Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown doesn't care about you...
(12-18-2016, 08:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: EXACTLY! You get it. Firing the HC is just putting paint on a building with a crumbling foundation.

The team needs to change it's philosophy if it wants to compete. Start occasionally signing free agents. Change the draft philosophy. Start playing rookies and younger players. Start drafting lighter LB's who can run and cover.

Yep, as long as the Bengals keep trying to run this franchise like a Mom and Pop store they will never compete with the Wal-Marts of the league. MB needs to step back, hire a GM with full control and go from there.
Reply/Quote
We're losing these games in the present...but we really lost them during the draft and in free agency over the past 5 years.

Not upgrading the Center position. Letting Reggie walk (we had cap space...instead they threw a lot of money to extend Shawn Williams who showed nothing prior to that.), etc.
Reply/Quote
This team has done well in the draft the last few years, but before that they the worst. You could tell because all the years in the NFL there is only 1 Bengal player in HOF. Way to pick em Mike
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:44 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yep, as long as the Bengals keep trying to run this franchise like a Mom and Pop store they will never compete with the Wal-Marts of the league. MB needs to step back, hire a GM with full control and go from there.
Modern free agency began in 1992. The Bengals haven't won a playoff game since then. It's correlated.

The Bengals want to prove that they're smarter than the system and can win by doing things his own way. The only way this works in sports is if you have analytic geniuses running the franchise...but this only gets you so far...even in baseball. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:46 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: This team has done well in the draft the last few years, but before that they the worst. You could tell because all the years in the NFL there is only 1 Bengal player in HOF. Way to pick em Mike

Who have they drafted over the past 3 drafts that is making an impact?

IF you look over the drafts...you're going to have to go back to Atkins, Dunlap, Green, Dalton for the good draft picks. Iloka, Bernard, Eifert, and Kirkpatrick...too but you're looking at 4-5+ draft years ago+.

The past 3 drafts are littered with CB who is a terrible tackle, Dennard who is a special teamer, Jackson who hasn't played. Our past draft has been ranked as one of the worst in the NFL as far as contribution.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I see.  So, if I care more about the team, then Mike will care about me?

By God, that's just what I'll do, then  ThumbsUp

No. 

Mike will never care about you.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. 

Stop it!  STOP IT!  It's not true!

[Image: giphy.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I agree but I remember taking David Klingler 1st round, Akili Smith 1st round and don't forget Peter Warrick it was madness back then and all those guy were probably top ten picks
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:54 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Stop it!  STOP IT!  It's not true!

[Image: giphy.gif]

It's true. But instead of crying, you should not care about him back. 

P.S. You look a lot like Anthony Anderson. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: P.S. You look a lot like Anthony Anderson. 

You know, I get that a lot.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I think this year, TBO was a fluke due to putting too much stock in rookie's and well 3rd year rookie's to step up and none have. None! if some of these players would get more playing time before they replace a fa payer we would know this, but then again it didnt stop them from letting Nelson go. Combine that with injuries and the refusal to sign any top FA that may help and you get this mess.
Reply/Quote
He's not supposed to

He's supposed to care about his money

And the on field product
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. 

LOL

You're killing me Faulk.  I looked this up just to make your replies easier

[Image: 656732b6ec57526a13abe3d1df4d0e3d.jpg]

and a new avatar pic just cause I'm cool like that.
[Image: 150324154003-01-internet-cats-restricted-super-169.jpg]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:07 PM)Housh Wrote: He's not supposed to

1. He's supposed to care about his money

2. And the on field product

He only cares about 2. affecting 1. positively. 

Reply/Quote
I don't care about Mike Brown.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Just have to laugh as I sit here and watch Nelson with a game winning Int. Nice move Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:34 PM)jason Wrote: I don't care about Mike Brown.

NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE!!!!  Wink

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:24 PM)Burma Wrote: LOL

You're killing me Faulk.  I looked this up just to make your replies easier

[Image: 656732b6ec57526a13abe3d1df4d0e3d.jpg]

and a new avatar pic just cause I'm cool like that.
[Image: 150324154003-01-internet-cats-restricted-super-169.jpg]

Oh, i know enough don't care. And they will continue to complain until eternity. 

The irony is that they are complaining about something they are doing. 

[Image: tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're losing these games in the present...but we really lost them during the draft and in free agency over the past 5 years.

Not upgrading the Center position. Letting Reggie walk (we had cap space...instead they threw a lot of money to extend Shawn Williams who showed nothing prior to that.), etc.

Williams over Nelson was one of the dumbest moves I've seen this team make, and I was here when we drafted Klingler and turned down the entire Saints' draft to keep our spot to draft........Akili Smith. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:34 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Just have to laugh as I sit here and watch Nelson with a game winning Int. Nice move Bengals.

That's at least two this year.....Baltimore as well.  Anyone know if he has had any more?  All I read on here is how "awful" he has played in Oaktown. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote