Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron >< Kaepernick
I have no problem with any player, coach or anyone else for that matter expressing their political views. I don't necessarily agree with whatever their views are and there's no requirement that anyone has to. 
As far as Kap is concerned he took a bold stance for something he felt strongly about and that shouldn't preclude him from playing football, but in many people's minds he's committed some heinous crime of some bs unpatroitic foolishness despite the fact that plenty of people in the stands don't bother to stand up for the national anthem .
Now his ability to lead the team on the field is another question and as far as I'm concerned should be the only question taken into consideration, but instead he'll be put right up there along with Rosenbergs selling state secrets to the Soviets..
I don't think he is a good fit with our team as a backup nor as a starter, but the rest of it is just fluff talk or as it should be, much ado about nothing..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 11:41 AM)grampahol Wrote: I have no problem with any player, coach or anyone else for that matter expressing their political views. I don't necessarily agree with whatever their views are and there's no requirement that anyone has to. 
As far as Kap is concerned he took a bold stance for something he felt strongly about and that shouldn't preclude him from playing football, but in many people's minds he's committed some heinous crime of some bs unpatroitic foolishness despite the fact that plenty of people in the stands don't bother to stand up for the national anthem .
Now his ability to lead the team on the field is another question and as far as I'm concerned should be the only question taken into consideration, but instead he'll be put right up there along with Rosenbergs selling state secrets to the Soviets..
I don't think he is a good fit with our team as a backup nor as a starter, but the rest of it is just fluff talk or as it should be, much ado about nothing..

When you consider putting a QB in charge of your team's offense and become the face of your organization, you must consider the whole person in today's era.  This includes where their 'head' is at (commitment) and likely distractions (nonsensical stances) for the team.  Tim Tebow has had success in the NFL from a win-loss perspective and no one wanted to sign him either.   I view them similarly.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't even hire him as a bathroom attendant!

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 01:45 PM)EatonFan Wrote: When you consider putting a QB in charge of your team's offense and become the face of your organization, you must consider the whole person in today's era.  This includes where their 'head' is at (commitment) and likely distractions (nonsensical stances) for the team.  Tim Tebow has had success in the NFL from a win-loss perspective and no one wanted to sign him either.   I view them similarly.

I think Kaep is a better QB than Tebow, and obviously their distractions are very different, but I agree.

Based on skill/production, both should be in the league. Not necessarily as starters, but definitely as backups.

It's just that their value isn't enough to offset the risks. Nobody wants a bunch of media scrutiny for a backup or fringe starter.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 11:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The people protesting love this country also.

And if you loved the Constitution so much you would not be so eager to punish anyone who exercises his rights.

You are 100% entitled to disagree with Kaepernick, but don't try to act like "love of country" and the Constitution are on your side against Kaepernick.

Your full of it and so is Kaepernick.

I'm embarrssed for him and so is his own mother.

Being disrespectful toward our national antheme and our flag to draw attention to himself and his cause of the day is ridiculous and disrespectful.

If he wanted to protest stay in the lockerroom and he would have gotten plenty of coverage for doing so.

Don't impinge on others experience and joy because of what is bouncing around in his empty head.

If the NFL doesn't stop this stuff ,watch their numbers drop like a rock.

There are better ways to go about exercising your rights, getting your point across and showing "love of country" as you put it than metaphoricly pissing on the US flag. (The reason I'm pissing on the flag is because I love it so much and it gives me the right to? Say what?)

Before you know it more and more people will be doing the same and it will be common practice which is not good long term for our country.

As far as being a QB , he would be better suited to back up Cam Newton or a more mobile QB so the offense doesn't change much when he goes in.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Kaepernick is a talented player, there's no questioning that. It's his politics that have gotten in the way of that. Whether you agree or disagree with what he's doing, it's taken a hindrance to how the NFL and it's fan base views him.

Does he deserve a chance to show he can play in the league? Absolutely. Especially when you have guys like Blaine Gabbert and Matt Barkley getting signed, why shouldn't Kaepernick?

Some may argue it's based on "salary". But Kaepernick hasn't been brought in anywhere. But I can tell you this, if Kaepernick does get a chance somewhere, he does have potential to start. Unless he's behind an elite QB, then that's a different story.

But dude could start on 6 different teams now (Browns, Bears, Jets, 49ers, Broncos, Texans) and compete for the starting position on other teams (Jags for instance).

I would take Kaepernick over McCarron in a heartbeat. But the issue is 1. How much would we pay our backup and 2. We have enough "QB drama" with McCarron, imagine what it would be like with Kaepernick
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
You know in some ways i would not be surprised if he was considered as a back up option post AJMc....particularly if after this season there is no market and he's going real cheap.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Mike Brown was a big fan of his and actually preferred him over Dalton but Jay Gruden was all in on Dalton and felt he was ready to start right away - which we needed at the time.

