Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami-Trap Game
This game could end up being dangerous for us. We're coming off a highly emotional, physical game and are looking forward to the Steelers coming to town in 2 weeks.

Does this team have the emotional maturity to deal with the here and now?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Now now .. Don't be poking holes in the balloon before it's even filled up .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think I believe in the whole trap game thing. If there's one thing everybody in the NFL knows, it's any give Sunday. If the Bengals do lose to the Phins, it won't be because they didn't come out ready to play.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Theoretically, our defense should be better than yesterday if Burfict and Brown are back. Gio played great these last couple of weeks but obviously Mixon coming back improves the offense too. We haven't had much in the way of updates on Price so I figure his return is still iffy at this point.

Our run defense has been okay. They have got to do something about pass defense though, especially in the middle of the field. Some of those third-down conversions the Falcons made yesterday had me screaming. Otherwise, Tannehill doesn't particularly scare me. Certainly not as much as Matt Ryan did. But given how injury prone the Steelers games tend to be, and considering our poor track record against them in general, I'd say the Miami game is a must win.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:04 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Theoretically, our defense should be better than yesterday if Burfict and Brown are back.

Brown was playing this past Sunday.

However, the thing I'm worried about is that Miami's offense might make our defense look better than it is. I don't expect Miami to score 30+ points and I could see us actually stopping them on many 3rd downs. If that's true that is more likely because of Miami's issues than our defense finally playing up to expectations.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Honestly I don't believe in the trap game stuff. But especially not when the opponent has the same record (3-1) that we do.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Playing at home should help.
Reply/Quote
Just need to focus, i watched the Phins get slaughtered by the Pats yesterday which led to the game being turned to ours.

Their Secondary gave up lots of easy catches and the play by Patterson was just terrible. Kiko is one hell of a LB'er though
and they have good pass rushers in Quinn and Wake. Stop Lamar Miller, come on Billings you are coming around. Ninja

Drake isn't a bad RB either. Just have to stop the run and force Tannehill to throw like the Pats did. Think we can do it.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just need to focus, i watched the Phins get slaughtered by the Pats yesterday which led to the game being turned to ours.

Their Secondary gave up lots of easy catches and the play by Patterson was just terrible. Kiko is one hell of a LB'er though
and they have good pass rushers in Quinn and Wake. Stop Lamar Miller, come on Billings you are coming around. Ninja

Drake isn't a bad RB either. Just have to stop the run and force Tannehill to throw like the Pats did. Think we can do it.

Miller has been a Texan for a couple years now.  Frank Gore is their other RB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This team just has a different feel to it and I expect that to continue. I've seen Dalton fired up twice on the sidelines in the last two games. They're tired of spitting the bit !
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly I don't believe in the trap game stuff. But especially not when the opponent has the same record (3-1) that we do.

This^ especially considering their record. No way a team that is 3-1 is a trap game they look past.

I will add that I don’t buy the trap game excuse either, unless we’re talking college football where I’d say it is an actual worry
Reply/Quote
I sure hope so.

Miami was supposed to be a respite on our schedule following a Ravens Thursday night game and 2 away games vs Carolina and Atlanta on the way to playing against Pittsburgh.

Then they went and...were good and stuff...

Terrible.

Hopefully the Bengals recognize that this is a very important game (if for no other reason than tie breakers for the wild card slot) and plan accordingly.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Miami game is a "Trap Game" because the Dolphins are 3-1.

Now, the Pittsburgh game will be a "Trap Game" especially if they lose this weekend because the Bengals will be looking ahead to KC and how they might contain Mahomes.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Dolphins are 3-1 just like us, how could this be a trap game?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 10:24 AM)pally Wrote: This game could end up being dangerous for us.  We're coming off a highly emotional, physical game and are looking forward to the Steelers coming to town in 2 weeks.

Does this team have the emotional maturity to deal with the here and now?

not sure how 2 3-1 teams facing off is a trap game for anyone.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 06:17 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't think the Miami game is a "Trap Game" because the Dolphins are 3-1.

Now, the Pittsburgh game will be a "Trap Game" especially if they lose this weekend because the Bengals will be looking ahead to KC and how they might contain Mahomes.

answer keep him off the field with long offensive drives.... to limit is factor into the game and keep that Dline  and DBs Fresh.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 06:17 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't think the Miami game is a "Trap Game" because the Dolphins are 3-1.

Bengals aren't going to look past Pitt for anyone. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

I don't think it's possible to ever look past Pittsburgh for this team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
No way it is a trap game with Miami rolling into town 3-1.

Only our 2nd home game of the year which should help defense.

Yet Burfict returning is what will really help defense.

Do not see them looking ahead to a 1-3-1 steeler team either.

Believe they will take care of business in a professional manner Sunday.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Our defense is gunna show up sunday. Really wish Marvin could give us one shutout as HC. maybe he never will. Same with Super Bowls. If he cant give us a super bowl at least one shutout already. Come on.
On a sidenote, cant wait to see big ben throw 5 picks against us next week.
Reply/Quote