Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown-We want to help Joe
(02-20-2022, 05:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think that's more of an organizational thing.

How many times have the Bengals traded picks away?

Especially since the rookie wage scale made draft pick contracts so affordable.

Don’t know about the organization but the person that told me Zac hates to trade picks WOULD KNOW BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 05:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think that's more of an organizational thing.

How many times have the Bengals traded picks away?

Especially since the rookie wage scale made draft pick contracts so affordable.

Yep. Thus why they draft Carman in the 2nd instead of signing a Thuney. Plus, Carman is from here so he'd likely stick around when his contract is up...unlike Zeitler.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 05:34 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Don’t know about the organization but the person that told me Zac hates to trade picks WOULD KNOW BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT.

Coaches often mirror their employers philosophies.

If they didn't, they probably wouldn't be employed very long.

(02-20-2022, 05:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Thus why they draft Carman in the 2nd instead of signing a Thuney. Plus, Carman is from here so he'd likely stick around when his contract is up...unlike Zeitler.

It all traces back to their stance on guaranteed money. They want guys who are likely to stick around with that type of contract. It's also why they rarely catch big fish in free agency. That needs to change.

If not, we'll have to hope Burrow and the lure of a Super Bowl can bring in some guys we normally couldn't attain.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 05:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I could live with this Spain still has me uneasy

Spain cannot be perfect. Overall he was a top LG this year. Keep him around is my say.

(02-19-2022, 06:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Gosh Moses and his PFF rank among tackles is #40 and worse than Reiff. Norwell is #42 in guards in his PFF rankings. Hopkins also ranked higher than Daniels. Again I look for them to go get a top center like Bozeman or Jensen. Resign Reiff and Spain. Draft at #31 a tackle and maybe pick up a mid priced guard. Possibly move Hopkins to guard

This is why PFF is BS man, I watch these guys hold up against great players on the DL and they have worse grades than
our guys who completely failed in the big games against the Titans and Rams. I take Norwell and Carman every day over
Adeniji. Reiff has a bad ankle and is older than Moses and Hopkins is a bad Guard, he is better at Center for some reason.

James Daniels is a better Center than Trey Hopkins, just the truth. I don't care about PFF rankings.

(02-19-2022, 08:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Isn't Norwell from Cincy? I feel like he's been on my list of free agent targets for a few years.

Yes he is a local. Perfect addition and a vet in case Carman doesn't pan out as soon as we hope.
Reply/Quote
Nate! How DARE you question the validity of PFF ratings? Our Oline was in the super bowl.. Oh wait..they melted down the stretch.. But doubting the perfection of PFF is like questioning where water is wet! Blood is red when exposed to oxygen! Apple pie is an American invention! Oh wait..Apples were around long before the good old USA.. Never mind..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote