Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan dentist sued for music choices
I have no problem with the music, but forced prayer sessions seem like a problem.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
WOW talk about there being two sides to every story. . . .check out these details that no one has mentioned

http://www.oxfordleader.com/Articles-News-c-2015-08-05-259153.113121-sub-Dentist-office-loses-employees-after-Prophet-steps-in.html

Craig Stasio joked there are no "cult fees" to be part of his religious "fellowship."

That is just one of the rumors that Stasio dispelled after a post in the Lake Orion Chat Room Facebook group—prompting over 140 related comments—asserted he had taken over a dentist office in Lake Orion.

The Centerline resident , who had been put under the spotlight in March 2014 by Fox 2 News investigators for allegedly running a religious cult through his medical practices, said he had spent two days at the Lake Orion dentist office as a consultant to the owner by her request.

A Facebook post to The Lake Orion Chat Room dated July 17 read that a few changes had come to a local dentist office, including "Craig Stasio the Cult Chiropractor doctor" who "came in last week with a whole new crew from his ministry to work in the office."

The dentist practice, Tina M. Marshall, DDS,

Stasio's work for Marshall apparently ended in the firing of two employees, and a couple others resigning from the practice.

According to previous patient coordinator Sara Bambard, only one of Tina Marshall's original nine employees still works at the office as a dental hygienist, and ministry members had filled the rest. Bambard was promoted to Office Manager before she quit the practice, after confirming she had difficulty telling fellow employees they were being fired.

"Within the two weeks that I was still there everybody besides Janice or Pepper were either forced to leave or was fired.

There is even more. The Dentist and her husband are membres of Stasio's "group, and there 26 year old daughter lives at his compound. When they fired all of her staff and filled the positions with members of Stasio's "group" they had to close down the business to trai Some of the employees that were forced out had been working there for 30 years.

One red flag for me when I first read this story was that it was not just one disgruntled employee. When a group are all making the same claims i give them a little more credibility. However i had no idea that the entire staff had been "purged" to make room for the followers of Stasio.
That's what I want is to go to a dentist office staffed with friends.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-18-2016, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WOW talk about there being two sides to every story.  .  .  .check out these details that no one has mentioned
Isn't that just more of the same side of the story?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-18-2016, 04:18 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm pretty sure everyone, myself included, has cited the music as a non-issue on it's own.  It's the mandatory payer meetings that seem to trouble us.  Why are you ignoring that?

I understand, my four year old nephew struggles with reading as well.

How is your nephew with knowing the difference between its and it's?

Don't start none, won't be none. 

(01-18-2016, 01:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How is your nephew with knowing the difference between its and it's?

I am sure like everyone else here his ability to understand simple English was not destroyed by the misuse of an apostrophe.

I feel sorry for people who have that much trouble with reading comprehension.  But usually you will see that these people are just running away from a logical analysis or discussion and trying to hide behind a grammatical mistake because they really have no answer to the real question. 
(01-18-2016, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am sure like everyone else here his ability to understand simple English was not destroyed by the misuse of an apostrophe.

I feel sorry for people who have that much trouble with reading comprehension.  But usually you will see that these people are just running away from a logical analysis or discussion and trying to hide behind a grammatical mistake because they really have no answer to the real question. 

No doubt; I should have been more mature and just insulted his reading comprehension. 

(01-18-2016, 01:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How is your nephew with knowing the difference between its and it's?

Don't start none, won't be none. 

Hahaha, nothing like falling back on grammar smack when you're getting your ass kicked.  I'll own it, I was rather inebriated last night.

But enough about me.
(01-18-2016, 02:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I was at work the other day and my boss played George Micheal. I think he's trying to push his giving blow jobs in a public bathroom views on me.

I feel emotionally raped.......

What the hell have we become?

[Image: 220px-GeorgeMichaelFaithAlbumcover.jpg]

I don't remember any songs about bathroom blowjobs, but you might be able to sue on religious grounds.

Mellow
(01-18-2016, 04:00 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Does George Michael's music advocate giving blow jobs in a public bathroom?  Oh, I get it, you're equating the singer's real life actions to his music.  This is why Johnny Cash spent his life in prison for killing a man so he could watch him die.

