Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
McCarron wins grievance, will be UFA
(02-15-2018, 09:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Wasn't he cleared to practice at some point in December?  Or was there an injury after that?

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bengals-jeff-driskel-recovering-from-broken-arm/

He broke his arm the last week of practice after being cleared to practice while on the IR.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 09:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They were smart to wait for the best value.

There is no way you can blame the front office for this.  They played their cards correctly and got more value than any of you here ever predicted.  They can't help it if the Browns screwed the pooch.

And anyone comparing this to the way the Reds handled Chapman is completely clueless.  the Bengals traded McCarron when his valkue was higher than anyone here predicted.  That is the exact opposite of what the Reds did with Chapman.

Oh they traded him did they? Where are the picks they gained?
Reply/Quote
Read on PFT that AJ was just happy to finally get a chance to compete for a starting role. Make you wonder if we ever had an open competition.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 09:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pretty much everyone here.

Got a link to where you claimed McCarron would win and become an UFA?  Because almost everyone else here and in the media thought the Bengals would win.

and they were wrong again. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Read on PFT that AJ was just happy to finally get a chance to compete for a starting role. Make you wonder if we ever had an open competition.

It would be rare to give a 5th round pick a fair chance at starting over the starter that has been taking you to playoffs on regular basis. Even if it is what's supposed to be done. Just not reality. 

Guess Gruden did it with Cousin's, but not many on board agreed with anything Gruden ever did here and celebrated his departure even. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 07:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: We fumbled that one away.

Face meet palm.

Yep, poor pooch got screwed big time on this one.

Should of traded him when he had value. No surprise though.

Thought this would happen a year ago or so. That was our window.

Was really surprised there was even a mention of a trade last year to the Stains who i couldn't believe wanted him.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 10:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It would be rare to give a 5th round pick a fair chance at starting over the starter that has been taking you to playoffs on regular basis. Even if it is what's supposed to be done. Just not reality. 

Guess Gruden did it with Cousin's, but not many on board agreed with anything Gruden ever did here and celebrated his departure even. 

True words and most likely why we will not look at QB early in the upcoming draft. It has been done in a few places though. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 08:41 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Would get really interesting if they tagged him...I’d do it just to say F you to Cleveland lol you want him, you gotta give up those picks!... not like they’ll spend the money on anyone else so what’s the harm? (Other than to poor AJM who’d be stuck here another year)

That would be like a $20 Million FU
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 09:04 PM)BengirlVal Wrote: AJ will go on to be a great QB somewhere else. And I'm betting if he goes to the Browns they light our asses up every time they play us!

I don't agree at all.

On a dominant team it's feasible.

Not on the damn Browns.

If he "statues" like he does he'll get his ass planted.

I guess I don't see whatever everyone else sees in AJM though even in a small sample size.

I'm not even sure if he's better than Josh McCown to be honest with you.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: True words and most likely why we will not look at QB early in the upcoming draft. It has been done in a few places though. 

Perhaps

or sign Teddy Bridgewater and have a 1st round selection who has already been to the Pro Bowl with more wins than losses on his resume. 

Bengals love rehabilitating players they can get on the cheap. And or criminals that matter.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 09:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They were smart to wait for the best value.

There is no way you can blame the front office for this.  They played their cards correctly and got more value than any of you here ever predicted.  They can't help it if the Browns screwed the pooch.

And anyone comparing this to the way the Reds handled Chapman is completely clueless.  the Bengals traded McCarron when his valkue was higher than anyone here predicted.  That is the exact opposite of what the Reds did with Chapman.

Earth to Neptune

The Bengals got exactly zero value. Or, to put it in other words, they got zilch, zippo, nadda, nothing, a goose egg.

I can't blame the front office, just watch me - I blame Mikey F'in Brown for this. He held out for top dollar and got nothing. Why? Because he was greedy and he was greedy because he thought he had AJM over a barrel this off season where he could tender him with a 1st or 2nd round offer.

Oops!

Mikey boy misjudged what was going to happen.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 08:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Do not believe that too many people are glad he won, but all knew it was a possibility. 

Think most just feel that he should have been traded in off season knowing this judgement was coming one way or the other. 

Plus we had many needs to fill and still do. 

Ofc he should have been traded and if Shashi Brown was competent he would have been.

Hard to blame Mike, Marvin, and Duke for that.....
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 08:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So funny how alleged Bengals  fans are happy that McCarron won so the team can’t maximize the value.  

Dear lord support the team or go find another one.    This is the same stuff AJM had to address with fans bashing the team.    It’s crazy.

Oh like getting upset every other time Mike Brown botched something in the past 27 years did any good.  Laugh or cry, is how I sees it.  
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 11:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ofc he should have been traded and if Shashi Brown was competent he would have been.  

Yep

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 11:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ofc he should have been traded and if Shashi Brown was competent he would have been.  

Meh, Sashi comes off looking better for not trading a 2nd and 3rd for McCarron though, doesn't he?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 11:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I can't blame the front office, just watch me - I blame Mikey F'in Brown for this. He held out for top dollar and got nothing. Why? Because he was greedy and he was greedy because he thought he had AJM over a barrel this off season where he could tender him with a 1st or 2nd round offer.

"Greed" had nothing to do with the Browns screwing up the deal.

You have no clue what happened.  Mike Brown did nothing wrong. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 10:12 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Oh they traded him did they? Where are the picks they gained?

The Browns screwed up the deal.

Sorry, I thought every Bengal fan knew about that.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 11:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown did nothing wrong. 

Depending on the Browns to do anything but lose football games seems pretty wrong to me. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 10:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: and they were wrong again. 

So you predicted McCarron would win?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 11:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Greed" had nothing to do with the Browns screwing up the deal.

You have no clue what happened.  Mike Brown did nothing wrong. 

He screwed up by waiting till the last damn minute to make the trade.

The time to make the deal was during the draft before the season even started and if not then, you at least start the trade movements prior to the final day of the trade deadline and waiting till the last damn minute to try and make the deal final.

It is why the Patriots are winners and Mike Brown and the Bengals are losers. They sent Jimmy G off to San Fran and got it done right....meanwhile clownshoes ****** around and gets left holding nothing. The rich got richer with draft picks and this team just looks more and more inept.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote