Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McCarron
Let's talk about this guy as we don't have a lot on him. He looked serviceable to me. Looked good on several throws but did not look as accurate as Dalton.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I thought he looked good. The pick 6 was not a great read, but Whitworth didn't exactly help. Honestly, with all the weapons this team has, and a full week of practice, I have confidence in his ability.

Reply/Quote
Real deal. Enuff said.
Reply/Quote
He is what he is. A 2nd year 2nd string QB. Don't get your hopes up.
Reply/Quote
I think he will be fine. He didn't have Eifert out there, and he still played pretty well. His first INT wasn't a good throw, but he did have a defender in his face. I think that we will be fine with him for the time being. McCarron made a lot of throws that impressed me today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He threw a great deep ball to AJ Green. Right on the money. But he also overthrew several with one being picked.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:07 PM)EatonFan Wrote: He threw a great deep ball to AJ Green.  Right on the money.  But he also overthrew several with one being picked.

But those dig routes up the seam seem to be one of his strengths also.
Reply/Quote
He didn't look like a Manziel out there, he looks better. If he can cut his turnovers he has a chance.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:59 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Real deal. Enuff said.

Giftwrapped 14 points to the 29th ranked passing defense. Had a 60-ish QB Rating before a 33-13 garbage time TD drive. Enuff said.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Did decent. Put showed poor pocket awareness and management. He's serviceable, and I expect to beat the 49ers and Ravens with him. But I don't really trust him against good defenses.

Will have to be a run-first team.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
At first we need to give him about two reads and then use his legs. He's smart and competitive.
Reply/Quote
Just hope we don't have to ride with him in po's
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought he looked pretty good. That was pretty much the worse position to have an inexperienced backup QB to come into so the fact he moved the ball and got 2 TD's was encouraging.

Based on what we saw can we win with him at QB .vs. 49ers? ..absolutely , and right now i'll settle for that until we know what the score with Dalton is.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:21 PM)EatonFan Wrote: At first we need to give him about two reads and then use his legs.  He's smart and competitive.

McCarron isn't a mobile quarterback nor an athletic one. He's a pocket passer.

Reply/Quote
Considering that he has little rapport with the starters and next to nothing in experience/snaps, he showed enough today to make me believe he has a chance to make it in the league. His mistakes were no worse than what we've seen from Andy in his early years. He's a smart young man, and seems to possess a good work ethic.

And now he's our starting QB until Andy returns. Support him the best you can.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:25 PM)sonofstat Wrote: I thought he looked pretty good.  That was pretty much the worse position to have an inexperienced backup QB to come into so the fact he moved the ball and got 2 TD's was encouraging.

Based on what we saw can we win with him at QB .vs. 49ers?  ..absolutely , and right now i'll settle for that until we know what the score with Dalton is.

The Browns beat them with Manziel. We better beat them with McCarron.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:32 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The Browns beat them with Manziel. We better beat them with McCarron.

We could also beat them with Sanu at QB.
Reply/Quote
Let's give him a week practicing with the starters. Coming in cold with no first teams reps and putting up 20 points is not so bad.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He had a weird wind up to some of his passes that I think may get him in trouble... I think we can beat the 49ers and the Ravens with him, but we're in trouble against Denver and in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
We will win 2 games with AJ and finish 12-4.

Reply/Quote