Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown doesn't care about you...
(12-19-2016, 12:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's at least two this year.....Baltimore as well.  Anyone know if he has had any more?  All I read on here is how "awful" he has played in Oaktown. Mellow

He has 4 this year. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm moving to Columbus soon. Born and raised in Pittsburgh moved to Texas California Missouri now Ohio. I will buy tickets to games. Probably buy season tickets. I don't care. I've never been to a home Bengals game and this is my chance. I support them no matter what. Marvin will be fired shortly. Probably not this year. Next year tho. And I will support them
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As i just posted in another thread, the owner of the Cincinnati Bengals does not care, not even the smallest amount, about you, your opinion of him, his team or coaches, nor anyone's opinion about his team. 

The only thing that matters is the profit.

As long as you continue to care about the Bengals, buy tickets and merchandise and invest your time and emotions, you are enabling Mike Brown to continue to operate the way he does. With no regard to how you feel about it. 

Your apathy is the only thing that can change this.

The good ol' double edge sword. So you have two options:

1) stop watching football
2) cheer for a different team

Both have massive downfalls.
Reply/Quote
The state legislature just voted to let Mike Brown come to your house to rearrange the furniture and change the curtains to burnt orange and dark charcoal, but not quite black..in addition he gets to tie you up in the corner while he screws your wife and tell your kids the only reason they don't get a pony for their birthdays is because you drank all the Christmas money and birthdays have been cancelled..
I've never spent the first dime to enrich the Brown family and I don't buy jerseys to pay them for free advertising. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 01:06 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: The good ol' double edge sword. So you have two options:

What exactly is the massive downfall in those scenarios? Your life won't go to hell either way..
From my atheistic point of view the real problem is the city of Cincinnati just doesn't collectively pray hard enough..LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 01:06 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: The good ol' double edge sword. So you have two options:

Yup. But i've proven, many times over, that i'm not capable of doing either. Sad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 01:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: The state legislature just voted to let Mike Brown come to your house to rearrange the furniture and change the curtains to burnt orange and dark charcoal, but not quite black..in addition he gets to tie you up in the corner while he screws your wife and tell your kids the only reason they don't get a pony for their birthdays is because you drank all the Christmas money and birthdays have been cancelled..
I've never spent the first dime to enrich the Brown family and I don't buy jerseys to pay them for free advertising. 

I don't know what the hell your problem is, but your 'old-man type, stay off my lawn' bitter sarcasm in every thread is tedious. Sarcasm is cool. Disagreements are cool. Humor in it's varying forms is cool (when it's actually humor). But you are in your own category when it comes to inappropriate snark. Go talk to a professional and get that shit straightened out.

All that said, you get a  ThumbsUp on the not spending any money to help MB. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I honestly think it's a ridiculous statement to say Mike doesn't care about winning. He may have a totally different perspective on what it takes to win that most people don't agree with but to say he doesn't want to win is funny.

Why would he intentionally shit all over the franchise that bears his families name and his fathers legacy? There is no evidence that he doesn't hold his father in the highest regard. Why hasn't Paul Brown Stadium been re-named Goldstar Chili Stadium? It's easy money and the rest of the league has done this.

Why would he be constantly tinkering with a depth chart during his free time instead of counting money/spending his money? If you read anything about Mike over the last 5 years he's not an evil Disney character collecting money he's more like a guy who has nothing but his football franchise and refuses to give up his only hobby.

Winning = success in the NFL. I don't care that he can still make money if his team loses the money is in the extremely loyal fanbases like Dallas, New England and Pitt. They spend heaps of money on tickets, apparel and other stupid merchandise every year. That only comes from winning.

I know this year sucked but maybe it's time to take a step back and get a grip. Quite frankly if I was in Mike's shoes and loved being involved in my franchise I wouldn't stop either.
Reply/Quote
There are two problems. First, NFL profit sharing guarantees the worst owner in pro sports will profit regardless. Second, the Hamilton County tax deal to pay for the stadium and all its improvements is just another guarantee this team will stay out of the red financially.

However, if the stadium empties and profits go down, pressure from the NFL will come down hard on the organization. I gave up season tickets after 09' and give the sales dept. an earful every year they email me to purchase tickets.

I do believe Mike Brown has relinquished unprecedented control to Marvin. From all reports, the Hard Knocks seasons, and just the general feel this organizations recent failures against its biggest division rival, primetime games, and postseason mortem have all the fingerprints of Marvin Lewis, his philosophy, and his approach to the game from drafting all the way to game day playcalling, timeouts, and challenges.

Bottom line, in my opinion, the current state of this organization is all on Marvin Lewis!!! The old blow hard Brown finally relinquished control, but backed the wrong guy and Lewis failed him.

MARVIN SCREWUS, AND ALL HIS POSITION COACHES MUST GO!! We can only hope like hell the Brown family will bring someone else in they are willing to give similar control, and that someone has a winning recipe!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 03:51 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: There are two problems. First, NFL profit sharing guarantees the worst owner in pro sports will profit regardless. Second, the Hamilton County tax deal to pay for the stadium and all its improvements is just another guarantee this team will stay out of the red financially.

Guys who are only in it for the money want more money. It's about the brand and the Bengals hardly have one. A Bengals coffee mug isn't worth anything compared to a Cowboys coffee mug and the best way to build your brand is to win consistently at the highest level.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:03 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Guys who are only in it for the money want more money. It's about the brand and the Bengals hardly have one. A Bengals coffee mug isn't worth anything compared to a Cowboys coffee mug and the best way to build your brand is to win consistently at the highest level.

