Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media Bias
I have been a Bengals fan since I was 15 when they came to Cincy, living 50 miles north in Dayton, at the time.  I watched Greg Cook play in Nippert Stadium!

After the Tampa pre-season 'prime time' game, where Lewis left the first string in the whole half, trying to save face for the horrendous play, I started a negative 'schtick', for kicks and giggles.  I'm not a superstitious person, but I also believe, if it isn't broke, don't try and change or fix it. Since I started that, they are 9-0!

I don't care who believes it or not, I'm not here for forum kudos and atta boys!

On to the thread subject.

This is why I typically don't listen and/or watch what any media has to say except the Bengals website.  I didn't get to see the second half, which was the only reason I was watching this video to see the highlights.

This is a great example/reason I don't entertain the talking heads.

At around 40 seconds in when Dalton throws the end zone interception you can hear either Irvin or Sanders say, "That was not a smart pass."  As the defensive back is running the pick back down the sideline, you can hear one of the other guys say, "This is the mistakes Andy Dalton makes in prime time games!!"

(Even though the Bengals have a horrible prime time/big stage game franchise record, it's not on Dalton alone!  This goes back to day one in 1968.  This is why I say, in addition to rewriting history at 7-0 they can rewrite the big stage game history by winning at least half of the 4 they have in the season, not counting the playoffs)

Around the one minute mark, after the touchdown pass to Green, you can hear Irvin say, "He (Dalton) tried so hard to get AJ Green the touchdown, when I thought this time he should have gone to Tyler Eifert or Mo Sanu".

At the 1:28 mark, when Ben throws the pick 'right to' Reggie Nelson, you can hear Sanders say, "Ben kept Cincinnati in the game!"

Even though the pass was horrible and right to Reggie Nelson, he didn't say that it was not a smart pass, like Dalton's, but Ben 'kept' Cincinnati in the game!

So much bias, not to mention the unprofessionalism of the 4 of them all talking at the same time, throughout the whole video!!  

Got Directv and even watch the games with the sound off!  If I could get Hoard and Lap in real time, I would listen to them while watching!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015110102/2015/REG8/bengals@steelers#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000571077&tab=videos
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:34 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: After the Tampa pre-season 'prime time' game, where Lewis left the first string in the whole half, trying to save face for the horrendous play, I started a negative 'schtick', for kicks and giggles.  I'm not a superstitious person, but I also believe, if it isn't broke, don't try and change or fix it. Since I started that, they are 9-0!

I don't care who believes it or not, I'm not here for forum kudos and atta boys!

If you really did not care then you would not have come up with this silly excuse for why you have looked so stupid with your constant negativity.
Reply/Quote
Media doesn't believe in Bengals fans. You watch the game and look in the Game Day threads, most fans don't believe in the team until the final score. I saw it during Baltimore, Seattle and Pittsburgh. Fans complain and don't really believe in this team. I see it day to day. Nothing is surprising here.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:44 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Media doesn't believe in Bengals fans. You watch the game and look in the Game Day threads, most fans don't believe in the team until the final score. I saw it during Baltimore, Seattle and Pittsburgh. Fans complain and don't really believe in this team. I see it day to day. Nothing is surprising here.

Rep.

Media bias is no worse than Bengal fan bias against their own team.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you really did not care then you would not have come up with this silly excuse for why you have looked so stupid with your constant negativity.

Oh no.......I guess I'll have another sleepless night!   Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

Contrar!  They are 7-0 and you can still see some in this forum picking them apart with ridicule!  
Reply/Quote
I mean honestly Ben did keep us in the game
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:44 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Media doesn't believe in Bengals fans. You watch the game and look in the Game Day threads, most fans don't believe in the team until the final score. I saw it during Baltimore, Seattle and Pittsburgh. Fans complain and don't really believe in this team. I see it day to day. Nothing is surprising here.

I honestly expected us to win all these games, i could just feel it.

