Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown presser
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 01:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

This is when a clear obvious reality starts to slowly pierce fan optimism. 

We can't have Higgins and Chase fellas. We got Higgins for at least one more year before he gets his payday. Let's enjoy it.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 01:26 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: This is when a clear obvious reality starts to slowly pierce fan optimism. 

We can't have Higgins and Chase fellas. We got Higgins for at least one more year before he gets his payday. Let's enjoy it.

It’s a part of getting Burrow. It’s not a slam dunk but I disagree that it’s unlikely

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 01:26 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: This is when a clear obvious reality starts to slowly pierce fan optimism. 

Completely disagree.  The cap is going up roughly 10% per year.  If they want Higgins, Chase and Burrow long term, it's not going to be hard to accomplish - especially if they structure the contracts in the right manner.  

I'd be more concerned about guys like Logan Wilson not being able to be resigned.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 01:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Completely disagree.  The cap is going up roughly 10% per year.  If they want Higgins, Chase and Burrow long term, it's not going to be hard to accomplish - especially if they structure the contracts in the right manner.  

I'd be more concerned about guys like Logan Wilson not being able to be resigned.

I think that much is obvious, though. If their sole objective is to sign Higgins/Chase/Burrow then of course they can get it done. What I glean from Mike's comment is that is not the sole objective, but is one of them. I would guess that there is concern about tying up that much cap into three players and losing multiple other pieces that are viewed as highly important. That is the point of contention as I have understood it within this discussion. 

Is it possible? Absolutely, but is it feasible? I'm not entirely convinced. 
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 01:50 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think that much is obvious, though. If their sole objective is to sign Higgins/Chase/Burrow then of course they can get it done. What I glean from Mike's comment is that is not the sole objective, but is one of them. I would guess that there is concern about tying up that much cap into three players and losing multiple other pieces that are viewed as highly important. That is the point of contention as I have understood it within this discussion. 

Is it possible? Absolutely, but is it feasible? I'm not entirely convinced. 

I think it is.  The cap went up roughly $20 million last year.  That's basically adding another huge contract to the cap.

23 - 224
22 - 208
21 - 182
20 - 198
19 - 188
18 - 177
17 - 167

As long as we don't have another pandemic, we should see the cap continue to rise by roughly 20 per year.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 01:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think it is.  The cap went up roughly $20 million last year.  That's basically adding another huge contract to the cap.

23 - 224
22 - 208
21 - 182
20 - 198
19 - 188
18 - 177
17 - 167

As long as we don't have another pandemic, we should see the cap continue to rise by roughly 20 per year.

I am definitely not prepared to say it is impossible or anything. I certainly hope we can retain him, but I am also trying to understand Mike's perspective. It's a fairly standard answer but does give some insight into the possibility of the issues they are encountering/expect to encounter. 
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 01:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think it is.  The cap went up roughly $20 million last year.  That's basically adding another huge contract to the cap.

23 - 224
22 - 208
21 - 182
20 - 198
19 - 188
18 - 177
17 - 167

The problem is getting 3 players & their agents and Duke,Mike, and Zac all in agreement. Easier said than done.

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 01:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

What was Joe’s injury or illness during 2020 camp?
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 02:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What was Joe’s injury or illness during 2020 camp?

Training camp schedules were modified due to COVID, I believe. There was no pre-season and they couldn't do full contact practices until midway through August. I am guessing that is the asterisk there.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 02:05 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Training camp schedules were modified due to COVID, I believe. There was no pre-season and they couldn't do full contact practices until midway through August. I am guessing that is the asterisk there.

Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 01:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The problem is getting 3 players & their agents and Duke,Mike, and Zac all in agreement. Easier said than done.

Very true.  I don't think it's nearly as hard as some the other situations though.

It should be pretty straight forward with Burrow and Chase, as they will both get top of the market deals.  Higgins is tricky since he's a #2 that could easily be a number one on several other teams.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 02:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Very true.  I don't think it's nearly as hard as some the other situations though.

It should be pretty straight forward with Burrow and Chase, as they will both get top of the market deals.  Higgins is tricky since he's a #2 that could easily be a number one on several other teams.

If they do sign all 3 then Wilson becomes even more valuable for this team. They will need him to help with the young guys because I don’t see Reader or Hendrickson getting another contract with the Bengals. Age/$ will be too high so I expect a big DT within the first 2 rounds of next years draft.
Reply/Quote

Look who decided to surface for the first time in months, only to rain crap down on everyone's parade again!

<_<
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 01:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Completely disagree.  The cap is going up roughly 10% per year.  If they want Higgins, Chase and Burrow long term, it's not going to be hard to accomplish - especially if they structure the contracts in the right manner.  

Yep. Wilson, Boyd, Chido, Reader, Hendrickson, Williams, & Collins.
All those guys won't fit. Some will. 

But that is a NEXT year problem.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 02:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Look who decided to surface for the first time in months, only to rain crap down on everyone's parade again!

<_<

It's almost like there's not a whole lot to talk about after the draft until the start of Training Camp. 

Shocker, I know.
Reply/Quote