Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McCoy to bengals?
Now that the weekend is over, McCoy's set to visit Baltimore tomorrow and there should be more actual news to discuss. It feels to me like if he leaves Baltimore without signing then anything can happen. We'll see!
Reply/Quote
Oh man. Baltimore was the team I figured he would go with. It’ seems running a 3-4 or 4-3 doesn’t matter anymore. If the Bengals were serious this year on winning they would find a way to pay this guy 11 million for two or three years each. Easily our biggest signing ever.
Reply/Quote
He’ll be a Raven. Because of course.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 12:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’ll be a Raven. Because of course.

At least we were talked about. For a min or so.
Reply/Quote
I never thought for a minute he'd be a Bengal. I guess I don't care all that much, either. He's not the force he once was, but he'll still demand a good chunk of change due to his name. Not sure he'd help that much against the run anyway.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 08:09 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I've seen people on this board claim that Dalton would win multiple SBs with the Patriots. That is almost as absurd.

Not really.  Look at what they did with Matt Cassell vs how he played after that 11 win season.  It's a coach's league.  Dalton would at least have gotten to a couple of AFC Title games by now with BB.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 03:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I assure you plenty of people think the Browns will implode and the Steelers will win the afc north.  The Steelers are bring hailed as a sneaky underdog that is minus two me-first divas and ready to show the media that apparently also loves the Browns who really rules the afc north.

Their bs narrative is strong.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers in 3rd (or even last) place this year. With Brown gone, it now forces JJSS to be their WR1. I don't think he'll be as productive going up against CB1's. They have a lot of newbies now competing for that WR2 spot. Vance McDonald is just a decent 4th option in the passing game. Conner produced well last year, but it's going to be hard for him to carry the load again this year, and more teams will try to shut down the run with Brown gone.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 10:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers in 3rd (or even last) place this year. With Brown gone, it now forces JJSS to be their WR1. I don't think he'll be as productive going up against CB1's. They have a lot of newbies now competing for that WR2 spot. Vance McDonald is just a decent 4th option in the passing game. Conner produced well last year, but it's going to be hard for him to carry the load again this year, and more teams will try to shut down the run with Brown gone.

It could happen.  I just find the dueling narratives to be amusing.  Cleveland will be bad because they have a lot of diva talent, Pittsburgh will be bad because they lost a lot of diva talent, and the Ravens will....well, their QB is a RB so maybe they will be bad.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 10:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It could happen.  I just find the dueling narratives to be amusing.  Cleveland will be bad because they have a lot of diva talent, Pittsburgh will be bad because they lost a lot of diva talent, and the Ravens will....well, their QB is a RB so maybe they will be bad.

Yep. It's all speculation. People thought the Bengals wouldn't win a game in 2011 and they ended up making the playoffs. That's why you play the game (thanks, Herm!)
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 10:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers in 3rd (or even last) place this year. With Brown gone, it now forces JJSS to be their WR1. I don't think he'll be as productive going up against CB1's. They have a lot of newbies now competing for that WR2 spot. Vance McDonald is just a decent 4th option in the passing game. Conner produced well last year, but it's going to be hard for him to carry the load again this year, and more teams will try to shut down the run with Brown gone.

Have any other AFCN teams lost their QB to injury in recent years? I know Ben has been lucky. Will his luck run out in 2019? If so, the Steeler's lose HOF QB Ben early in year, I think they are toast. They lose Juju, I think they are toast. I think Ravens defense will keep them in the hunt. I am not so sure the Steeler's defense can overcome a loss of Ben.

I think on paper, Browns look great, but on paper so we will see if they can look great on the field. But, I see why experts pick us last, even though as some have said same experts who picked us last in 2011 and we won the division with a rookie QB and rookie WR with no camps to prepare due to CBA.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 10:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Have any other AFCN teams lost their QB to injury in recent years? I know Ben has been lucky. Will his luck run out in 2019? If so, the Steeler's lose HOF QB Ben early in year, I think they are toast. They lose Juju, I think they are toast. I think Ravens defense will keep them in the hunt. I am not so sure the Steeler's defense can overcome a loss of Ben.

I think on paper, Browns look great, but on paper so we will see if they can look great on the field. But, I see why experts pick us last, even though as some have said same experts who picked us last in 2011 and we won the division with a rookie QB and rookie WR with no camps to prepare due to CBA.

Don't forget about James Conner when it comes to injuries. He just slightly outproduced Mixon (+6 total yards) on 10 less touches, but he only played 13 games. He was on pace for 330+ touches if he played the whole season. That's a lot if he does it year after year. If Conner is out, do the Steelers have good enough RBs to pick up the slack?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 10:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Have any other AFCN teams lost their QB to injury in recent years? I know Ben has been lucky. Will his luck run out in 2019? If so, the Steeler's lose HOF QB Ben early in year, I think they are toast. They lose Juju, I think they are toast. I think Ravens defense will keep them in the hunt. I am not so sure the Steeler's defense can overcome a loss of Ben.