This team does not quit. They just find a way to win games.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:13 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: I mean honestly Ben did keep us in the game

And Reggie, Shawn, Burfict, Geno, MJ did not?

Our Defense kept us in the game and our Offense did just enough to help us win it.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And Reggie, Shawn, Burfict, Geno, MJ did not?

Our Defense kept us in the game and our Offense did just enough to help us win it.

I'd say the defense won the game.  That's okay too.   
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:29 PM)Wilikn Wrote: I'd say the defense won the game.  That's okay too.   

Exactly, it is a 2 way street. Our Defense took advantage of Ben yesterday and his terrible throws.

Shawn Williams made an awesome Interception, one of the best i have seen.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Our Defense kept us in the game and our Offense did just enough to help us win it.

Yes they did.    Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Contrar!  They are 7-0 and you can still see some in this forum picking them apart with ridicule!  

Just because they're 7-0 doesn't mean they don't have anything to work on. Only the super bowl winner could possibly use that excuse, and I'm sure the Patriots don't.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, it is a 2 way street. Our Defense took advantage of Ben yesterday and his terrible throws.

Shawn Williams made an awesome Interception, one of the best i have seen.

My initial reaction post game was, "..another sh***y effort off of a bye, got lucky, etc..."

Reflecting now after the game time rush has worn off,  I'm hard pressed to think of a better defensive effort.  That is one talented offense with their QB under center, even without Bell.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

I think media bias can also sway fan bias.

Look at the pre-season when the media ignores the team who had the best pre-season and most pick Ravens or Steelers to win the AFCN. Then, many said no 5th year in a row.

Next thing I know, I see some of our fans spouting the same crap which based on the facts of talent, guys returning for us and adding MJ back made no sense as both Steelers and Ravens lost more starters.

I am still waiting for all of those experts and our fans to step up and now and say they were wrong mightily and used reputation versus the reality of rosters this year to make their picks. Anyone who did not pick the Bengals to at a minimum make the playoffs proved they are a moron, but they will hit the mute button and not own up to it now.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:38 PM)Wilikn Wrote: My initial reaction post game was, "..another sh***y effort off of a bye, got lucky, etc..."

Reflecting now after the game time rush has worn off,  I'm hard pressed to think of a better defensive effort.  That is one talented offense, even without Bell, with their QB under center.

Most definately. To hold them to 3 points after that initial TD was extremely impressive in my eyes.

Actually gives me more hope for a SB than any other win cause our Defense is starting to look good again against a great Offense.

We know we have the weapons on Offense to stay with anyone but the Defense was my biggest question before this game.

But Marv is terrible at getting his teams ready after a bye no question.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Most definately. To hold them to 3 points after that initial TD was extremely impressive in my eyes.

Actually gives me more hope for a SB than any other win cause our Defense is starting to look good again against a great Offense.

We know we have the weapons on Offense to stay with anyone but the Defense was my biggest question before this game.

But Marv is terrible at getting his teams ready after a bye no question.

I am not sure blaming the bye and preparation on ML is warranted.

The defense held Ben R. and their high powered (many said best in the league) offense to 10 points. The defense was prepared.

The offense had a bad day, but many offense will have bad days at Hines this year as their defense had a lot to do with us looking bad at times.

Division games are always tough and even tougher in hostile environments against a team used to winning with their backs against the wall.

I thought we matched their intensity so ML had them ready for the environment again.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:35 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Just because they're 7-0 doesn't mean they don't have anything to work on. Only the super bowl winner could possibly use that excuse, and I'm sure the Patriots don't.

I'm only addressing this once.

Huge difference between wanting to improve and hateful ridicule.
Reply/Quote
Only addressing this once is like getting in a discussion and not allowing the other side to speak. Childish.

Only a fool would think the Bengals have nothing to work on week in and week out, regardless of record.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Steelers scored twice.

Bengals scored 4 times, with a blocked FG that would have made it 5 times.
Reply/Quote