Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message to MB - Will you ever go all in for the fans?
(09-20-2019, 11:12 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m all set with giving up a 1st round pick or more for Ramsey  this team has a ton holes and isn’t close to being a true competitor. With the way are defense is playing and how we’re running the ball that 1st round pick might end up being a top 5 pick. Enough with the skill positions this team needs front 7 help on defense and offensive line help. But I agree the front office needs to do more. When the boos  were raining down in a half empty  stadium against the 49ers could Mike Brown and company sit there watching thinking they did enough to help this team be competitive? When all they did was add B.W Webb and Kerry Wynn to a historically bad defense. They should be charged with Neglect not upgrading the linebacker core.

????  Not sure what you're trying to say. You want Ramsey or high draft pick to shore up a position of need?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 06:45 PM)Millhouse Wrote: It'll take more than a trade for Ramsey to get me back in PBS (as a paying fan), a lot more.

I'll say this, it will take more than a trade for Ramsey to win games.   Can Ramsey play all Offensive Line positions on the same play and then be all 11 players on Defense.   NO HE CAN'T.  The team would STILL need BLOCKING and TACKLING.  

I don't even want Bengals to trade for Ramsey, he does NOT fill Bengals greatest weaknesses needs.  He is a flash in the pan that some of you have your latest Man Crush on. 

Something the Brown Family could do to bring in more money to improve the franchise would be to let a major sponsor pay to have their name on the stadium.  Just about every other sports franchise does this.   Having it Paul Brown Stadium brings in no money.  Yet the Brown Family says they will never let it be anything but Paul Brown Stadium.  That is costing them a ton of money per season while just about every NFL team is raking in Big Bucks from the major sponsor name on their stadium.  I really don't care what the name of the stadium is, but more money coming in from a major sponsor should help this franchise and it sure wouldn't hurt.  The Brown Family wants it to be Paul Brown Stadium, but most fans could care less.  If it was Coca-Cola Stadium or Chase Bank Stadium and Bengals were getting mega bucks off the advertising, it just might help field a better team. 

This Stadium will be Paul Brown Stadium until Brown Family insist they need city or a city to build them a new stadium. Mike Brown demanded new stadium 25 years after opening of Riverfront.  Paul Brown Stadium opened around 2000, so 2025 give or take a few years Brown Family will threaten to move the team again over a new stadium.  Before they wanted to move to LA.   I'm guessing this time it might be San Diego or St Louis.  For THE FANS, I bet Brown Family already looking at other cities to move to.  The San Diego Bengals, The St Louis Bengals, The Oakland Bengals or some other city.  They will find other cities don't want a Paul Brown Stadium, and look for Brown Family to be OK with another name on stadium elsewhere.   

So selling advertising name to stadium in Cincy would bring in big bucks, helping the owners and the players and the fans, but it will never happen, not in this stadium in Cincy anyway. Maybe for this franchise somewhere else in a few years, but not in Cincy.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 11:19 AM)sandwedge Wrote: ????  Not sure what you're trying to say. You want Ramsey or high draft pick to shore up a position of need?

I don’t want Ramsey. The secondary is far from our biggest position of need. You could have Ramsey and Deion Sanders at CB and it wouldn’t matter with the way are front 7 is getting abused on the ground. Would rather shore up the front 7 on defense or the offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 11:19 AM)kevin Wrote: I'll say this, it will take more than a trade for Ramsey to win games.   Can Ramsey play all Offensive Line positions on the same play and then be all 11 players on Defense.   NO HE CAN'T.  The team would STILL need BLOCKING and TACKLING.  

I don't even want Bengals to trade for Ramsey, he does NOT fill Bengals greatest weaknesses needs.  He is a flash in the pan that some of you have your latest Man Crush on. 

Something the Brown Family could do to bring in more money to improve the franchise would be to let a major sponsor pay to have their name on the stadium.  Just about every other sports franchise does this.   Having it Paul Brown Stadium brings in no money.  Yet the Brown Family says they will never let it be anything but Paul Brown Stadium.  That is costing them a ton of money per season while just about every NFL team is raking in Big Bucks from the major sponsor name on their stadium.  I really don't care what the name of the stadium is, but more money coming in from a major sponsor should help this franchise and it sure wouldn't hurt.  The Brown Family wants it to be Paul Brown Stadium, but most fans could care less.  If it was Coca-Cola Stadium or Chase Bank Stadium and Bengals were getting mega bucks off the advertising, it just might help field a better team. 