In 2011 we were third in the division and were the second wild card team with a 9-7 record.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 10:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It could happen.  I just find the dueling narratives to be amusing.  Cleveland will be bad because they have a lot of diva talent, Pittsburgh will be bad because they lost a lot of diva talent, and the Ravens will....well, their QB is a RB so maybe they will be bad.

It is up to each team in the Division to "rattle the narratives" of the others.

Win more head to head Divisional match ups & then some.

Pitt beating Cleveland could cause diva infighting in Cleveland or O'dell demanding the ball more etc.

Cleveland beating Pitt could cause Antonio Brown to twitter fight with Steelers again & possibly rattle the Steeler locker room. Ben may publicly blame another player etc.

Ravens are all in on their Lamar Jackson based system that may get figured out to the point of a full implosion or Lamar improves as a passer & they rattle those they beat.

Bengals losing to any of the three could put a lot of pressure on the New unproven Coaching Staff; yet Bengals beating any of the three feeds into the "Zac as young innovator/genius" aura & causes media/fan finger pointing at any Divisional team the Bengals beat.

In the end, one team/plan/organization has to earn it & take it from the others and the one that does gets to eat some popcorn while watching the others take the heat for losing.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 12:48 PM)depthchart Wrote: It is up to each team in the Division to "rattle the narratives" of the others.

Win more head to head Divisional match ups & then some.

Pitt beating Cleveland could cause diva infighting in Cleveland or O'dell demanding the ball more etc.

Cleveland beating Pitt could cause Antonio Brown to twitter fight with Steelers again & possibly rattle the Steeler locker room. Ben may publicly blame another player etc.

Ravens are all in on their Lamar Jackson based system that may get figured out to the point of a full implosion or Lamar improves as a passer & they rattle those they beat.

Bengals losing to any of the three could put a lot of pressure on the New unproven Coaching Staff; yet Bengals beating any of the three feeds into the "Zac as young innovator/genius" aura & causes media/fan finger pointing at any Divisional team the Bengals beat.

In the end, one team/plan/organization has to earn it & take it from the others and the one that does gets to eat some popcorn while watching the others take the heat for losing.

I'm expecting the Ravens to emphasize the running game and play action. I think Jackson can become a low 60% accuracy passer but he's not going to succeed if he can't use his legs.

This might be the most balanced the division has been in a long time. A lot of question marks.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 12:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This might be the most balanced the division has been in a long time. A lot of question marks.

This season may be about which team would be hurt the most by losing.

Big Ben is aging and Coaches could be fired in Pittsburgh should they lose. Then they have to listen to Antonio Brown again. Upset fans.

Ravens may have to reevaluate the Lamar Jackson experiment or go all in again with it in 2020 after losing.

Browns would likely be questioned about trading for O'dell & their team chemistry should they lose but Baker is young. They could still regain their Media Darling status going into 2020 with a busy offseason.

Bengals could chock up losing to a New Coaching Staff but some of the young new innovator genius glow may fall off of Zac. Focus could then turn to Andy as the problem going into the 2020 offseason whether Andy deserves it or not.
Reply/Quote
If it's more about winning and less about money to McCoy then I'd say New England has the edge in signing him.

Reply/Quote
the other 3 AFC North teams are overlooking the Bengals.
but the Bengals roster has went through the least of changes
in personal that were of players with meaningful plays and snaps.
yeah the Browns added some big time talent.

the Steelers lose Bell Brown....acquire Moncrief.
the Ravens lose Mosely, Smith
acquire Thomas,Ingram.

who did the Bengals lose that really played at a high level.
Smith,Burfict,Kroft all replaceable
Johnson his snaps are replaceable
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 08:09 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I've seen people on this board claim that Dalton would win multiple SBs with the Patriots. That is almost as absurd.

Not quite. Belichick is an amazing coach. Won 11 games in 2008 with Matt Cassel, and Dalton > Cassel.

Should be interesting if Belichick stays on after Brady finally retires. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

The Ravens should be favored to win the division.

Harbaugh will run a pistol and read option offense. His brother took SF to multiple NFC championship games and a SB with that type of offense. Even Alex Smith was running some of that before Kaepernick got to SF.

They drafted first and third round WRs and got a couple of RBs through draft and FA.

So they will run it and run it again. And Jackson can sling it.

So that Team is no joke. Neither is their QB.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 02:00 PM)impactplaya Wrote: the other 3 AFC North teams are overlooking the Bengals.
but the Bengals roster has went through the least of changes
in personal that were of players with meaningful plays and snaps.
yeah the Browns added some big time talent.

the Steelers lose Bell Brown....acquire Moncrief.
the Ravens lose Mosely, Smith
acquire Thomas,Ingram.

who did the Bengals lose that really played at a high level.
Smith,Burfict,Kroft all replaceable
Johnson his snaps are replaceable

I didn't realize Moncrief went to PIT. I see him being their WR2 then. However, in no way do I think their passing attack will be as good with Moncrief as it was with AB. I see Roethlisberger with maybe 1000 yards less than he did last year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote