Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike Brown Speaks
(03-30-2017, 02:40 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This is the pure definition of enabling. I don't care if MB is going to change or not, but I will constantly voice my displeasure with how it's ran because, well, I have that right as a consumer. Why do you think social media and the media in general have such a huge impact in the world today? People want to voice their opinion on the matter. People want to be heard. If you sit down and shut up, then how's it ever going to change? 

And how has years of complaining changed it? Hey, you're free to complain all you want. if you think that is making a difference though you are fooling yourself. Brown is old and set in his ways. He's not going to change.... 
Reply/Quote
People always talk about Mike having a huge heart or being a great person. You know...he could put winning above all else and still be a great person. I've heard only great things about Robert Kraft, but apparently he knows how to be a great person to the people he knows, while simultaneously caring about his fans and placing winning first. Btw, if Mike cares so much about people, why doesn't he employ more of them? I guess he's running out of family members?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 04:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yep. He said in the article Marvin is coming over for dinner at his house later. 

I mean, how on earth are you supposed to fire someone who is under performing that is your best friend? Lets face it, Marvin is here to stay as long as he wants. 

You also have to look at how horrible the team was during the 90's before Marvin came to Cincinnati.  The Bengals were dreadful and Lewis has been able to coach them to the playoffs on a somewhat regular basis.  Mike proyally thinks that if ML leaves it will go back to those days.  Mediocrity is a step up from finishing 3-13 or 2-14 year after year.  Marvin is the best coach he's had in some time.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 05:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He is a good person...

Hes not a great GM.. But he is a good person

This.  As a person we could use a lot more Mike Browns in the world.  From a business standpoint though it IS a weakness in the cut throat world of professional football.
Reply/Quote