Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Johnson
My God. He stinks
Reply/Quote
My god

What happened to dude

Was he seriously this much of a beneficiary of great years by Geno Dunlap and our rotation lineman?
Reply/Quote
Both ends have played bad.. i have seen little out of Dunlap so far after 2 games.. MJ not looking good but outside of Smith who did look good at end.. not a good day at all for our line.. I will tell you who looked worse was Glasgow.. horrible game..... Sims played much when he was in there.. right now i put Glasgow on Practice squad and keep the veteran... also disappointed in Billings after two games also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Is basically worthless at this point. But we'll keep him and start him to honor his contract. That's the way Mikey rolls ! To hell with the results.

Hey it's something to hang your hat on  Sick

Sad but true. I guess somebody has to take Peko/Maualugas place.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Is basically worthless at this point. But we'll keep him and start him to honor his contract. That's the way Mikey rolls ! To hell with the results.

Hey it's something to hang your hat on  Sick

Outside of Smith.. no one played at a high level ... Sims and Willis was ok but that was it.. as I stated before Dunlap has had two so so  games.. Glasgow was probably the worst player on the field tonight on the line i felt... Billings no where to be found either.. Clarke.. nope.... etc

So who doe you keep ?? at this point MJ still makes the team but has reduced snaps...
Reply/Quote
On the first drive againt the 1s. When the Chiefs entered thr Bengals side of thr field Michael Johnson was moved inside and Chris Smith was at End...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I've gotten a sense that this team overall (at least the 1st team) has lost all motivation to try hard. Maybe it's just because it's preseason, but maybe it has something to do with the players not buying what Marvin is selling anymore.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Michael Johnson practices against Cedric Ogbuehi. How good can he actually be?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 12:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Michael Johnson practices against Cedric Ogbuehi.  How good can he actually be?

I thought the same thing.  Watching them practice against each other would not be very pretty. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 01:34 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Both ends have played bad.. i have seen little out of Dunlap so far after 2 games.. MJ not looking good but outside of Smith who did look good at end.. not a good day at all for our line.. I will tell you who looked worse was Glasgow.. horrible game..... Sims played much when he was in there.. right now i put Glasgow on Practice squad and keep the veteran... also disappointed in Billings after two games also.

I thought Glasgow played really well. He was disrupting and penetrating the line and blowing up the middle. The guys filling in the gaps and perusing were horrid all night. Glasgow had the off sides on a crucial down, but that stuff happens. Other than that I felt like Glasgow would blow through their O-line, the RB would be forced to change his path, and the rest of the D scrambled around while Yakity Sax play in the back ground. That's not Glasgow's fault. I actually think that kid looks like he will be a great player in the long run. I thought he would just be another fatty eating up blocks, but he is strong, quick, and was busting through the opposing team's O-line in both games. He had a high PFF grade from the first preseason game. I am curious where this one will grade out with the penalty.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 01:16 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I thought the same thing.  Watching them practice against each other would not be very pretty. 

The movable object vs the stoppable force.  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Remember when Marv said this:

Quote:But that free-agency mission hasn't gotten the Bengals a playoff win. Something needed to be tweaked to help make that finally happen.

Thus, Lewis' now prophetic words and new strategy.

"It's a different feel than where we have been," Lewis told Bengals.com and the Enquirer at the Senior Bowl. "It's not status quo. There has not been a status-quo conversation or 'Oh, we'll be OK, we'll just get these guys back.' No, no, no, that's bull. We got to be better."

"[Mike Brown] is the one leading the charge," Lewis said in January, referring to the team president's directive for a tactical change. "He's pushing people to identify players that will make us a better football team in free agency."

Free agency alone might not win the Bengals a playoff game, but this revamped approach ought to help. The Bengals promised changes, and so far, they're delivering.

...and this is the guy we signed. The big splash was bringing back a washed up average DE. So much for "new strategy". What a giant load of BS that turned out to be. Whatever
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote