Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(03-04-2023, 05:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Cameron Latu and Payne Durham are similar prospects they will be better receivers in the redzone than between the 20s. I like these guys as 12 personnel TEs that are your TE-Y. The Bengals definitely need a guy like that because Sample will likely be gone. But what they really need a more well rounded TE though for all of the 11 personell packages they run.

My two personal favorites are Kraft and Whyle in that order.
Reply/Quote
us drafting a TE will depend on what we do with Collins and Hurst.. If we keep Collins and Hurst signs elsewhere, i think we look hard at TE in 1st.. if we keep Hurst, cut Collins we look at tackle a bit more.. if we cut Collins and lose Hurst, whoever they have tops at their board in tackle, te and corner is who i think we pick
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 06:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: us drafting a TE will depend on what we do with Collins and Hurst.. If we keep Collins and Hurst signs elsewhere, i think we look hard at TE in 1st.. if we keep Hurst, cut Collins we look at tackle a bit more.. if we cut Collins and lose Hurst,  whoever they have tops at their board in tackle, te and corner is who i think we pick

The Bengals have met with around 7 different TE prospects including all four top 50 graded guys.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 06:45 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals have met with around 7 different TE prospects including all four top 50 graded guys.

I think we will bring back Hurst, but you have to look at upgrading over Drew Sample and this is a fantastic draft to do so.

Keep Hurst and use Wilcox as the main blocker while coaching a talented young TE sounds like a good move for the future.

As far as LC, we just cannot even think he will be able to play early in the season if at all. A Darnell Wright/Whyle start to the
draft would be pretty sweet in my eyes. We also have been looking at a ton of RB's so we might take one of them earlier than 
some expect.
Reply/Quote
4.74 40…… 11th among TEs…….

THANK GOD!

Let’s hope he has a bad second run too!
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 08:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 4.74 40…… 11th among TEs…….

THANK GOD!

Let’s hope he has a bad second run too!

Damn that's slower than I thought he would run for damn sure!!! lol

He honestly could be there now, we all know how team's put so much stock in the forty yard dash and the Combine overall.

Jelani Woods was huge and ran like 2.5 seconds faster than Mayer last year and actually had a pretty good year in Indy.

If not for Woods running that fast, he would of went way later than he was taken.
Reply/Quote
My boy is completely out of the running with his 40. Could be a late rounder (6-7). Worth taking the shot.

And with how the other TEs ran, IF we take one at 28, I don't think it'll be Mayer.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 07:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we will bring back Hurst, but you have to look at upgrading over Drew Sample and this is a fantastic draft to do so.

Keep Hurst and use Wilcox as the main blocker while coaching a talented young TE sounds like a good move for the future.

As far as LC, we just cannot even think he will be able to play early in the season if at all. A Darnell Wright/Whyle start to the
draft would be pretty sweet in my eyes. We also have been looking at a ton of RB's so we might take one of them earlier than 
some expect.

Are you advocating for Wright at #28 and Whyle at #60?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 09:16 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: My boy is completely out of the running with his 40. Could be a late rounder (6-7). Worth taking the shot.

And with how the other TEs ran, IF we take one at 28, I don't think it'll be Mayer.

Payne Durham is still a really good TE prospect 4.8ish is what he was expected to run. His value is as a TE-Y on a team that runs a ton of 12 personnel. As a receiver he will be at his best in the redzone and short yardage 3rd downs with his size length hands and body control... but he was always going to be a mid to late day 3 guy.

Sam LaPorta is having a really nice day...besides the sled lol. My TE/H-Back/FB guy Brenton Strange is looking good.

Edit: Forgot Josh Whyle who is also looking really good.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 09:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Payne Durham is still a really good TE prospect 4.8ish is what he was expected to run. His value is as a TE-Y on a team that runs a ton of 12 personnel. As a receiver he will be at his best in the redzone and short yardage 3rd downs with his size length hands and body control... but he was always going to be a mid to late day 3 guy.

Sam LaPorta is having a really nice day...besides the sled lol. My TE/H-Back/FB guy Brenton Strange is looking good.

Edit: Forgot Josh Whyle who is also looking really good.

Right, for a bit there, I was thinking Payne may raise to mid 4. Now looking like he may be available in 5/6 due to the talent in this class.

Kraft/Durham wouldn't be a terrible TE combo if we took 2 however.
Reply/Quote
I really hope we don't use our 1st rounder on a TE when we have way more pressing needs (like OL). There is a lot to like about the top 4 TEs Kincaid, Mayer, Washington, and Musgrave. I'd be estatic if we had one of them just fall to us in the 2nd round. They all seem to have flaws, Mayer's speed, Kincaid's blocking, Washington's receiving, Musgrave's production.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 09:16 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Are you advocating for Wright at #28 and Whyle at #60?

