happens, but the Bengals need to be headhunting the next time they play.

I agree with you. They were dicks before, during, and after that game. It's been awhile since they've won a couple of games, and it shows. I'm already tired of their fans around here. Seriously.... They've won 4 ******' games.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 12:43 AM)McC Wrote: I agree about Mayfield.  I hear he has already gone up one on his helmet size.   This kind of applies to their whole team.  Fine, you won a game.  Doesn't mean you have to be dicks about it.  

I don’t really blame them. They wanted to stick it to Hue. Pretty understandable considering he blamed everyone but himself on the way out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
That defensive performance against the Browns also helped a lot in not being the worst defense of all time yardage-wise.

As long as the Bengals defense hold teams to under 441.2 yards a game, they will not beat the Saints record back in 2011 of 7,042 yards given up.

:giggle:
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 01:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t really blame them. They wanted to stick it to Hue. Pretty understandable considering he blamed everyone but himself on the way out.

That's his M.O.
Reply/Quote
I want my QB to be cocky and even sometimes dickish if he can back it up. Most of the greats all have that attribute.

Reply/Quote
Marvin has successfully turned that awful defense around 360 degrees. Impressive stuff
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 12:53 AM)jason Wrote: Remember how the Bengals clowned Manziel over and over back in 2014? Add in this stupid grudge they are holding in Hue, and you get what you got. The Bengals took it like chumps too. They've all quit so I doubt it happens, but the Bengals need to be headhunting the next time they play.

I agree with you. They were dicks before, during, and after that game. It's been awhile since they've won a couple of games, and it shows. I'm already tired of their fans around here. Seriously.... They've won 4 ******' games.

I don't know where you live, but I live in northern Ohio.....and the Clowns fans are exactly why I can't stand them.  They win one game and all of a sudden, they are the best team in the AFC.  Mayfield may be the new Pig Pen for us Bengals fans once Pig Pen retires....Ugh.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 08:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I knew Marvin's work as DC would take some time to show some results, but it looks like it is finally paying off after just a game and a half.  Bengals held the Browns to just 66 yards in the second half.

Nick Chubb came into that game averaging well over 5 yards per carry, but we held him to just 3.0.  I look for us to do the same to the Broncos rookie RB sensation Phillip Lindsay.  Lindsay has been the Broncos sole bright spot over the last couple of weeks.  After gaining at least 350 yards in 6 of their first 8 games the Broncos have failed to reach that mark in their last 3 games.

If Driskal can stay away from turnovers I think we can move the ball on Denver's 25th ranked defense. Playoff push starts this Sunday.  Since 2011 the Bengals have won 60% of their games in the last 5 weeks of the season.  Only 6 teams have a better record than that.

Proof that you should stay off the internet when you're drunk. 
Reply/Quote
It's time for the dead-cat-bounce. Get ready to go 3-2, finishing with a 8-8 record and the 16th pick of draft who won't play until 2021.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 08:11 AM)treee Wrote: It's time for the dead-cat-bounce. Get ready to go 3-2, finishing with a 8-8 record and the 16th pick of draft who won't play until 2021.

Ugh! Your right. MB’s perfect 8-8 season.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 08:02 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Proof that you should stay off the internet when you're drunk. 

Eh, there's a little bit of truth to what he said. He said "after a game and a half" which means look at the 2nd half stats. They are much better, and considering we were missing a lot of starters, it wasn't all bad. Now the first half, that was bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 08:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I knew Marvin's work as DC would take some time to show some results, but it looks like it is finally paying off after just a game and a half.  Bengals held the Browns to just 66 yards in the second half.

Nick Chubb came into that game averaging well over 5 yards per carry, but we held him to just 3.0.  I look for us to do the same to the Broncos rookie RB sensation Phillip Lindsay.  Lindsay has been the Broncos sole bright spot over the last couple of weeks.  After gaining at least 350 yards in 6 of their first 8 games the Broncos have failed to reach that mark in their last 3 games.

If Driskal can stay away from turnovers I think we can move the ball on Denver's 25th ranked defense. Playoff push starts this Sunday.  Since 2011 the Bengals have won 60% of their games in the last 5 weeks of the season.  Only 6 teams have a better record than that.

Is this serious? I have trouble believing it is....
Reply/Quote
Or maybe the Browns took their foot off the gas? We'll see how the defense looks vs Denver. I expect to see some early scoring from Denver.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Eh, there's a little bit of truth to what he said. He said "after a game and a half" which means look at the 2nd half stats. They are much better, and considering we were missing a lot of starters, it wasn't all bad. Now the first half, that was bad.

When you have a 35-7 second half lead with a rookie QB on the road and the other team's backup QB in the game, you play to avoid turnovers and short fields that could get the other team back in the game. Do not be duped into thinking that defense suddenly got good.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:15 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Or maybe the Browns took their foot off the gas? We'll see how the defense looks vs Denver. I expect to see some early scoring from Denver.

If they took their foot off the gas, that was a huge mistake, as the score was closing pretty quickly towards the end of the game. I really do not think Greg Williams is a "take your foot off the gas" type of coach.... more like a "In your face, we're running the score up" type....
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If they took their foot off the gas, that was a huge mistake, as the score was closing pretty quickly towards the end of the game. I really do not think Greg Williams is a "take your foot off the gas" type of coach.... more like a "In your face, we're running the score up" type....

Maybe. But why did it take an entire half for Marvin's teachings to set in? Why did it not happen when the score was even and both teams were trying to score rather than spend clock?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:30 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Maybe. But why did it take an entire half for Marvin's teachings to set in? Why did it not happen when the score was even and both teams were trying to score rather than spend clock?

See, now I'm in the position of trying to defend Marvin, which I do not want to do because I want him gone.... but, I try to be fair. He has been DC for 2 games. How quickly did people expect him to be able to turn this defense around? After the last couple of horrendous games giving up 500 yds., I think a half of 66 yds. is a pretty big turn around. Maybe it took 6 quarters for the players to finally get what he is saying to them..... who knows...… if they can repeat it this week, great. 
Reply/Quote
The Browns threw exactly 4 passes in the 2nd half of that game. 4. They obviously were playing conservatively with a big second half lead.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 08:35 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: The ultimate troll right there LOL

(11-28-2018, 08:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're bordering on trolling lately, Fred.  Mellow

(11-29-2018, 12:15 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bordering?

Lately?

Good thing this forum is limited to Bengal fans only.

Hate to have someone come in here and say something positive about the Bengals.

Rolleyes

Do you all realize how absurd it is to accuse a fan of being a "troll" because he says something positive abut his favorite team?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 10:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Good thing this forum is limited to Bengal fans only.

Hate to have someone come in here and say something positive about the Bengals.

Rolleyes

Do you all realize how absurd it is to accuse a fan of being a "troll" because he says something positive abut his favorite team?

Saying something positive about your team that's realistic like - Tyler Boyd is having a hell of a season despite all the adversity. Is fine

Twisting, turning, tap dancing, spinning, and cherry picking just to get responses is a bit different.
Reply/Quote