Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron >< Kaepernick
(05-15-2017, 04:57 PM)Housh Wrote: P.S. The fake patriotism BS that this situation has forced people to pull is probably what has made me the most angry with this situation. If you think this is patriotism based hate coming at Colin you are blind. No one can convince me the outcome is exactly the same if say a Tom Brady pulled this.

You mean like Aaron Rodgers getting commercials and ad slogans tailored around a celebration he started doing during a 6-10 season while Cam Newton showboating inspired frightened housewives to write letters wondering how they can explain a celebratory black man to their traumatized children?

Listen people, you can rag on Kaepernick for what he did all you want but you really have be in denial to think that our team is completely devoid of people who agreed with and/or supported him.  Also, in the picture of Kaepernick kneeling there is a photographer walking around taking photos.  I don't suppose she deserves to be deported too, does she?

Anywho, it's all nuts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 04:57 PM)Housh Wrote: That's where the media has fooled people. Kap wanting starter money has NEVER EVER EVER been a problem for him. It was reported that people very close to him have said that he knows he would be going for a backup position. He has made it clear that he wants to have a chance to compete for the starting job tho and I don't believe that's something anyone can hold against him looking at his resume.

Also theres the myth that the media shoves down peoples throats that hes such a shitty QB that he doesn't deserve to be on a team. And that's just false. His career numbers are 72 TDs to 30 INT. Last year he had 16 TD and 4 INT. His team was pure trash. If you combine his seasons where he was full time starter and played every game he is 40 TD and 18 INT.

So im cool with going at a trash player and im not afraid to pick sides in a political battle, but theres ONE reason why no team wants Colin K. And its NOT because hes a bad QB.

Its because he stood up for black people/

With all that said im happy with AJM and wouldn't want any other backup.

Dude should at least be in some team's training camp. No one can convince me hes so trash that he shouldn't be at least in a camp

P.S. The fake patriotism BS that this situation has forced people to pull is probably what has made me the most angry with this situation. If you think this is patriotism based hate coming at Colin you are blind. No one can convince me the outcome is exactly the same if say a Tom Brady pulled this.

It's not racism man. I'm not going to stand for someone basically calling me a racist when I've defended Cam Newton and RGIII in the past. I'm not a racist, I just don't like the way Kaep went about protesting. It was negative, divisive, and offered no solution. That's it. Period. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 07:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's not racism man. I'm not going to stand for someone basically calling me a racist when I've defended Cam Newton and RGIII in the past. I'm not a racist, I just don't like the way Kaep went about protesting. It was negative, divisive, and offered no solution. That's it. Period. 

I knew I should've specified which part of that rant was directed at you. The first paragraph I wrote was the ONLY part directed at YOU personally. The rest was a rant that was just about the situation in general. I aint on here to call no one a racist. Disregard the post after the first paragraph, because it was a general rant not meant at anyone in this thread personally
Reply/Quote
That commie can go flip burgers with his Antifa pals
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 07:56 PM)Housh Wrote: I knew I should've specified which part of that rant was directed at you. The first paragraph I wrote was the ONLY part directed at YOU personally. The rest was a rant that was just about the situation in general. I aint on here to call no one a racist. Disregard the post after the first paragraph, because it was a general rant not meant at anyone in this thread personally

Well sorry about that bro. Just wasn't sure if you were lumping me in with the people you were talking about. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The owners can do whatever they like, its their league. Being in the NFL is not a right last time I checked . Anyways I want no part of him on the team .pass
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2017, 06:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great story, man.  Thanks for sharing.  I've been the lone Bengal and Buckeye fan on more than one occasion, since moving to 'Carolina 15 years ago.

Way to stay true to your team!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 10:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote:

He made it very clear that he was NOT protesting against soldiers defending the country.  

We can't elect a President who won because he said America was "broken" and then punish an athlete for saying the same thing.

