Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melania's parents become citizens, days after Trump rails against chain migration
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/09/politics/viktor-amalija-knavs-us-citizens/index.html

Melania Trump's parents just became US citizens today, less than a week after a rally in Pennsylvania where Donald Trump complained about chain migration.

The White House has repeatedly refused to comment on what type of visa her parents had, likely because they were here as part of so called "chain migration", the policy Trump has repeatedly lobbed attacks against, often times by mischaracterizing it and making up fabricated anecdotes.

Her parents, who do not work, reportedly raise Trump's youngest son and frequently travel between Trump's properties and the White House, often traveling with Barron and Melania on taxpayer funded aircraft and with secret service protection. This is only noteworthy given the recent report that Trump may seek to deny citizenship to legal immigrants who have used government assistance and his insistence on promoting immigrants who would most contribute to this nation first.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-09-2018, 03:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/09/politics/viktor-amalija-knavs-us-citizens/index.html

Melania Trump's parents just became US citizens today, less than a week after a rally in Pennsylvania where Donald Trump complained about chain migration.

The White House has repeatedly refused to comment on what type of visa her parents had, likely because they were here as part of so called "chain migration", the policy Trump has repeatedly lobbed attacks against, often times by mischaracterizing it and making up fabricated anecdotes.

Her parents, who do not work, reportedly raise Trump's youngest son and frequently travel between Trump's properties and the White House, often traveling with Barron and Melania on taxpayer funded aircraft and with secret service protection. This is only noteworthy given the recent report that Trump may seek to deny citizenship to legal immigrants who have used government assistance and his insistence on promoting immigrants who would most contribute to this nation first.

But wasn't Melania here on an Einstein Visa?  I mean given that is this a surprise?  Or that Trump thinks different rules apply to his employees in-laws?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-09-2018, 03:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: But wasn't Melania here on an Einstein Visa?  I mean given that is this a surprise?  Or that Trump thinks different rules apply to his employees in-laws?

She was, which many scrutinized when that was revealed, given her relatively low profile in the modeling scene (she was more famous for being his girlfriend than for being a model). 

She may also have been illegally working while here on a tourist visa prior to that.

Trump has been known to hire illegal immigrants and also makes use of seasonal worker visas at his resorts.

It's great when it benefits you

Trump is already a noted hypocrite when it comes to illegals and guest workers and immigrants and so on.
Trump doesn't care about illegal immigration. Or buy America for that matter.

Roughly 85% of his workforce in his hotels and golf courses is illegal immigrants.

He married an illegal immigrant (who lied on her visa).

and over 70% of Trump companies manufacture overseas.

He's just playing his supporters for fools. But if they allow it, and the "Fake News Media" sure doesn't point it out or ask SHS about the hypocrisy why stop?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-09-2018, 03:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/09/politics/viktor-amalija-knavs-us-citizens/index.html

My guess is that Trump doesn't understand what "chain migration" is.
When he refers to immigrants, it’s only the brown ones that are bad.
(08-09-2018, 04:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: My guess is that Trump doesn't understand what "chain migration" is.

When you are born into as much money as he is, you don't need to understand how normal people do things. 
(08-09-2018, 04:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: My guess is that Trump doesn't understand what "chain migration" is.

He's probably looking at it like most people do: my wife wants her parents here, therefore I'll help out with that (assuming he helped out with that by hiring an attorney or whatever).

Which is what most people — regardless of income — are thinking when they try to bring relatives. 
(08-10-2018, 11:25 AM)Benton Wrote: He's probably looking at it like most people do: my wife wants her parents here, therefore I'll help out with that (assuming he helped out with that by hiring an attorney or whatever).

Which is what most people — regardless of income — are thinking when they try to bring relatives. 

Off topice, but do you think Trump has the same mother-in-law issues as the rest of us common folk?
(08-10-2018, 05:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Off topice, but do you think Trump has the same mother-in-law issues as the rest of us common folk?

She's only 13 months older than Trump, so it's probably a different dynamic than what common folk have. 

(08-10-2018, 06:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: She's only 13 months older than Trump, so it's probably a different dynamic than what common folk have. 

You don't think Trump tries to get her involved in a 3-some like the rest of us? Ninja
(08-10-2018, 06:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You don't think Trump tries to get her involved in a 3-some like the rest of us? Ninja

You know Trump's hitting it

[Image: Melania-Trump-mom-Donald-Trump-670x552.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-10-2018, 06:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You know Trump's hitting it

[Image: Melania-Trump-mom-Donald-Trump-670x552.jpg]

If he could get his daughter involved he'd be on cloud 9 I bet .
(08-10-2018, 05:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Off topice, but do you think Trump has the same mother-in-law issues as the rest of us common folk?

I dunno, I don’t think there’s a set mother in law issue any more. There’s not a real “‘this is what a family looks like” measuring stick These days. Maybe it’s just my line of work, but a good portion of the grandmas are raising the kids and dad is either 1) out of the area working or 2) in jail.

(08-10-2018, 07:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If he could get his daughter involved he'd be on cloud 9 I bet .

Taboo: White House hustle.