Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
Although Kincaid is my favorite and top TE, at this point there is only 1 TE I would take at #28 and that's Washington. I felt that way before the draft.

I just can't see them taking a TE at #28 with such a deep class. There's going to be a better guy on the board.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 05:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Although Kincaid is my favorite and top TE, at this point there is only 1 TE I would take at #28 and that's Washington.  I felt that way before the draft.

I just can't see them taking a TE at #28 with such a deep class.  There's going to be a better guy on the board.

IMO there's not a guy with good enough blocking but also a good enough athletic profile to be as much of a receiving threat like Washington is.
Payne Durham is probably the next best blocker, but he's nowhere near as fast or athletic as Washington.
Mayer, Schoonmaker, and some others are strong enough athletically, but they aren't nearly as dominant blockers like Washington and Durham.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 05:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: IMO there's not a guy with good enough blocking but also a good enough athletic profile to be as much of a receiving threat like Washington is.
Payne Durham is probably the next best blocker, but he's nowhere near as fast or athletic as Washington.
Mayer, Schoonmaker, and some others are strong enough athletically, but they aren't nearly as dominant blockers like Washington and Durham.

Agree with that.  I think if we do go TE it would be Washington as he can first and foremost block.  That would be a major upgrade from Sample.

However, I could see us taking a receiving threat to work the middle of the field.  I like Kincaid the best for that role.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 08:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 4.74 40…… 11th among TEs…….

THANK GOD!

Let’s hope he has a bad second run too!

You do realize that these times pretty much insure that the Bengals will pass on him in round 1.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 05:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: IMO there's not a guy with good enough blocking but also a good enough athletic profile to be as much of a receiving threat like Washington is.

This is why I think they will double dip and have a Durham for traditional while taking a chance on a Whyle as well. That could be a deadly combo.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 05:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Agree with that.  I think if we do go TE it would be Washington as he can first and foremost block.  That would be a major upgrade from Sample.

However, I could see us taking a receiving threat to work the middle of the field.  I like Kincaid the best for that role.

Or Musgrave who isn't getting the love he should be lol. Dude is big long fast and so very very explosive. His 10 yard split was 1.54 that is crazy stupid explosive for a 250+.

Luke Musgrave at #28 then Brenton Strange round 5 gives them a great pair to build some 12 personnel sets. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 07:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Or Musgrave who isn't getting the love he should be lol. Dude is big long fast and so very very explosive. His 10 yard split was 1.54 that is crazy stupid explosive for a 250+.

Luke Musgrave at #28 then Brenton Strange round 5 gives them a great pair to build some 12 personnel sets. 

I just can't get on board with a TE at #28 unless something really strange happens in the first 27 picks.  It's just such a low value position with such a deep group.

I think the sweet spot for a TE for us is at 60.  There I like LaPorta.  Just can't go wrong with an Iowa TE.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 06:00 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You do realize that these times pretty much insure that the Bengals will pass on him in round 1.

Or they'll realize teams put way too much stock in the 40 and that we're lucky to have him fall to us.
Reply/Quote
Going to go out on a limb and say that Dalton Kincaid may have great receiving highlights, but I do believe that he may be a distant 4th or 5th on the Bengal's charts. Remember when we actually traded up to the 2nd round to get a blocking TE with average receiving skills (Drew Sample)? That tells me that blocking is a requisite for Zac and company in this type of offensive scheme. Many of the early national mocks and you guys with Dalton as our 1st round target were giving me anxiety. Now I think I can sleep easier at night knowing that we will take the best complete TE in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 09:22 PM)Yogo Wrote: Going to go out on a limb and say that Dalton Kincaid may have great receiving highlights, but I do believe that he may be a distant 4th or 5th on the Bengal's charts.  Remember when we actually traded up to the 2nd round to get a blocking TE with average receiving skills (Drew Sample)?  That tells me that blocking is a requisite for Zac and company in this type of offensive scheme.  Many of the early national mocks and you guys with Dalton as our 1st round target were giving me anxiety.  Now I think I can sleep easier at night knowing that we will take the best complete TE in round 2.

They traded down to take Drew Sample and I honestly think they were looking at Irv Smith Jr. who was drafted right before they took Sample.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 09:36 PM)Synric Wrote: They traded down to take Drew Sample and I honestly think they were looking at Irv Smith Jr. who was drafted right before they took Sample.

Ah!  That's correct.  But it does show that Zac and Co. does prioritize a certain skill set for a TE.  Took all of us by surprise.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 09:51 PM)Yogo Wrote: Ah!  That's correct.  But it does show that Zac and Co. does prioritize a certain skill set for a TE.  Took all of us by surprise.

Not really. Tyler Kroft was leaving in Free Agency and they used that pick to replace him. The last two first round TE's the Bengals drafted were Tyler Eifert and Jermaine Gresham both were receiving TE's coming out of college. 

Reply/Quote
Luke Musgrave is not worthy of this team's first round pick. Zero production, there will be similar TE in the 2nd, 3rd.
Reply/Quote
Schoonmaker is under the radar. No one is talking about him.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 09:51 PM)Yogo Wrote: Ah!  That's correct.  But it does show that Zac and Co. does prioritize a certain skill set for a TE.  Took all of us by surprise.

This was also their first draft. They didn't really know what they wanted that first year being so late to get the ball rolling.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 07:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Or Musgrave who isn't getting the love he should be lol. Dude is big long fast and so very very explosive. His 10 yard split was 1.54 that is crazy stupid explosive for a 250+.

Not sure Musgrave isnt way too risky for a 1st Rounder.

His best season was 304 yards. 
He had 11 catches last season, he had 36 total receptions in the 3 years before that. 

He is very athletic, not much of a blocker, hasn't shown a route tree whatsoever.  

All that said, his talent with Burrow could be a real weapon.

Reply/Quote

Musgrave is all talent, no production. But I could understand why we would take the talent, I just think we need a TE that can block 
and catch the ball while running decent routes. Darnell Washington seems to fit if we do go with a TE at 28.

I do like Strange in the mid to late rounds.
Reply/Quote
If we take a TE at 1st i want the most polished TE and that is Mayer.. he is the best overall WR/blocking TE in the group. Washington is more of a project at TE in the receiving area.. Mayer is the most proven TE that play on day 1..
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 08:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If we take a TE at 1st i want the most polished TE and that is Mayer.. he is the best overall WR/blocking TE in the group. Washington is more of a project at TE in the  receiving area..   Mayer is the most proven TE that play on day 1..

There are too many good TEs in this draft to use a 1st round pick on Mayer.  Given his subpar 40 time at the combine he may be there in the 2nd round when the Bengals pick
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 08:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If we take a TE at 1st i want the most polished TE and that is Mayer.. he is the best overall WR/blocking TE in the group. Washington is more of a project at TE in the  receiving area..   Mayer is the most proven TE that play on day 1..

Exactly. Mayer is the safest and best pick. 

He'll take our offense to another level from day 1.

(03-07-2023, 10:39 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: There are too many good TEs in this draft to use a 1st round pick on Mayer.  Given his subpar 40 time at the combine he may be there in the 2nd round when the Bengals pick

4.7 40 yard dash is .09 slower than Kelce. Teams looking for tight ends like Mayer aren't expecting him to be lightning fast.
Reply/Quote