Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Silver: Numerous assistants being let go strongly suggests outside candidate
Richard Riddick!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: I linked an article in a thread I posted that stated that all of the candidates interviewed said, Troy, Katie, Paul, and Duke were the only ones present during the discussion.  Mike was nowhere to be seen. 

Freakout
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:35 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I have been asking for this- new head coach who keeps/brings in who he wants- since the day after the 2015 meltdown against Steelers.

If The Bengals actually do what it appears they are doing, we need to all get back on board.

It is not going to turn this team around next year because we no longer have an elite roster but it means they are seriously trying.

Right on '67, I have no complaints, and I'm willing to be patient.....just not 16 years of patience this time. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:52 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Freakout

Here ya go doc......discussed in detail.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-After-years-of-speculation-seems-us-dumb-message-board-fans-were-on-to-something

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Here ya go doc......discussed in detail.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-After-years-of-speculation-seems-us-dumb-message-board-fans-were-on-to-something

I always suspected this but I guess the unholy alliance between Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis mitigated against the perspective that change was taking place.  

I think with Lewis gone, the vision of the "NEW" front office establishment is clearer to the fans.  This is a good thing, as the transparency of change will give fans excitement, hope, and eventually lead to increased ticket sales!  

This is the most excitement I have had as a Bengal fan for nearly 30 years of Mike Brown oppression!  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 06:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I always suspected this but I guess the unholy alliance between Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis mitigated against the perspective that change was taking place.  

I think with Lewis gone, the vision of the "NEW" front office establishment is clearer to the fans.  This is a good thing, as the transparency of change will give fans excitement, hope, and eventually lead to increased ticket sales!  

This is the most excitement I have had as a Bengal fan for nearly 30 years of Mike Brown oppression!  

You and me both brother, you and me both.  I initially had little faith that things were changing in the FO, because, like you said....Merv, but when they shitcanned Piano Man during the offseason, made some other coaching moves, parlayed their 1st round pick into a center and left tackle, signed a good player at LB in Preston Brown (injuries this season notwithstanding), got Bates and Hubbard in one offseason......I started taking notice.  These were far from Mike Brown's normal ways.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 06:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I always suspected this but I guess the unholy alliance between Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis mitigated against the perspective that change was taking place.  

Yes, we now know we will have a shot at a Playoff win and more.

Wasn't going to happen under Marv and we all knew it.

Eric B seems like the next HC and it is a good pick, he is the opposite of Marv. He is younger, aggressive, loves being creative and stays ahead of the game. These are the things he lives for as a coach. Very good communicator which is what we need and we might even see him pump up the players which Marv never seemed to be able to do.

(01-10-2019, 06:12 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You and me both brother, you and me both.  I initially had little faith that things were changing in the FO, because, like you said....Merv, but when they shitcanned Piano Man during the offseason, made some other coaching moves, parlayed their 1st round pick into a center and left tackle, signed a good player at LB in Preston Brown (injuries this season notwithstanding), got Bates and Hubbard in one offseason......I started taking notice.  These were far from Mike Brown's normal ways.

It was pretty obvious and now all this where we are releasing our bad assistants lends even more credit to the fact Mikey is not involved. I really think we have most of the players for a good coach to work with. All we have to do is solidify the O-line and with Pollack staying which it looks like he can coach them up. Then get a good LB coach and some talented speedy tackling LB's and we are tough.

Things are really looking up. No more reasons to look towards Marv's or Mikey's history. The future is now.
Reply/Quote
Well, Katie does have Paul’s blood in her, but was raised by Mike. Let’s cling on hopes that the aggressiveness for winning was a generational skip thingy. As a matter of fact, let’s hope she cements the legacy of the Brown family (like tearing down the Empire State Building with a hammer and a chisel) and sets the precedence of women in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 06:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: You and me both brother, you and me both.  I initially had little faith that things were changing in the FO, because, like you said....Merv, but when they shitcanned Piano Man during the offseason, made some other coaching moves, parlayed their 1st round pick into a center and left tackle, signed a good player at LB in Preston Brown (injuries this season notwithstanding), got Bates and Hubbard in one offseason......I started taking notice.  These were far from Mike Brown's normal ways.

Maybe keeping Merv after last season was Mikey's last move, one that failed him utterly.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The coaches that are said to be remaining are good coaches, they just need to get rid of all the coaches on Defense.

As long as Hue and Lazor hit the door (in addition to defensive staff), I think it will be ok.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:22 AM)HuDey Wrote: As long as Hue and Lazor hit the door (in addition to defensive staff), I think it will be ok.

I think Hugh needs termed immediately just to calm fears from the fan base.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 08:44 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think Hugh needs termed immediately just to calm fears from the fan base.

Unless by terminated, you mean killed, he doesn't need to be let go.  He is without a contract.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 09:48 AM)McC Wrote: Unless by terminated, you mean killed, he doesn't need to be let go.  He is without a contract.

I find satisfaction from this.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:22 AM)HuDey Wrote: As long as Hue and Lazor hit the door (in addition to defensive staff), I think it will be ok.

I agree, the rest of the coaches are good coaches. Nice seeing that the new HC thinks so too as the assistants that are being let go are the bad ones. The new HC has common sense whether it is Taylor or Eric B.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 06:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: You and me both brother, you and me both.  I initially had little faith that things were changing in the FO, because, like you said....Merv, but when they shitcanned Piano Man during the offseason, made some other coaching moves, parlayed their 1st round pick into a center and left tackle, signed a good player at LB in Preston Brown (injuries this season notwithstanding), got Bates and Hubbard in one offseason......I started taking notice.  These were far from Mike Brown's normal ways.

Honestly, we even average management and coaching we should expect to win 5-7 playoff games over 20 years.

Think about that!
Reply/Quote
At least the koolaid sold in PBS is the homemade variety.. None of that mass produced stuff for Bengals fans!

[Image: IMG_2732.CR2_.jpg]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote