Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan dentist sued for music choices
(01-19-2016, 06:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Go back and read what I wrote.

Even if an employer does not "force his beliefs" on anyone that does not mean he is not subject to discriminating against employees based on their religious beliefs.  When a boss is trying to decide who to give a promotion is he going to give it to his "normal" Christian employee, or the sinner who refuses to pray and accept the glory of Jesus?  Or maybe one of those Jews who rejected Jesus and killed him?  Or the Muslim who has been duped by a false prophet?

Although its possible, its a reach. That business wouldn't last long. Any employer that knows anything about operating a successful business knows you give raises and promotions based on merit, not ones religious beliefs.
Plus if the employer was a true Christian he would treat everyone fairly.
(01-19-2016, 06:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When you claimed that Christians like yourself would never discriminate against homosexuals.

If you disapprove of their actions because your god tells you it is wrong then they are subject to be discriminated against by you.  You judge them to be wrong while you and the people who agree with you are right.  That was my point. The fact that you quibble over the extent of their punishment is irrelevant to my point.

I don't judge anyone. You said Christians think homosexuals should go to hell for eternity. I am a Christian and say it is not up to me what should happen to their soul. Yet you have the audacity to tell me that is what I and other Christians believe. How they hell would you know? You are not a Christian.

As they say: the quickest way to get an atheist to tell you about God, is to tell them they don't know God. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-19-2016, 08:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Reason I ask is because there are many girls from the Ukraine who try to get here via a work permit.   Most try as an au pair.    So it would not surprise me at all if some were taken advantage.

How long due you have to have that sig?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(01-19-2016, 06:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Go back and read what I wrote.

Even if an employer does not "force his beliefs" on anyone that does not mean he is not subject to discriminating against employees based on their religious beliefs.  When a boss is trying to decide who to give a promotion is he going to give it to his "normal" Christian employee, or the sinner who refuses to pray and accept the glory of Jesus?  Or maybe one of those Jews who rejected Jesus and killed him?  Or the Muslim who has been duped by a false prophet?

Of course there are going to be idiots in business; however, they usually don't last very long.

Are you trying to tell me the inverse never happens? You don't think there are cases of the sinner going out clubbing, chasing women with the boss might get a little nudge up the old cooperate ladder over the Christian that disagrees with their lifestyle and goes home every night?

Contrary to your belief one does not have to be a Christian to discriminate. 

(01-19-2016, 09:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't judge anyone. You said Christians think homosexuals should go to hell for eternity. I am a Christian and say it is not up to me what should happen to their soul. Yet you have the audacity to tell me that is what I and other Christians believe. How they hell would you know? You are not a Christian.

As they say: the quickest way to get an atheist to tell you about God, is to tell them they don't know God. 

Wait.  I don't think the insinuation was that it was up to you (bfine) where their soul goes, that is ridiculous.  Thought is was that christians generally think they will go to hell because that is what god says happen to homosexuals.  That is obviously the predominant message disseminated thus far.  Did something change? 
(01-19-2016, 09:49 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Wait.  I don't think the insinuation was that it was up to you (bfine) where their soul goes, that is ridiculous.  Thought is was that christians generally think they will go to hell because that is what god says happen to homosexuals.  That is obviously the predominant message disseminated thus far.  Did something change? 

Nothing has ever changed, He said Christians think homosexuals should go to hell for eternity (aka judge). If a homosexual accepts Christ and believes in his/her heart that there is a God a Christian thinks that person will enter the kingdom of heaven. As a Christian it is your duty to strive to walk in the light, but not all succeed; yet, God knows what is in your heart.

You guys do realize there are homosexual Christians don't you?

(01-19-2016, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nothing has ever changed, He said Christians think homosexuals should go to hell for eternity (aka judge). If a homosexual accepts Christ and believes in his/her heart that there is a God a Christian thinks that person will enter the kingdom of heaven. As a Christian it is your duty to strive to walk in the light, but not all succeed; yet, God knows what is in your heart.

Yep.  My cousin is one.

Catholic church basically ran him out because they loved what services he provided with the choir...but would not accept that he had a boyfriend.  It was a damn shame.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-19-2016, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nothing has ever changed, He said Christians think homosexuals should go to hell for eternity (aka judge). If a homosexual accepts Christ and believes in his/her heart that there is a God a Christian thinks that person will enter the kingdom of heaven. As a Christian it is your duty to strive to walk in the light, but not all succeed; yet, God knows what is in your heart.

Good explanation of your interpretation, appreciate that.  I do realize there are homosexual christians, because there are homosexual everyone's.  You do realize the common talking points about homosexuality within religion in general have not been nearly as progressive as what you've illuminated here, right?  
(01-19-2016, 09:35 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: How long due you have to have that sig?

Draft.
(01-19-2016, 10:05 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Good explanation of your interpretation, appreciate that.  I do realize there are homosexual christians, because there are homosexual everyone's.  You do realize the common talking points about homosexuality within religion in general have not been nearly as progressive as what you've illuminated here, right?  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordination_of_LGBT_Christian_clergy
(01-19-2016, 09:35 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: How long due you have to have that sig?

Why due ewe care?
(01-19-2016, 11:15 PM)Vlad Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordination_of_LGBT_Christian_clergy

and...

Quote:While most Christian churches still ban the ordination of LGBT clergy because they view homosexuality and identifying astransgender as incompatible with Biblical teaching and traditional Christian practice
(01-19-2016, 11:27 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: and...

So?

It has still become far more progressive than you gave it credit for.
(01-19-2016, 11:27 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: and...

Why I am so fond of the ELCA.
(01-19-2016, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If a homosexual accepts Christ and believes in his/her heart that there is a God a Christian thinks that person will enter the kingdom of heaven.

Seems like a favorable judgment.  What do you believe happens if a homosexual doesn't accept Christ? Would it be the opposite of heaven? 
(01-19-2016, 11:33 PM)Vlad Wrote: So?

It has still become far more progressive than you gave  it credit for.

Could have fooled me considering how much push back there has always been against gay marriage.
(01-19-2016, 09:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't judge anyone. You said Christians think homosexuals should go to hell for eternity. I am a Christian and say it is not up to me what should happen to their soul. Yet you have the audacity to tell me that is what I and other Christians believe. How they hell would you know? You are not a Christian.

I can make that assumption because that is exactly what your religion teaches.  

And you do judge people.  You have admitted that if you had a chance to vote you would oppose same sex marriage.  And you have posted scripture to back up your choice.  You compare homosexuality to beastiality and pedophilia. So if you would vote to deny them equal protection under the law and consider their lifestyle an abomination why would I not assume that you would discriminate against them in other way.  
(01-19-2016, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You guys do realize there are homosexual Christians don't you?

You do realize that the single largest group opposing equal protection under the law for homosexuals in this country are Christians, don't you?

They spent millions of dollars to fight it in elections.

When the Supreme Court ruled in favor of same sex marriage Christians all over the country lost their shit.

There is no way possible that any person who has been awake over the last year would not think that Christian values conflict with homosexuality and that Christian promote discriminating against homosexuals by trying to deny them equal protection under the law.