Bad reference, the only time Johnny Cash spent time in prison was playing music. I'd probably went with David Allan Coe who not only has written about prison, but has spent time there; in Ohio no less.
(01-18-2016, 01:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt; I should have been more mature and just insulted his reading comprehension. 

Or you could have addressed what he said instead of running and trying to hide behind a grammatical mistake.
(01-18-2016, 03:54 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Bad reference, the only time Johnny Cash spent time in prison was playing music. I'd probably went with David Allan Coe who not only has written about prison, but has spent time there; in Ohio no less.

I think you missed the point of my post entirely, dude.
(01-17-2016, 12:17 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Is that a morning prayer? If so its not a big deal.

You can't force someone to pray or acknowledge God. But if you have a morning meeting started with a prayer that's reasonable, especially since you can just stand there.

it is if you are forced into it... if they are taknig time out of the day to have everyone prey its a problem..

You can pray at home on your break in your head any time there is ZERO reasons to make everyone else join you.
(01-17-2016, 01:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nah, not at all.  except the fact that you are violating your employees rights by forcing them to participate in it.  I'm sure you'd have the same reaction if the dentist was muslim and broke out prayer mats for everyone before the morning meeting.

No I would stand there and be quiet while they did their prayer.

It's not like a prayer takes any time ....
(01-18-2016, 06:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: it is if you are forced into it... if they are taknig time out of the day to have everyone prey its a problem..

You can pray at home on your break in your head any time there is ZERO reasons to make everyone else join you.

We pray in my office before our meeting. I don't care if anyone participates or not but we always pray for health and well being of each other and loved ones.

Obviously there is no Lucie cult lol. If I was an employee and had a cult type guy as my boss I would probably just get another job.
(01-18-2016, 06:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think you missed the point of my post entirely, dude.

Seems contagious.

(01-18-2016, 10:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We pray in my office before our meeting.   I don't care if anyone participates or not but we always pray for health and well being of each other and loved ones.  

Obviously there is no Lucie cult lol.   If I was an employee and had a cult type guy as my boss I would probably just get another job.

A few serious questions:

If they don't want to pray to they have to be in the room?

If they choose to NOT stand there and be quiet and say talk to another person is there repercussions?

Do you let different people lead the prayers so, say if one want to pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster for health it would be OK?

If they tell you they don't believe in prayer is there any kind of repercussion?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-18-2016, 11:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: A few serious questions:

If they don't want to pray to they have to be in the room?

If they choose to NOT stand there and be quiet and say talk to another person is there repercussions?

Do you let different people lead the prayers so, say if one want to pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster for health it would be OK?

If they tell you they don't believe in prayer is there any kind of repercussion?

Repercussions? Like what? Other than thinking they are being a rude jerk to anyone participating.

I have never had anyone who works for me tell me they don't believe in prayer or God. I don't make a point to railroad People about God, they are responsible for their own salvation.

As far as letting others lead.... If they asked I wouldn't have an issue but in the same breath they will be respectful of the moment and others. My assistant has lead before when my voice is not right. She is younger and handles it just fine.

As far as leaving the room.... The prayer takes a couple minutes if that.... No one leaves or even makes an issue of it.

Now I will say that if one of them asked me to stop I would not. I would just tell them they can feel free to stay in silence during that portion and respect others as we will respect their preference to not participate.
(01-19-2016, 12:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Repercussions?   Like what?  Other than thinking they are being a rude jerk to anyone participating.  

I have never had anyone who works for me  tell me they don't believe in prayer or God.  I don't make a point to railroad People about God, they are responsible for their own salvation.  

As far as letting others lead....  If they asked I wouldn't have an issue but in the same breath they will be respectful of the moment and others.    My assistant has lead before when my voice is not right.    She is younger and handles it just fine.  

As far as leaving the room.... The prayer takes a couple minutes if that.... No one leaves or even makes an issue of it.  

Now I will say that if one of them asked me to stop I would not.   I would just tell them they can feel free to stay in silence during that portion and respect others as we will respect their preference to not participate.

So if they want to step out or check their phone you'd be OK with that?

Also, and sorry if this has been mentioned, are you a faith based business of is this just because of your own personal beliefs?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-18-2016, 10:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No I would stand there and be quiet while they did their prayer.    

It's not like a prayer takes any time ....

No, no, small fry, they were forced to participate.  Did that escape you?
(01-18-2016, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems contagious.

Enough about you.