This Stadium will be Paul Brown Stadium until Brown Family insist they need city or a city to build them a new stadium. Mike Brown demanded new stadium 25 years after opening of Riverfront.  Paul Brown Stadium opened around 2000, so 2025 give or take a few years Brown Family will threaten to move the team again over a new stadium.  Before they wanted to move to LA.   I'm guessing this time it might be San Diego or St Louis.  For THE FANS, I bet Brown Family already looking at other cities to move to.  The San Diego Bengals, The St Louis Bengals, The Oakland Bengals or some other city.  They will find other cities don't want a Paul Brown Stadium, and look for Brown Family to be OK with another name on stadium elsewhere.   

So selling advertising name to stadium in Cincy would bring in big bucks, helping the owners and the players and the fans, but it will never happen, not in this stadium in Cincy anyway. Maybe for this franchise somewhere else in a few years, but not in Cincy.
Not 100% sure selling advertisement is what pays the salary of players?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 08:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Had Dalton not broken his thumb, they might have went the distance.  The talent and chemistry was there.

It's hard to say. They started 8-0 then finished 4-4 and had that epic meltdown that they should have won.

I'd like to think they would have won with Dalton. The Steelers were without Bell too.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 12:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: TO was a has been who signed with us for peanuts. Bad comparisom

Better would have been Randy Moss in his prime versus the Pats getting him

We only passed on him in the draft...TWICE.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 11:02 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I have reservations about Ramsey. He's a malcontent, AJ and him didn't exactly exchange Christmas cards the last time they met. Yes, he'd be our best DB on the field, but we are trying to build something here without the constant drama. Writing a letter to MB, would probably be a waste of your time. Pretty sure Ramsey didn't have us in mind when he asked for a trade.

Plus after next season, you'll be paying him $20 million a year.

While a 1st Round pick would be cost controlled for 5 years.

I do like Ramsey. IF we had a really good roster and were a CB away from contending...I'd do this.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 11:02 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I have reservations about Ramsey. He's a malcontent, AJ and him didn't exactly exchange Christmas cards the last time they met. Yes, he'd be our best DB on the field, but we are trying to build something here without the constant drama. Writing a letter to MB, would probably be a waste of your time. Pretty sure Ramsey didn't have us in mind when he asked for a trade.

If so, why did the owner say, I have no issue making him the highest paid CB in the NFL yesterday????

Rich guys are normally not stupid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 01:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Plus after next season, you'll be paying him $20 million a year.

While a 1st Round pick would be cost controlled for 5 years.

I do like Ramsey. IF we had a really good roster and were a CB away from contending...I'd do this.

Name our last stud 1st round pick?????????

I can think of one, AJ Green the past 10 years so our success rate hitting a 1st round pick stinks. It is why you belly ache daily we need to sign top notch free agents dues to our draft misses.

You don't see many all ro players hit free agency that are 24 going on 25. Yes, we would have to pay him, but others will pay him so why so we refuse to jump on a risk curb.

But, the thread is about what it would take to insert some enthusiasm back into the fan base, the 5 year plan or doing same old thing will not get fans excited.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 02:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If so, why did the owner say, I have no issue making him the highest paid CB in the NFL yesterday????

Rich guys are normally not stupid.

Are you familiar with the opinions on Mike Brown around here...

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 11:19 AM)kevin Wrote: I'll say this, it will take more than a trade for Ramsey to win games.   Can Ramsey play all Offensive Line positions on the same play and then be all 11 players on Defense.   NO HE CAN'T.  The team would STILL need BLOCKING and TACKLING.  

But will having 5 DBs on the field 80% of the time lead to wins?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 01:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's hard to say. They started 8-0 then finished 4-4 and had that epic meltdown that they should have won.

I'd like to think they would have won with Dalton. The Steelers were without Bell too.

Any time a QB gets knocked out, it's a perfect opportunity for the fanbase to say they would have won it.