Fact he's not on a team is clearly nothing to do with his play and all about the off field stuff...which to be honest I find ridiculous.

Whilst I am not American i appreciate the symbolism of what he did and the reactions it generated but there have been other people taking knees since, and athletes were protesting/raising fists since the Mexico Olympics.

When there are people with violence, domestic violence , drunk / drug offenses happily sitting on NFL rosters the fact that NFL owners / GMs suddenly get all pious and principled about a guy taking a knee on the sideline during the anthem is hypocritical beyond belief.
Reply/Quote
Mccaron knows the system and has more vaule towards him then Kaepernick. I don't think Kaepernick wants to play and he would probably prefer the NFL didn't want me because thier racist narrative so it would help his activism career.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 02:10 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Your full of it and so is Kaepernick.

Being disrespectful toward our national antheme and our flag to draw attention to himself and his cause of the day is ridiculous and disrespectful.

If he wanted to protest stay in the lockerroom and he would have gotten plenty of coverage for doing so.

Don't impinge on others experience and joy because of what is bouncing around in his empty head.

There are better ways to go about exercising your rights, getting your point across and showing "love of country" as you put it than metaphoricly pissing on the US flag. (The reason I'm pissing on the flag is because I love it so much and it gives me the right to? Say what?)

Before you know it more and more people will be doing the same and it will be common practice which is not good long term for our country.

As far as being a QB , he would be better suited to back up Cam Newton or a more mobile QB so the offense doesn't change much when he goes in.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!

LeBron James, Carmello Anthony and plenty of NBA players spoke against police brutality against blacks, and I had zero issue with the way they did it. I think that problem is exaggerated all to heck and back due to the internet hysteria age we live in, but I wasn't mad at LeBron and Carmello. Kaepernick's method was disrespectful, and he doubled down on the stupid by wearing piggy socks, Castro shirts and admitting he didn't even vote.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
im just glad we drafted dalton over this bum
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 02:10 PM)tigerseye Wrote: If the NFL doesn't stop this stuff ,watch their numbers drop like a rock.

No.  It will not effect ratings at all.

Most NFL fans are not hyper-sensitive drama queens.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals picked up Kap I would stop being a fan
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 06:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  I guess Cleveland did as close to what I was hoping they would do:  draft two (ended up being three) talented player that can impact your roster in year 1 and then took the QB in Rd 2.  Essentially, that was the pick I wanted for McCarron.  You can't blame them for taking the guy with Kizer's upside. I hope he pans out for them.  (Browns are a distant second favorite to the Bengals...would love Ohio to go 4-0 against putzburgh).

Not to completely derail the thread from Kaepernick politics or anything, but...

Just out of curiosity, what part of Ohio did you grow up in, that made it acceptable to be a fan of both the Bengals and the Browns?  I mean, I am a Native Ohioan, and I seem to remember fanhood distinctions being pretty clear cut growing up.  Were you one of those guys that had both a Boomer Esiason jersey and a Bernie Kosar jersey, and would sport whichever one had the better game, on Monday mornings?  Or, did you play yourself off as a Bengal faithful, and meet secretly with your Browns buddies, on the down low?  C'mon man, Ohio born fans want to know. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 06:55 PM)Trademark Wrote: If the Bengals picked up Kap I would stop being a fan

You've got to be kidding.

With all of the criminals we have had on our past and present rosters you are going to quit the Bengals over a guy who never hurt anyone?
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 02:10 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Your full of it and so is Kaepernick.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!

Please explain, how does his act of staying on his knee impinge on the experience or joy of others?
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 10:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Please explain, how does his act of staying on his knee impinge on the experience or joy of others?

I think he is talking about the people who got splattered a little when Colin was pissing on the flag.
Reply/Quote
Sorry but Krapernick was Krap even before he started his stuff. A one trick pony who got as far as he did largely on abusing Green Bay's bad defense.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2017, 04:21 AM)Joelist Wrote: Sorry but Krapernick was Krap even before he started his stuff. A one trick pony who got as far as he did largely on abusing Green Bay's bad defense.

This is not true at all

Harbaughs system made him look better, but Kaepernick had a lot of skills and made a lot of great throws.  If it was all harbaugh then why couldn't he get the same production form every other QB?
Reply/Quote
Funny how, when he was riding high, he wasn't protesting shit. He'll never start for anybody ever again. He's a mediocre QB, at best. He can't even complete 60% of his passes. No one would win with this guy. Another guy stupid-ing himself right off the gravy train.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2017, 09:28 AM)McC Wrote: Funny how, when he was riding high, he wasn't protesting shit.  He'll never start for anybody ever again.  He's a mediocre QB, at best.  He can't even complete 60% of his passes.  No one would win with this guy.  Another guy stupid-ing himself right off the gravy train.

All the injuries didn't help.  Kap had surgery on three different injuries last off season.
Reply/Quote