Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
McCarron wins grievance, will be UFA
(02-15-2018, 07:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When will Mike Brown ever learn?  In the modern era, you don't "own" players for life.  If you have an opportunity to get something of value for a player that you're not really using, squeeze the damn trigger..

Browns and Bengals = 2 monkeys and a football.... I'm sure Mikey B was squeezing them for every last drop and he was bitten by the clock and now this......What a putz
Reply/Quote
Damn
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 07:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Damn

Good for AJ. He will likely get a 3 year bridge deal from one of the teams targeting a 1st round QB. AJ played decently here in limited time, and had the Bengals on the cusp of their 1st Playoff win since Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer ruled the airwaves.

Also, just par for the course under Mike Clown and Marvelous Marvin. 27 years of Fail and counting...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure the FO deserves blame here. They had a trade in place for AJ that the BROWNS fumbled away (intentional or not). While I can see the argument that he should've "tried harder" to trade him, it's not like Mike and Merv kept from trading him no matter the cost.

Look on the bright side: Driskel becomes our primary backup. Let the Dalton vs Driskel debate OFFICIALLY commence!! Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Best of luck to AJM.
Browns getting better at screwing us.

Really though, MB's ineptitude trying to do things they don't normally do is what got us, when we all knew the Browns GM was new and not up to speed on this stuff.

Guess the Browns now can get the best RB and who else do you think they will take with the other top 5 pick(why not get the best LB and double screw us)?
Reply/Quote
can we turn in our fan card
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 07:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It seems the "AJM is worth nothing" crowd and our "FA is inept" crowd will lock horns over this one. But my prediction is that many of those that said we can get nothing from AJM will suddenly think he could have brought us something.

I have no idea how the FA can be considered inept in this. They valued their backup QB and wanted to hold on to him this season; as a good backup is a commodity (just ask Phiily) and just before the trade deadline and it was apparent we were out of the race a team offers us a 2nd rounder for him and we accept; unfortunately, the other team didn't have their stuff together.

FO could have traded him in offseason knowing he was about to break the chain and run free. Anything is better than nothing. 

Would have had an extra early draft pick last year and could have signed a Nick Foles in FA if they really wanted a good back up QB. 

Believe the "other team" did have their stuff together and are about to reap the rewards without giving away their #33 pick overall while we hold an empty bag.  Now we are in search of the oh so valuable back up QB. 

But as have always said, believe Driskell can do this adequately.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 07:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not sure the FO deserves blame here. They had a trade in place for AJ that the BROWNS fumbled away (intentional or not). While I can see the argument that he should've "tried harder" to trade him, it's not like Mike and Merv kept from trading him no matter the cost.

Look on the bright side: Driskel becomes our primary backup. Let the Dalton vs Driskel debate OFFICIALLY commence!! Smirk

You're right, we had a deal and the Browns screwed the pooch, but why wait till the clock strikes 0? Couldn't they have done it like the day before? I'm just speculating here, but I think Mikey B tried to play hardball and Cleveland had to step back and regroup... 
Reply/Quote
Happy that he gets his chance. They should have traded him for something that added to the starting 22 when they could have. Lucky to get a 3rd rd comp pick now. They overplayed their hand.

And screw you sashi brown. May a thousand camels shit in your yard
Reply/Quote
I’m tired of this franchise
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
So funny how alleged Bengals fans are happy that McCarron won so the team can’t maximize the value.

Dear lord support the team or go find another one. This is the same stuff AJM had to address with fans bashing the team. It’s crazy.
Reply/Quote
Par for the Course......Bungles gonna Bungle.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 08:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So funny how alleged Bengals fans are happy that McCarron won so the team can’t maximize the value.

Dear lord support the team or go find another one. This is the same stuff AJM had to address with fans bashing the team. It’s crazy.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 08:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So funny how alleged Bengals  fans are happy that McCarron won so the team can’t maximize the value.  

Dear lord support the team or go find another one.    This is the same stuff AJM had to address with fans bashing the team.    It’s crazy.

Do not believe that too many people are glad he won, but all knew it was a possibility. 

Think most just feel that he should have been traded in off season knowing this judgement was coming one way or the other. 

Plus we had many needs to fill and still do. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Will be pulling hard for this kid. I always thought he carried himself well, and went out his way to be both professional and positive. Simply put, he seems like a good dude. He deserves his shot and I'm happy for him.

As far as the Bengals role in this, really don't care too much either way. Indifferent, apathetic, pick your word. I just know I felt sorry for him being stuck here for a 5th season.
Reply/Quote
Not surprised. Wish AJ good luck wherever he ends up. Thanks for being our backup.
Reply/Quote
Sure glad the Bengals spent all last offseason asking for the sun and the moon for him, rather than simply accepting the moon. That sure paid off. It's like a recreation of the Chapman trade with the Reds. Had big offers, wanted unrealistic offers, got nothing/basically nothing.

Why do all Cincinnati sports sometimes feel the same?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Would get really interesting if they tagged him...I’d do it just to say F you to Cleveland lol you want him, you gotta give up those picks!... not like they’ll spend the money on anyone else so what’s the harm? (Other than to poor AJM who’d be stuck here another year)
Reply/Quote
Other than losing the draft picks from the Browns debacle I couldn't give a rat's ass about AJM.

I don't believe they ever intended him to be anything but a backup.

If he really had starter potential he would've never slipped that far in the draft.

We'll just have to see what happens but getting starter money for not doing squat will be someone else's issue.

I hope the Stains sign him anyway.

Posters fawning over the Browns getting AJM and who they'll pick in the draft... c'mon man!!

That team has had so many chances to improve and epically failed with picks galore.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I like Driskel, from what little I've watched. The FO did try, but did they really try hard enough? I feel like they bumbled the situation, again. Hate to lose a guy like that, and receive nothing.
I mean essentially we only loose a 5th Rd pick, but it would have been nice to have sold high!
Reply/Quote