Even though every other time that QB finished the year, they didn't even win a playoff game, if they got that far. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 05:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Your fans have been faithful throughout the years. Here is my pitch;

I was a club season ticket holder for a very long time. My friends and family at one point held 8 seats.

Show us Mike Brown you are capable of a big move and we will call the ticket office and sign up for season tickets again. Get a trade down for Jalen Ramsey this week so he is ready to play in week 4.

If not, we will sit on the sidelines and never attend another game as long as you are in charge.

Who lives in the area and would join us? Any season tickets in any section would suffice. Would you support the move, the gesture and not maybe agree with the played involved?

The fans need to feel you will do whatever it takes to put a winning team on the field, that is not close to being a reality now.
Yes, Jalen Ramsey will look great at Offensive tackle....Wait, hold on, why we're at it, why not just get Patrick Peterson, Stephen Gilmore, and Chris Harris
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 03:57 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Yes, Jalen Ramsey will look great at Offensive tackle....Wait, hold on, why we're at it, why not just get Patrick Peterson, Stephen Gilmore, and Chris Harris

Or they  can sit on their hands and keep doing the same things making us losers for almost 30 years. And the fans can just accept it and embrace failure by this franchise.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 02:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Name our last stud 1st round pick?????????

I can think of one, AJ Green the past 10 years so our success rate hitting a 1st round pick stinks. It is why you belly ache daily we need to sign top notch free agents dues to our draft misses.

You don't see many all ro players hit free agency that are 24 going on 25. Yes, we would have to pay him, but others will pay him so why so we refuse to jump on a risk curb.

But, the thread is about what it would take to insert some enthusiasm back into the fan base, the 5 year plan or doing same old thing will not get fans excited.

I just don't think Ramsey would re-sign here. He wants to go to a winner. We're not a winner. With a CB, we still have bad LB's and a bad offensive line.

We're not 1 player away.

Honestly, for enthusiasm...the time to add players is free agency. During the season, it's hard to do that.

We seriously might have a Top 3 pick this year. This isn't the time to trade that. IF anything, I'm trading players for more draft picks before I'm trading draft picks for players. We're rebuilding.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 03:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Any time a QB gets knocked out, it's a perfect opportunity for the fanbase to say they would have won it.

Even though every other time that QB finished the year, they didn't even win a playoff game, if they got that far. 

That's a solid point. With the way that team melted down that year in the playoffs, there's no way anyone could convince me that they were a SB worthy team.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 04:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Or they  can sit on their hands and keep doing the same things making us losers for almost 30 years. And the fans can just accept it and embrace failure by this franchise.

I think we both agree that they need to do more, but free agency was that time. They did spend money, just not on upgrades.

Look they paid Dennard and he might not even play this year.

We all knew they had issues at LB and they did nothing there in free agency.

Now, you pay a kinds ransom for guys. I really like Ramsey, we just appear to be 5-6 players away as opposed to 1.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 05:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Your fans have been faithful throughout the years. Here is my pitch;

I was a club season ticket holder for a very long time. My friends and family at one point held 8 seats.

Show us Mike Brown you are capable of a big move and we will call the ticket office and sign up for season tickets again. Get a trade down for Jalen Ramsey this week so he is ready to play in week 4.

If not, we will sit on the sidelines and never attend another game as long as you are in charge.

Who lives in the area and would join us? Any season tickets in any section would suffice. Would you support the move, the gesture and not maybe agree with the played involved?

The fans need to feel you will do whatever it takes to put a winning team on the field, that is not close to being a reality now.

Hey a little advice if you want Mike brown to read something don't post it on the message board...

Just so you know and aren't wasting your time...

cause its really not a message to mike brown if it will never reach him... its just another rant.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 06:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Reread the OP.

It is a plea to show the fan base MB wants to win, Ramsey is just the vehicle.

Yeah...... Mike Brown will always put profits above winning....always. We all know this.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 04:42 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Yeah...... Mike Brown will always put profits above winning....always. We all know this.

They actually spend a sizeable amount in free agency this year...just on role players.

Now for all I know, maybe guys didn't want to come and play for the Bengals Coaches and Staff.

Let's face it, hiring your 6th choice for DC doesn't exactly make free agents say: Wow - I want to go there!

And then hiring Jim Turner as the O-Line Coach.
Reply/Quote