Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mccarron
(01-06-2017, 05:42 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed.

McCarron looked serviceable on a team that — this season and last — wouldn't have been in a few games if Dalton didn't have a quick release and kept plays alive. McCarron isn't that level, but he did ok with the same team.

NE has a good history with plugging in players and not missing a beat. Not to say Garappolo won't be a good QB, but it's hard to weigh his body of work in NE, when people used that same yard stick for Cassel. The guy went from being the next Tom Brady to throwing one TD in a few games for the Chiefs.

Well actually Cassel made a Pro Bowl once with the Chiefs, throwing 27 TDs to 7 picks. Point taken though. Cassel had high hopes coming out of NE but wound up being mostly a backup type of player.

That said, I feel differently about Jimmy G than most NE backups. I feel he has the physical talent that Cassel and Hoyer lacked, and the work ethic that Ryan Mallet lacked. I think he'll wind up being a good starter somewhere if NE doesn't lock him up as Brady's long term replacement.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Browns give us a 2nd round pick for him. Another 2nd in next years draft if he takes the Browns to the playoffs his first year?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 02:58 AM)magikod Wrote: Browns give us a 2nd round pick for him. Another 2nd in next years draft if he takes the Browns to the playoffs his first year?

Ha. We should get a boatload of high picks if Mac leads the Browns to a playoff berth his first year.

Talk about a miracle.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 02:58 AM)magikod Wrote: Browns give us a 2nd round pick for him. Another 2nd in next years draft if he takes the Browns to the playoffs his first year?

Why would we want to help the Browns go to the playoffs?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I cannot imagine any team offering more than a third round pick for McCarron. While he didn't look overwhelmed he actually didn't play that great for the Bengals. He had a great supporting cast. Two years ago the Bengals roster may have been the most talented in the league. He went 2-2 and the offence struggled. He has limited athleticism so his upside is not high. He was a winner in college and still slid in the draft. The guy has all the intangibles to be a solid starter with a strong supporting cast but I doubt he will be an above average starter.

A team likely would be willing to give him a chance but you do not trade a top draft pick unles the guy you are getting is elite.
Reply/Quote