Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron, Rex, Ced, etc. all practicing
McCarron, Rex, Peerman, Shawn Williams are all back to practicing except Darqueze Dennard. He is currently rehabbing. Happy all of them are back on the practice fields.

https://twitter.com/BrennenWarner/status/633349015439081472
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 05:02 PM)milksheikh Wrote: McCarron, Rex, Peerman, Shawn Williams are all back to practicing except Darqueze Dennard. He is currently rehabbing. Happy all of them are back on the practice fields.

https://twitter.com/BrennenWarner/status/633349015439081472

Thanks, that's good news. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I hope Dennard is alright. I have had high hopes for him since we drafted him. I thought that he played well when he was put in the game last year. He was one of the few defensive players to get a turnover in the playoffs under Lewis.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good to read!

Hope Dennard is ok though.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 06:50 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Good to read!

From what I read, They say its minor and he should be back soon but may be put out until regular season to be cautious.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Great newz TY Sheik.

Quez makes me a little concerned. Dude could be great IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 08:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great newz TY Sheik.

Quez makes me a little concerned. Dude could be great IMHO.

I agree but it's most likely just precautionary.  I hope that we start him opposite Dre after a few games, even if it's not every series.

Work him in slowly, let him build confidence, and then unleash him to make plays.
Reply/Quote
Dennard never should have played a snap Friday night. First preseason game is meaningless to a guy like him. If he had an injury they should not have taken any chances playing him in a meaningless game.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 08:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree but it's most likely just precautionary.  I hope that we start him opposite Dre after a few games, even if it's not every series.

Work him in slowly, let him build confidence, and then unleash him to make plays.

(08-17-2015, 08:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dennard never should have played a snap Friday night.  First preseason game is meaningless to a guy like him.  If he had an injury they should not have taken any chances playing him in a meaningless game.

True, that is how good of a player Dennard could be.

Shouldn't risk it in a meaningless game. With him and Dre we could have a great duo.
Reply/Quote
Good to hear but shawn williams just seems fragile...like an injury waiting to happen. Glad we got some young depth at that spot.
Reply/Quote
Another rough practice for Bodine. Listening to the radio yesterday Mo and co said don't be surprised if he loses his job to T.J. Hue and Dalton have just about washed their hands of him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Thank you for the update
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 10:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: Another rough practice for Bodine. Listening to the radio yesterday Mo and co said don't be surprised if he loses his job to T.J. Hue and Dalton have just about washed their hands of him.

There is not hreat fo Bodine losing his job.  Andy and the coaches are frustrated with him, but they are not crazy knee-jerk drama queens like Mo and some people here.

Here is what Hue said about Bodines problems.....

Unlike last week when Bodine had two bad snaps in four plays, he didn't have another poor snap the rest of Monday afternoon's workout.

"It's going to stop," Jackson said. "He gets it. It didn't happen in the game [Friday]. It's annoying, it's disappointing, but now it's a team thing. It's the quarterback and his offensive teammates. They're not going to let it happen. They'll get it stopped. I believe that."
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 11:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There is not hreat fo Bodine losing his job.  Andy and the coaches are frustrated with him, but they are not crazy knee-jerk drama queens like Mo and some people here.

Here is what Hue said about Bodines problems.....

Unlike last week when Bodine had two bad snaps in four plays, he didn't have another poor snap the rest of Monday afternoon's workout.

"It's going to stop," Jackson said. "He gets it. It didn't happen in the game [Friday]. It's annoying, it's disappointing, but now it's a team thing. It's the quarterback and his offensive teammates. They're not going to let it happen. They'll get it stopped. I believe that."

If you want it fixed let Bodine play with McCarron and the #2s for a while, He'll get in his face about it.

https://youtu.be/Ca8e-jSZV0g
Reply/Quote
I read some much harsher words from Hue being "pissed off" at Bodines snap struggles. It's something to keep an eye on.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 12:03 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: If you want it fixed let Bodine play with McCarron and the #2s for a while, He'll get in his face about it.

You mean sit on the side lines with the always injured McCarron?  No need for that

Offensive coordinator Hue Jackson wasn't happy about the continued exchange issues either.  "It pissed me off. I'm being honest," Jackson said.  The coach then added, "But Andy's handling it. I'm giving it to him."

That statement was enough to prove the reins Jackson put in his quarterback's hands this time a year ago still are very much there. The belief Jackson has in Dalton hasn't faded in the past 12 months. If anything, it has grown.

"It's his offense and he's taking control," Jackson said. "I don't think he's playing around with it. He knows that [the snap issue] exists, and he's not going to let it exist. There were no more of those after that."
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 10:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: Another rough practice for Bodine. Listening to the radio yesterday Mo and co said don't be surprised if he loses his job to T.J. Hue and Dalton have just about washed their hands of him.

Man, that is no good. I was hoping we had our guy and he would really start to improve in his 2nd year.

Have to draft a Center early next year if this is the case.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 12:03 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: If you want it fixed let Bodine play with McCarron and the #2s for a while, He'll get in his face about it.

You just keep trying and keep failing.  I'd say your persistence is honorable, but it's really just pathetic.
(08-18-2015, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean sit on the side lines with the always injured McCarron?  No need for that

Offensive coordinator Hue Jackson wasn't happy about the continued exchange issues either.  "It pissed me off. I'm being honest," Jackson said.  The coach then added, "But Andy's handling it. I'm giving it to him."

That statement was enough to prove the reins Jackson put in his quarterback's hands this time a year ago still are very much there. The belief Jackson has in Dalton hasn't faded in the past 12 months. If anything, it has grown.

"It's his offense and he's taking control," Jackson said. "I don't think he's playing around with it. He knows that [the snap issue] exists, and he's not going to let it exist. There were no more of those after that."

Nice find Fred.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean sit on the side lines with the always injured McCarron?  No need for that

C'mon Fred Im just trying to be funny here. But seriously, with no other knowledge about these two people, pick the one most likely to yell at another human being.

[Image: PHP4B3C21E558C55.jpg]  [Image: aj-mccarron.jpg]

I wonder what the Bengals fans vs non Bengals fans comparison would look like in that poll.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 06:50 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Good to read!

he should be if he hurt his groin before that game and still ran down that kick return... I think he will be okay
Reply/Quote