Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown-We want to help Joe
(02-19-2022, 03:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. They're going to have to pay a lot of guaranteed money. No other way.

And there’s absolutely no excuse not to now. I just saw something from Forbes about how the last 5 teams to lose in the Super Bowl saw increases of franchise value between 3% and 19%.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 02:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They've tried to address it for about 5 years. The things theve done just haven't worked.

Cedar, Fisher, Jonah, Price, Carman. That's 3 1st and 2 2nd round picks. That's a lot of high picks.

Then trading for Glenn. Signing Reiff. XSF. Spain. Jon Miller.

It just hasn't worked out no matter what they did.

Yet we all expect them to actually make a few brilliant moves this offseason that totally fix it. Same things were said last offseason after Burrows knee injury.

Problem is with exception of Jonah they have been looking for value instead of overspending on this group its past time we overspent. Jonah is good everyone else needs to go and replaced if it means overpaying for a LT and moving Jonah to the right side so be it. Throw the most money at the top guy available draft for depth
Reply/Quote
James Daniels, Morgan Moses, Andrew Norwell and bring back Quinton Spain.

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Quinton Spain
C - James Daniels
RG - Andrew Norwell
RT - Morgan Moses
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: James Daniels, Morgan Moses, Andrew Norwell and bring back Quinton Spain.

LT - Jonah Williams
LG -  Quinton Spain
C - James Daniels
RG - Andrew Norwell
RT - Morgan Moses

I could live with this Spain still has me uneasy
Reply/Quote
CLould we basically cut Waynes and put his AOV to Kevin King or Levi Wallace in FA?

We would have to overpay a bit to get them out of GB or Buff, IMO
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: James Daniels, Morgan Moses, Andrew Norwell and bring back Quinton Spain.

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Quinton Spain
C - James Daniels
RG - Andrew Norwell
RT - Morgan Moses

Gosh Moses and his PFF rank among tackles is #40 and worse than Reiff. Norwell is #42 in guards in his PFF rankings. Hopkins also ranked higher than Daniels. Again I look for them to go get a top center like Bozeman or Jensen. Resign Reiff and Spain. Draft at #31 a tackle and maybe pick up a mid priced guard. Possibly move Hopkins to guard
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 03:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And there’s absolutely no excuse not to now. I just saw something from Forbes about how the last 5 teams to lose in the Super Bowl saw increases of franchise value between 3% and 19%.

I agree. We have a 3 year window before Burrows contract makes it harder to sign guys.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 04:54 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Problem is with exception of Jonah they have been looking for value instead of overspending on this group its past time we overspent. Jonah is good everyone else needs to go and replaced if it means overpaying for a LT and moving Jonah to the right side so be it. Throw the most money at the top guy available draft for depth

Yes. They need to pay top dollar to get good players...not lower tier value guys.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: James Daniels, Morgan Moses, Andrew Norwell and bring back Quinton Spain.

LT - Jonah Williams
LG -  Quinton Spain
C - James Daniels
RG - Andrew Norwell
RT - Morgan Moses

Isn't Norwell from Cincy? I feel like he's been on my list of free agent targets for a few years.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 06:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Gosh Moses and his PFF rank among tackles is #40 and worse than Reiff. Norwell is #42 in guards in his PFF rankings. Hopkins also ranked higher than Daniels. Again I look for them to go get a top center like Bozeman or Jensen. Resign Reiff and Spain. Draft at #31 a tackle and maybe pick up a mid priced guard. Possibly move Hopkins to guard

That's why it's hard to fix a line. And those guys will cost a lot. Daniels is projected at $10 million a year.

We could sign 2 of those guys and they end up rated as average players.

Not saying this is doable, but on pffs draft sim...I traded our 1st, 3rd, and 4th to Carolina and drafted a Tackle.

I like Connor Williams.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 08:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's why it's hard to fix a line. And those guys will cost a lot. Daniels is projected at $10 million a year.

Not saying this is doable, but on pffs draft sim...I traded our 1st, 3rd, and 4th to Carolina and drafted a Tackle.

I like Connor Williams.

Zac hates to trade picks and not aware he ever has.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 06:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Gosh Moses and his PFF rank among tackles is #40 and worse than Reiff. Norwell is #42 in guards in his PFF rankings. Hopkins also ranked higher than Daniels. Again I look for them to go get a top center like Bozeman or Jensen. Resign Reiff and Spain. Draft at #31 a tackle and maybe pick up a mid priced guard. Possibly move Hopkins to guard

Hopkins has always graded abysmal at G.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 08:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's why it's hard to fix a line. And those guys will cost a lot. Daniels is projected at $10 million a year.

I like Connor Williams.

How high did that move you up?   Which 1st round pick?
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 11:38 AM)pally Wrote: Mike thinks Paul would have loved this team

"I think so. Joe is a smart player and that shines through," Brown said. "He's accurate, he's tough as nails. We want to do some things to help him.

"This team has what (Paul Brown) prized most. The ability to throw the ball."

Brown says they plan to improve. That starts in two weeks at the NFL scouting combine.

"I think we have the core of a top team, we'll add to it and I think we can make it better,"

Hopefully, his statements mean what we hope it means

https://www.bengals.com/news/city-rallies-for-bengals-one-final-time-in-a-special-season-as-mike-brown-reflec

I would have felt more comfortable if he said everything. "Some things" might not include spending on the line. His statements are too open-ended.

It's not real until it happens.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 01:13 AM)casear2727 Wrote: How high did that move you up?   Which 1st round pick?

It took me to Carolinas. I traded our 1st this year. They likely use value charts.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 09:31 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Zac hates to trade picks and not aware he ever has.

Dude...Zac doesn't control every aspect of the team.

Pretty sure they've trades down over the past few years.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 11:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dude...Zac doesn't control every aspect of the team.

Pretty sure they've trades down over the past few years.

Didn’t say he did but I’m just letting you know that he doesn’t like to give up picks in trades. Name me one.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 11:46 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Didn’t say he did but I’m just letting you know that he doesn’t like to give up picks in trades. Name me one.

Zac also apparantly doesn't like having a competent offensive line. Name me one.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 02:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac also apparantly doesn't like having a competent offensive line. Name me one.

Obviously they’ve failed…and it’s not debatable… they whiffed on the OL in 2020 and 2021. I believe Taylor had way too much confidence in Jim Turner and in 2021 Zac, Tobin, and Pollard misjudged how much better they thought the OL would be. My understanding from my sources is they’ve decided that a few o-linemen aren’t working as hard as they’d like in order to get better. Satisfied with just getting a check. But they made a ton of correct moves to repair the defense in FA and drafting Chase over Sewell. They have drafted a lot of offensive linemen the last several years but it hasn’t been fruitful. I’ll find the great deep dive article outlining this I read this morning from Yahoo and add the link shortly.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/actually-the-bengals-did-address-the-offensive-line-just-not-well-enough-223647729.html
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 11:46 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Didn’t say he did but I’m just letting you know that he doesn’t like to give up picks in trades. Name me one.

I think that's more of an organizational thing.

How many times have the Bengals traded picks away?

Especially since the rookie wage scale made draft pick contracts so affordable.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote