Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McCarron
Going forward I really would install the wildcat with Sanu or Bernard. This might take some heat off McCarron and throw a changeup for the defensive coordinator.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Giftwrapped 14 points to the 29th ranked passing defense. Had a 60-ish QB Rating before a 33-13 garbage time TD drive. Enuff said.

(12-13-2015, 07:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Giftwrapped 14 points to the opposing team, had a 60-ish QB Rating before a 33-13 garbage time TD drive with less than 2 minutes to go, and was up against the 29th ranked pass defense with a LOT of talent surrounding him.

Yup, huge ceiling. Ninja

You keep saying this and yes it's understandable because this is his first time actually running the offense... but Dalton threw a shit pass on a bad decision in scoring position. 

A top 5 rated QB did that.  One that has experience and knows the team inside and out.  "Gift wrapped" what should have been TD/field goal at the worst.

I really do understand the reality you're trying to convey.

Just give AJ a shot for crap's sake.  Nobody really does know his ceiling in such a small sample.

We'll find out soon enough.

This is coming from a Dalton supporter as well.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:36 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You keep saying this and yes it's understandable because this is his first time actually running the offense... but Dalton threw a shit pass on a bad decision in scoring position. 

A top 5 rated QB did that.  One that has experience and knows the team inside and out.  "Gift wrapped" what should have been TD/field goal at the worst.

I really do understand the reality you're trying to convey.

Just give AJ a shot for crap's sake.  Nobody really does know his ceiling in such a small sample.

We'll find out soon enough.

This is coming from a Dalton supporter as well.

Yep! Look how long it took Dalton to become who he is now! McCarron's ahead of the curve due to having last year's exposure (though his injury kept him from practicing much), and this year's activities. All we can do is hope that he paid as much attention to the particulars as everyone would have him do. Maybe his struggles will have mostly been dealt with, with the bulk of the remaining being just getting the necessary reps.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Well said, BengalsRocker, and obviously I'm a Dalton guy as well. I was pleasantly surprised with how AJ played. There will be no QB controversy, but I think McCarron with all the reps will give us a decent shot against the 49ers and Ravens. Maybe the Broncos as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well said, BengalsRocker, and obviously I'm a Dalton guy as well. I was pleasantly surprised with how AJ played. There will be no QB controversy, but I think McCarron with all the reps will give us a decent shot against the 49ers and Ravens. Maybe the Broncos as well.

I think he's showed enough, in his limited snaps (regular and preseason), that he should be just fine for the next 3 games, if needed that long. 

Dude is Galaxies better than the other dudes we've had around here over the last decade plus.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Next 3 games will all be wins.

Playoff W/L depends on opponent.

Need Eifert, Pacman, Iloka and Burfict on the field though.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure anyone has said AJ is better than the QB who was LEADING THE NFL in QB Rating coming into the game.

Guy came in cold and threw 1 more INT in 50 minutes than Andy did in 10; yet there is a population here trying to trash him. 

It's more about the troll he's responding to.  He's the one that trashed AD during the gameday thread....and has been for over a week.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:42 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: There hasn't been much to crap on a quarterback for in Cincy lately. It's built up and now has a potential target. It was bound to come out LOL

Yep, and just look at who is doing the crapping.

Same old haters gonna hate.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 05:16 AM)BigSeph Wrote: Next 3 games will all be wins.

Playoff W/L depends on opponent.

Need Eifert, Pacman, Iloka and Burfict on the field though.

I think we can win two of them......or should....even with those guys out.  They will all be needed in Denver though.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 09:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: For a 1st year guy coming in for an injured QB he did pretty good. Dalton has had worse games, so I wouldn't read too much into this.

Seriously.. can we stop calling him a first year guy? He's in his second year with the Bengals. People did they same thing with Kirkpatrick for three freaking year "he's basically a rookie!"... no, he's not.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 05:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: It's more about the troll he's responding to.  He's the one that trashed AD during the gameday thread....and has been for over a week.  

Pretty much, Wyche.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 06:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seriously.. can we stop calling him a first year guy? He's in his second year with the Bengals. People did they same thing with Kirkpatrick for three freaking year "he's basically a rookie!"... no, he's not.

Nah, he's basically a first year guy. You can count AJM spending last year on the PUP list until the team had to activate him due to rules, if you want.

This is Kirkpatrick's 4th year. I don't see the comparisons you are making.

And, when you look at each of the mistakes AJM made Sunday, you should also notice that AD has made each and everyone of those same mistakes multiple times in his first 4 years. Sometimes multiple times in a single game.

AJM is the QB for the rest of the regular season and likely into the playoffs. So might as well like it.

Reply/Quote
McCarron has a 90.3 QB rating currently. I'd take that for the next 3 games.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote