Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
McCarron wins grievance, will be UFA
LMMFAO. Who didn't see this coming?  That's so Bengals.....the new catchphrase.....catch the fever!  LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 08:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure glad the Bengals spent all last offseason asking for the sun and the moon for him, rather than simply accepting the moon. That sure paid off. It's like a recreation of the Chapman trade with the Reds. Had big offers, wanted unrealistic offers, got nothing/basically nothing.

Why do all Cincinnati sports sometimes feel the same?

Don’t get me started on the Chapman trade. Nothing like waiting until one of the best players in the games value goes as low as it’d ever go and then panic and trade him for nothing. Only to watch the team you traded him to wait for his value to go back up and trade him 6 months later for more then they gave up to get him. Pathetic. Fitting both of those organizations play a few hundred feet away from each other 
Reply/Quote
The Bengals overplayed their hand and they paid for it.

Unfortunately, the fans have to pay the price as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 07:18 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We had a second rd and third Rd pick for AJ the Browns renagged on the deal.

Come on man....had they not drug their damn feet and been actively shopping him instead of waiting until the last minute....he's likely been gone for months, if not before the season.

Mikey's such a *******, the league hates him and ruled against him....lol.

Reply/Quote
Wow. Surprising. A ruling against the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 07:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It seems the "AJM is worth nothing" crowd and our "FA is inept" crowd will lock horns over this one. But my prediction is that many of those that said we can get nothing from AJM will suddenly think he could have brought us something.

I have no idea how the FA can be considered inept in this. They valued their backup QB and wanted to hold on to him this season; as a good backup is a commodity (just ask Phiily) and just before the trade deadline and it was apparent we were out of the race a team offers us a 2nd rounder for him and we accept; unfortunately, the other team didn't have their stuff together.

Valuable to team that's worth a shit.....we were out of the race the day they roled with Ogbuehi and Fisher.

Reply/Quote
At least the debate of Dalton vs. McCarron is over around here. I really liked him and I hope he gets a good shot somewhere besides the Browns. I think he may just surprise us.

Typical idiot management around here though. Can't blame the Browns for screwing it up. Blame Mike Brown. He had more than enough time to make a trade, but failed once again.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 08:59 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: At least the debate of Dalton vs. McCarron is over around here.  I really liked him and I hope he gets a good shot somewhere besides the Browns.  I think he may just surprise us.

Typical idiot management around here though.  Can't blame the Browns for screwing it up.  Blame Mike Brown.  He had more than enough time to make a trade, but failed once again.

Can you imagine what it’ll be like if he starts a game somewhere else and plays one decent series? We’ll never hear the end of it lmao
Reply/Quote
AJ will go on to be a great QB somewhere else. And I'm betting if he goes to the Browns they light our asses up every time they play us!
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 08:02 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: can we turn in our fan card

Nope, you're stuck here like the rest of us.

As a Bengal fan, I'm disappointed at the lost value.  But, as a Bengal fan, I love seeing the old man take a kick in the 'gnads.  It should happen more often.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 08:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: Come on man....had they not drug their damn feet and been actively shopping him instead of waiting until the last minute....he's likely been gone for months, if not before the season.

Mikey's such a *******, the league hates him and ruled against him....lol.

We got a great deal for him and the other team fudged us over. Patriots waited to the last second with Jimmy G as well. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Best wishes to Macaroni. He may end up in Cleveland, Arizona, Denver, Chicago, or elsewhere. He deserves to start next year somewhere. The Bengals may have to trade up in the draft to get a QB now. We need a good backup for Dalton.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 08:45 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I like Driskel, from what little I've watched. The FO did try, but did they really try hard enough? I feel like they bumbled the situation, again. Hate to lose a guy like that, and receive nothing.
I mean essentially we only loose a 5th Rd pick, but it would have been nice to have sold high!

Yep, buy low and sell high is the name of the game I thought ? 

Missed a good opportunity here to do just that. 

Do not dislike AJM at all. Yet it was obvious the Bengals only wanted him as a back up. 

So trading for a starter seemed only logical. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
So who's going to get signed first (pick a team, any team): AJM or K. Cousins?
Reply/Quote
And Driskell may not be ready to start the season as the backup as he recovers from an injury suffered at the end of the season.

Way to go Bengals.... way to go....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 09:29 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And Driskell may not be ready to start the season as the backup as he recovers from an injury suffered at the end of the season.

Way to go Bengals.... way to go....

Wasn't he cleared to practice at some point in December?  Or was there an injury after that?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 09:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Nope, you're stuck here like the rest of us.

As a Bengal fan, I'm disappointed at the lost value.  But, as a Bengal fan, I love seeing the old man take a kick in the 'gnads.  It should happen more often.  

Even better, he has to pay him for lost wages from 2014 PLUS INTEREST! He’s not gonna be able to sleep tonight lol and knowing that cheap old bag has to give up some of his hoarded pennies will allow me to sleep like a baby  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 08:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: Come on man....had they not drug their damn feet and been actively shopping him instead of waiting until the last minute....he's likely been gone for months, if not before the season.

They were smart to wait for the best value.

There is no way you can blame the front office for this.  They played their cards correctly and got more value than any of you here ever predicted.  They can't help it if the Browns screwed the pooch.

And anyone comparing this to the way the Reds handled Chapman is completely clueless.  the Bengals traded McCarron when his valkue was higher than anyone here predicted.  That is the exact opposite of what the Reds did with Chapman.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 08:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMMFAO. Who didn't see this coming? 

Pretty much everyone here.

Got a link to where you claimed McCarron would win and become an UFA?  Because almost everyone else here and in the media thought the Bengals would win.
Reply/Quote
Good luck A J. We will miss u. Liked to have seen what you could have done with. Full year.
Reply/Quote