Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Silver: Numerous assistants being let go strongly suggests outside candidate
(01-10-2019, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All good coaches and if the new HC likes them he has some common sense. Thas right!

Those are guys I'd keep around.....except for maybe Simmons.  That's not because I don't like him as a ST coach, it's due to the tenure associated.  It seems we're seeing guys with extended tenures released thus far.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 04:52 PM)Takedown Wrote: Unless that (most likely fake) rumor about Gregg Williams interviewing twice is true, then its between E.B. and Taylor. Cool

It's Bieniemy

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:00 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: It's Bieniemy

Seems most likely yeah
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 04:45 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I am slowly but surely allowing myself to be excited.

For Gods sake man! Put your hands back in your pockets and wipe that grin off your face.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 04:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Is it possible that Greg Williams will be DC in Cincinnati?
Bieniemy head coach
Taylor OC...

Guess it could be and would be ecstatic with it...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 04:58 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Those are guys I'd keep around.....except for maybe Simmons.  That's not because I don't like him as a ST coach, it's due to the tenure associated.  It seems we're seeing guys with extended tenures released thus far.

Same, nothing against Simmons, like i said he is a good coach, he has just been here so long. But if the new HC likes him he knows who are good coaches and who are not. I always liked how Simmons would get hot headed on the sidelines unlike most of our other coaches besides Zim.
Reply/Quote
I am in shock! Shocked

The Front Office is making sweeping changes! Holy crap!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, nothing against Simmons, like i said he is a good coach, he has just been here so long. But if the new HC likes him he knows who are good coaches and who are not. I always liked how Simmons would get hot headed on the sidelines unlike most of our other coaches besides Zim.

100% agree Nate.....he is a good ST coach.  I certainly couldn't blame the new guy if he keeps him.

(01-10-2019, 05:06 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am in shock!   Shocked

The Front Office is making sweeping changes!  Holy crap!

They've been on this trajectory since the offseason this year.  It's quite odd to see.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 04:52 PM)Takedown Wrote: Unless that (most likely fake) rumor about Gregg Williams interviewing twice is true, then its between E.B. and Taylor. Cool

didn't say they interviewed him for the HC spot and we wouldn't have to wait if he was the guy
Reply/Quote
Not sure Williams would be a good fit here. I mean, yeah, he would definitely bring discipline to a defense in bad need to get back to fundamentalsn but his resume is not the greatest for the position if someone better is available.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: 100% agree Nate.....he is a good ST coach.  I certainly couldn't blame the new guy if he keeps him.

They've been on this trajectory since the offseason this year.  It's quite odd to see.

I will literally run outside naked in this cold  Mooning
if the announcement comes out in the coming weeks that Mike Brown is stepping down!
I do Believe these sweeping changes has Katie's fingerprints and it is a great sign!
Today, is a good day to be a Bengal fan!
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Is taylor a clear cut over waltron?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I will literally run outside naked in this cold  Mooning
if the announcement comes out in the coming weeks that Mike Brown is stepping down!
I do Believe these sweeping changes has Katie's fingerprints and it is a great sign!

does it matter who is making these changes as long as they are happening?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 04:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

I would rather keep as few as possible, but I guess that thing about beggars and choosers might apply here.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: didn't say they interviewed him for the HC spot and we wouldn't have to wait if he was the guy

Agreed, it would be for the DC if anything with Greg...

(01-10-2019, 05:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not sure Williams would be a good fit here. I mean, yeah, he would definitely bring discipline to a defense in bad need to get back to fundamentalsn but his resume is not the greatest for the position if someone better is available.

I don't like his history Harley but it sure wouldn't bother me if we were taking Steelers out all the time and it would blow Mayfield's mind if he had to face Greg Williams Defense twice a year. Think Greg would be better than Joseph at DC. Think Vance is a good Secondary coach and that is about it.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I will literally run outside naked in this cold  Mooning

Indeed my good man!  I wondered aloud this offseason on some threads what they had done with Mikey....lol.  I think it's evident the younger generation is calling the shots these days.  They gave Marvin one more shot, added some pieces and new coaches, drafted him a C in round 1, and a dandy of a safety.  He still came up short.  So, out he went, along with some assistants.  The fresh air smells mighty fine.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:15 PM)HuDey Wrote: I would rather keep as few as possible, but I guess that thing about beggars and choosers might apply here.

The coaches that are said to be remaining are good coaches, they just need to get rid of all the coaches on Defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 04:43 PM)McC Wrote: Haslett gone too.  And i know how happy that'll make you, Nate.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7707670]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: does it matter who is making these changes as long as they are happening?

It sort of does to me.  Because after struggling to survive as a Bengal fan under Mike Brown, it feels like emancipation from the death grip of status quo.  It also means that Katie has a different approach and more power.  Gives me HOPE! Pray
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:15 PM)HuDey Wrote: I would rather keep as few as possible, but I guess that thing about beggars and choosers might apply here.

I agree....and the ones I'd keep would be the newest additions.  That said, it seems the new HC has picked who he wants to keep, and who he doesn't.  I'm on board. :andy:

Reply/Quote