Wright at 28 for sure. Whyle in the 3rd is more like it for me at this point, we will see how the Combine goes and things shake out.

Too damn early for projections at least for me, all I know is I love what I see of Darnell Wright and should fit perfectly at RT for us.

Where do you project Whyle?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 09:33 PM)Yogo Wrote: I really hope we don't use our 1st rounder on a TE when we have way more pressing needs (like OL).  There is a lot to like about the top 4 TEs Kincaid, Mayer, Washington, and Musgrave.  I'd be estatic if we had one of them just fall to us in the 2nd round.  They all seem to have flaws, Mayer's speed, Kincaid's blocking, Washington's receiving, Musgrave's production.

Feel the same, we need a couple RT's, one in FA and one hopefully in the 1st like Darnell Wright Tennessee. Like you said, all the TE's 
have flaws, there isn't one Gronk in this class and we see that now. I do think it is a good TE class, but we have bigger needs and would
even take a 3-tech like Bresee over any of these TE's.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 09:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wright at 28 for sure. Whyle in the 3rd is more like it for me at this point, we will see how the Combine goes and things shake out.

Too damn early for projections at least for me, all I know is I love what I see of Darnell Wright and should fit perfectly at RT for us.

Where do you project Whyle?

Well I think #28 is far too high for Wright. I believe you are reaching for a player with that selection rather than taking the best player on the board. There are MANY prospects that should be on the board at #28 that I would take before I took Wright at that point.

I would feel safer with Whyle in the 4th. If I am taking a TE in the 3rd then it would probably be Kraft that I would be targeting as I feel he is a really good all around TE that compares to another S. Dakota St. TE ...Dallas Goedert.
Reply/Quote
Mayer this year year feels like how I locked on Sewell a few years ago. As the draft approached I was firmly on team chase. I hope we don’t draft Mayer, or any other te for that matter, in rd 1. There seems to be lots of depth at this position for the later rounds. I’d rather get ol, cb or some other impact player that falls to us at 28.

As a Bearcat fan I’d like whyle later, or Kraft in 3-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Well, I think watching these TEs do the individual drills I have shifted my favorites just a bit. Here is how I see them at this point per round and order per round:

Round 1:

1) Darnell Washington - I believe he showed that Ga. should have targeted him more. Complete TE.
2) Luke Musgrave - Several other players would have to be off the board for me to take him at 28. Feel he still needs to get stronger.
3) Michael Mayer - If we could trade down and he was available. Safe selection.

Round 2:

1) Tucker Kraft - I think he is one of the most complete TEs in the draft and will be a year 1 factor.
2) Michael Mayer - If he was still here absolutely

Round 3:

1) Tucker Kraft - if he is here I could not get the selection in fast enough
2) Josh Whyle - If corner and OT have been addressed in rounds 1 and 2.

Round 4:

1) Josh Whyle - Really good value if he is available here
2) Luke Schoonmaker

Round 5:

1) Cameron Latu - I really would have liked to have seen run drills with the others.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 09:59 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Mayer this year year feels like how I locked on Sewell a few years ago.  As the draft approached I was firmly on team chase.  I hope we don’t draft Mayer, or any other te for that matter, in rd 1.  There seems to be lots of depth at this position for the later rounds.  I’d rather get ol, cb or some other impact player that falls to us at 28.

As a Bearcat fan I’d like whyle later, or Kraft in 3-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope they take the best player on their board. CB, TE, DL, IOL, or even RB could be that guy at 28...

Reply/Quote
Just hope Musgrave's comp is not Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 09:46 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Well I think #28 is far too high for Wright. I believe you are reaching for a player with that selection rather than taking the best player on the board. There are MANY prospects that should be on the board at #28 that I would take before I took Wright at that point.

I would feel safer with Whyle in the 4th. If I am taking a TE in the 3rd then it would probably be Kraft that I would be targeting as I feel he is a really good all around TE that compares to another S. Dakota St. TE ...Dallas Goedert.

Thanks OSUfan, as you and I always have a blast come Draft time. So far from what I have been watching of the RT's, Darnell Wright 
is by far the best RT that fits our Gap scheme that I have seen. I can understand going BPA but we don't know our FA right now. If we
are fine with Jackson Carman at RT like Pollack hinted we might be in big trouble. I think Wright is the best plug and play RT in the draft.

All depends on FA as usual, I don't expect big moves like grabbing McGlinchey for RT or anything. This is our biggest need on the team 
with La'el Collins most likely not even going to be decent for at least half our 2023 season...

Need to check out your boy Kraft.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 07:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we will bring back Hurst, but you have to look at upgrading over Drew Sample and this is a fantastic draft to do so.

some expect.

I think Hurst is gone, he is not worth what others are going to offer it is feeling like CJ from last year.
Reply/Quote