Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media Bias
(11-04-2015, 11:15 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Okay, so given the context, there is "no difference" between the teams.

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself for not understanding this at first

(11-04-2015, 11:15 AM)djs7685 Wrote: As I have said earlier in other threads, comprehension skills have been out the window on this board lately. It's such a mess. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hey, don't be so hard on yourself for not understanding this at first

There is no difference between a 4-12 team and a 12-4 team dumped in the first round of the playoffs, neither will be Champion, and if that is truly the goal then both are failures!

That is the guy's quote. The goal is to win a championship, nothing else in this specific context.

Did the 4-12 team win a championship? No.
Did the 12-4 team win a championship? No.

Okay, so given the context, there is "no difference" between the teams.

However, he went on to state that there are obviously differences between a 4-12 team and 12-4 team if you're looking at things past "did they win a championship?".

Do you seriously not understand what "context" means? LOL LOL LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 12:05 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Do you seriously not understand what "context" means? LOL LOL LOL

Yes I do.

But you do not.

However it is pretty simple to clear it all up.  Just answer this question.  Are you able to see any difference between a 4-12 team and a 12-4 team if neither of them wins a championship?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 12:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes I do.

But you do not.

However it is pretty simple to clear it all up.  Just answer this question.  Are you able to see any difference between a 4-12 team and a 12-4 team if neither of them wins a championship?

Absolutely!

Here is another simple question to clear it all up.

If the only question is "did each team win a championship?", is there a difference in the answer between the 12-4 team and the 4-12 team if they both were bounced from the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 12:24 PM)djs7685 Wrote: If the only question is "did each team win a championship?", is there a difference in the answer between the 12-4 team and the 4-12 team if they both were bounced from the playoffs?

If that was the question then the answer is no, but that was not the question.  

And that is EXACTLY my point. 

Unlike some of you I have the amazing ability to see the difference between 4-12 teams and 12-4 teams even BEFORE the playoffs begin. And after the playoffs are over I can still see a difference between a team that went 12-4 and lost in the playoffs and a 4-12 team.

I feel sorry for those of you who are not able to do this.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If that was the question then the answer is no, but that was not the question.  

And that is EXACTLY my point.  I can see a huge difference between a very good team that loses in the playoffs and a 4-12 team.

Unlike some of you I have the amazing ability to see the difference between 4-12 teams and 12-4 teams even BEFORE the playoffs begin.

There is no difference between a 4-12 team and a 12-4 team dumped in the first round of the playoffs, neither will be Champion, and if that is truly the goal then both are failures!

But that WAS the question, which is exactly my point. You know what the dude meant, but you're being a dick about it.

You think you have an amazing ability to be right about everything when it's usually quite the opposite. So sad. Oh well, have a nice day Fred!
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Unlike some of you I have the amazing ability to see the difference between 4-12 teams and 12-4 teams even BEFORE the playoffs begin. And after the playoffs are over I can still see a difference between a team that went 12-4 and lost in the playoffs and a 4-12 team.

I feel sorry for those of you who are not able to do this.

There are huge differences between 2 different teams that are both 12-4.

I feel sorry for people that make strawman arguments and bash people for something that they never said. What a d-bag move.
Reply/Quote
The final destination might be the same for a 4-12 team and a 12-4 team that loses in the playoffs but the journey damn sure won't.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I believe there is still some bias out there against the Bengals. If Neil O'Donnell (just throwing out a name) were to get arrested tomorrow, the headline would read "Former Bengal Arrested" instead of mentioning any other team he played for. The media still likes pushing the agenda that the Bengals are notorious law breakers.

Writers are still somewhat anti-Dalton because they have been shoving their average to below average rhetoric down everyone's throat for 4+ years. I get it, he hasn't won a playoff game and that is important. When looking at his (brief) body of work, I don't see why people have always been so down on him. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Andy isn't flashy. He doesn't have the cannon arm, he's not married to a supermodel, he's not flashy, and he doesn't run his mouth. Dalton doesn't do attention grabbing things.

Dalton is better than the national media has portrayed him. Now that he's showing more personality, making first down gestures, and stepping up as even more of a leader, I think the media is taking notice and that bullshit "Dalton Line" will disappear.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:10 PM)McC Wrote: The final destination might be the same for a 4-12 team and a 12-4 team that loses in the playoffs but the journey damn sure won't.

The entire argument is ridiculous.

If someone had posted that we were just as good as the Seahawks at the end of last season DJS would have called him a fool.  Same thing if someone had posted that we were no better than the Titans.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The entire argument is ridiculous.

If someone had posted that we were just as good as the Seahawks at the end of last season DJS would have called him a fool.  Same thing if someone had posted that we were no better than the Titans.

I would have, but that's not what the guy said at all. He said that every team other than the SB winner is a "failure" when the ultimate goal is winning a championship.

You went off with a dozen posts, including calling him a moron for that. I didn't feel he deserved that whenever I can see exactly what he's saying and so can everybody else. You're being a knob for no reason.

100% of people here know that there are differences between a 4-12 and 12-4 team, you took what he said out of context, and that's the end of story on that. You know what he meant, but you're going to continue being a boob because that's the Fred way.
Reply/Quote