Kaep said no such thing before doing his so-called protest.  He simply sat....didn't kneel, but lazily sat smack dab in the middle of a bench.  AFTER people asked why, that is when he said this:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick said, via NFL.com. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder"

To compare those statements, which lump all police as murderers and all minorities as oppressed, to anything our President has said is ludicrous.  A "broken" political system of corruption and greed is not the same as racial inequity or murder, sorry.  
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 10:56 AM)grampahol Wrote: SHRacer, I am guessing that at that point in your life you probably had the invincibilty of youth on your side where you truly believed that you could have single handedly taken on the entire bar full of Squeeler fans and to be fair maybe you could have. 
I too had similar fantasies and god knows that alcohol always makes us the biggest and baddest MFers on the planet. 
As time goes on like it always does we tend to come to the realization that we're probably not going to take on 100 drunk fans of other teams and settle into the realistic idea that we're not all that and a bag of chips after all and telling the cops when they arrive that "I KNOW MY RIGHTS!" probably wasn't the most compelling argument we ever had.. lol 

Oh, I never said I could take them all on...but I was surely trying to goad one or two of them in to taking a swing at me.  I was in quite a mood, and being surrounded by them and all their shots at my Bengal's T-shirt was just making it easy for me to want to fight.  I was in no way going to throw a first punch, but someone lays their hands on me and all bets are off.

I only had a couple beers over the course of several hours.  I was really mad when I got there, over the argument with my wife.  However, the hilarity of the Browns beating them completely eliminated my anger.  That was the moment I started pulling for the Browns again....but never over the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I say get him and make him the #3 QB. Activate him on the two away games at the Stains and shitsburgh. Surely he will get clocked with a D-cell battery there if he takes a knee!
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 01:23 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: The owners can do whatever they like, its their league. Being in the NFL is not a right last time I checked  .  Anyways I want no part of him on the team    .pass

True.  Name any job that you can say or do whatever you want and there won't be consequences? 
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
All this BS about it being anti American, or "pissing on the flag", or hating America is totally misplaced.

One CAN love their country while also questioning, disagreeing with, and protesting things which are obviously an issue/broken.

Look, is it better to be a yes man and just blindly follow the status quo, agreeing with everything politicians/your country does? If that's patriotism I want no part of it.

You can love your country while attempting to highlight issues to make it a better place FOR ALL AMERICANS. Kap was in position and had a platform that few people possess, he made a bold decision; it doesn't somehow make him inherently unpatriotic. This country was founded on principles that provided the ability to speak out.

Point is, in our pledge it says "with liberty and justice for all". If you aren't standing for liberty and justice FOR ALL, then you are the one disrespecting the country, the flag, our active duty and veterans, etc.

That said I would gladly take Kap as a backup.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
I haven't read this whole thread but I wanted to add my input. Sorry if it's been covered already. As a 6 year veteran of the US military I have a hard time supporting anyone who kneels during our National Anthem. Yes I know it's his right but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I also support our police and the piggy socks really added to my dislike of CK, not to mention the Castro t-shirt. Supporting a communist is just not okay in my book.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 07:27 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I haven't read this whole thread but I wanted to add my input. Sorry if it's been covered already. As a 6 year veteran of the US military I have a hard time supporting anyone who kneels during our National Anthem. Yes I know it's his right but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I also support our police and the piggy socks really added to my dislike of CK, not to mention the Castro t-shirt. Supporting a communist is just not okay in my book.

Its just a weird topic because im as vet a well and im ok with non violent protests

I don't know about any Castro stuff or pig socks, so I wont give an opinion on that until I learn the facts.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 10:21 PM)Housh Wrote: Its just a weird topic because im as vet a well and im ok with non violent protests

I don't know about any Castro stuff or pig socks, so I wont give an opinion on that until I learn the facts.
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/9/1/12751038/colin-kaepernick-wore-some-police-pig-socks-49ers-camp

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/11/24/colin-kaepernick-grilled-by-miami-dolphins-reporter-over-fidel-castro-shirt/

[Image: usa-today-9450403.0.0.jpg]
[Image: 0kaep1122.jpg&w=1484]
Reply/Quote
Yeah , those pigs socks were a bit to much. Can't stand the prik.
Reply/Quote
It's a little strange that he protested nothing until his career started going belly up. Must just be a huge coincidence.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 09:35 AM)McC Wrote: It's a little strange that he protested nothing until his career started going belly up.  Must just be a huge coincidence.

Also he didn't start donating money until after being ripped for being a over privileged millionaire.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 11:00 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Also he didn't start donating money until after being ripped for being a over privileged millionaire.

True. Many things about Kaep felt phony last year. 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 09:35 AM)McC Wrote: It's a little strange that he protested nothing until his career started going belly up.  Must just be a huge coincidence.

When the 49ers had a loaded roster, he was a good QB.

Now that their roster is terrible, he's considered a bad QB.

Interesting how the NFL works.
Reply/Quote