. . .Hence, the profit sharing. The Bengals get some pennies from the sale of that Cowboys coffee mug because the NFL owners have a contract in which they share proceeds of profits to make it more equitable for small market teams. That's the whole point Brown doesn't need to care about building a brand because he gets paid by the rest of the NFL's brand!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 02:56 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I honestly think it's a ridiculous statement to say Mike doesn't care about winning. He may have a totally different perspective on what it takes to win that most people don't agree with but to say he doesn't want to win is funny.

Why would he intentionally shit all over the franchise that bears his families name and his fathers legacy? There is no evidence that he doesn't hold his father in the highest regard. Why hasn't Paul Brown Stadium been re-named Goldstar Chili Stadium? It's easy money and the rest of the league has done this.

Why would he be constantly tinkering with a depth chart during his free time instead of counting money/spending his money? If you read anything about Mike over the last 5 years he's not an evil Disney character collecting money he's more like a guy who has nothing but his football franchise and refuses to give up his only hobby.

Winning = success in the NFL. I don't care that he can still make money if his team loses the money is in the extremely loyal fanbases like Dallas, New England and Pitt. They spend heaps of money on tickets, apparel and other stupid merchandise every year. That only comes from winning.

I know this year sucked but maybe it's time to take a step back and get a grip. Quite frankly if I was in Mike's shoes and loved being involved in my franchise I wouldn't stop either.

He doesn't care about winning a Super Bowl. In his eyes, it cost more to win a Super Bowl than to have a .500 season or so. he's stated this before. And the stadium deal, etc etc. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 12:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's at least two this year.....Baltimore as well.  Anyone know if he has had any more?  All I read on here is how "awful" he has played in Oaktown. Mellow

He's in the playoffs Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 03:51 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: There are two problems. First, NFL profit sharing guarantees the worst owner in pro sports will profit regardless. Second, the Hamilton County tax deal to pay for the stadium and all its improvements is just another guarantee this team will stay out of the red financially.

However, if the stadium empties and profits go down, pressure from the NFL will come down hard on the organization. I gave up season tickets after 09' and give the sales dept. an earful every year they email me to purchase tickets.

I do believe Mike Brown has relinquished unprecedented control to Marvin. From all reports, the Hard Knocks seasons, and just the general feel this organizations recent failures against its biggest division rival, primetime games, and postseason mortem have all the fingerprints of Marvin Lewis, his philosophy, and his approach to the game from drafting all the way to game day playcalling, timeouts, and challenges.

Bottom line, in my opinion, the current state of this organization is all on Marvin Lewis!!! The old blow hard Brown finally relinquished control, but backed the wrong guy and Lewis failed him.

MARVIN SCREWUS, AND ALL HIS POSITION COACHES MUST GO!! We can only hope like hell the Brown family will bring someone else in they are willing to give similar control, and that someone has a winning recipe!

Excellent post!  ThumbsUp In this modern era of Bengal football, Marvin Lewis is by far the biggest problem on this team. You can see his coaching dumbfu**ery on game day. That itself is enough to make you want to puke in your soup. Add in his smug arrogance in press conferences and complete refusal to bench/cut certain God awful players... This is mostly on Marv. Nobody really knows how much control Mike has, what Katie actually does or what Tobin actually decides. It's really all guesswork. But what you see and hear from Marvin is completely obvious he's an incompetent nitwit. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:20 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He doesn't care about winning a Super Bowl. In his eyes, it cost more to win a Super Bowl than to have a .500 season or so. he's stated this before. And the stadium deal, etc etc. 

Mike definitely wants to win, but in his own delusional way: as cheaply as possible.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:45 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Mike definitely wants to win, but in his own delusional way: as cheaply as possible.

We have to be specific. WHAT does he want to win? 

The devil is usually in the details.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:48 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: We have to be specific. WHAT does he want to win? 

The devil is usually in the details.

Profit and a super bowl win (probably in that order).

The sad thing is Mike is so delusional (seriously, how many concussions did he get when he played back in his day?) that he doesn't realize a perennial super bowl contender = bandwagon fans = more marketability = MORE $$$! 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:17 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: . . .Hence, the profit sharing. The Bengals get some pennies from the sale of that Cowboys coffee mug because the NFL owners have a contract in which they share proceeds of profits to make it more equitable for small market teams. That's the whole point Brown doesn't need to care about building a brand because he gets paid by the rest of the NFL's brand!!!

Do you think a businessman who values his worth on how much money he makes is going to be satisfied with making some money instead of the most money? The picture your painting is of a lazy man not a guy who only cares about money.

If he only cares about money why doesn't he sell the naming rights to the stadium?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:03 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Do you think a businessman who values his worth on how much money he makes is going to be satisfied with making some money instead of the most money? The picture your painting is of a lazy man not a guy who only cares about money.

If he only cares about money why doesn't he sell the naming rights to the stadium?

You already answered that with your post.

Why is his current/future head coach 0-7 in the playoffs & terrible va your main division rival?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:03 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Do you think a businessman who values his worth on how much money he makes is going to be satisfied with making some money instead of the most money? The picture your painting is of a lazy man not a guy who only cares about money.

I wasn't putting the information out to say Brown is lazy or money driven, rather just to make a point towards the thread that fans need to hit the Brown family in the pocket book. The point is that just being an NFL owner is a profitable business venture regardless of attendance or merchandise sells. 

I don't know what he personally cares about, but I do know the evidence is overwhelming that he does not care about WINNING in the postseason.
Reply/Quote