Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Daniels Re-signs
(03-30-2021, 01:52 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm sorry, but I just don't see things that way at all.

Marvin didn't get to sign free agents. That was up to the front office, as it is now.

Marvin didn't want Ross, but Tobin took him anyways.

Marvin expected Whit back, but Troy the Turd insulted Whit and low balled him.

Sample in the 2nd round???

It's hard to mess up on the #1 overall pick when there's a clear cut best guy to take.

Taylor was involved in re-signing Hart to a 3 year deal. He was also in on signing Miller to a 3 year deal. And Webb to a 3 year deal. And that LB Brown to a 3 year deal.

Most of those guys washed out after 1 year. Hardly quality talent evaluation.

Taylor just plain sucks. His record is horrible and it's 100% on him.

Zampese was the OC when Ross was drafted, and he was a big supporter of Ross.
As we know though, Zampese was let go after just like 5 games or whatever and then Lazor took over.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 02:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Zampese was the OC when Ross was drafted, and he was a big supporter of Ross.
As we know though, Zampese was let go after just like 5 games or whatever and then Lazor took over.

2 games. Ross's benching followed that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 11:04 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Isn't Daniels more of a NT rather than a 3T? Or am I confusing him with Covington?

Covington is the NT, Daniels the 3T, as Ocho mentioned.

Just look at their pass rush numbers and you'll see who's the guy for each spot Wink lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 02:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 2 games. Ross's benching followed that.

Thanks. I thought it was a bit longer than that, but I was wrong.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 01:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think this is coming from Zim Whodey on Twitter, the guy who does the OITNB podcast with Ace Boogie. He says that they're signing a D-lineman today. He also says that he heard it from the player. 

So, putting my detective hat on, does this point to Hunt? I figure for the guy to have heard it from the player, then the guy is likely to be a former Bengal, rather than a FA on another team. 

He is a good 9th/10th DL to have. A bit of DT/DE versatility. If you want to carry 9 instead of 10 that helps. Still room for a #2 3T and a #3 DE.

Or I could be totally wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 02:13 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: So, putting my detective hat on, does this point to Hunt? I figure for the guy to have heard it from the player, then the guy is likely to be a former Bengal, rather than a FA on another team. 

He is a good 9th/10th DL to have. A bit of DT/DE versatility. If you want to carry 9 instead of 10 that helps. Still room for a #2 3T and a #3 DE.

Or I could be totally wrong.

It could be Kerrigan. The Bengals played that one smart, and made him a reasonable offer, then let him walk. He has not found many teams interested in paying him, his age is working against him. He either has to sign with the Redskins again or sign with us, and he's see the field more here. I don't think he's gotten interest elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 08:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: The game long past lewis by  but could win 7-8 games a year with less talent on the roster? lol

Im sure if he could have gotten the front office to be more active then he would have.

This....

I just happened to randomly watch the Bengals and Falcons game from 2018 last night as I was dozing off. Night and day better product on the field back then than we've seen for 2 seasons. But yeah... Let's give this guy all the time and excuses he needs til he figures out how to do his job.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 01:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like not too long ago this would be THE FA signing.

Sorta like:

Hawk
Harrison
Dansby

In fairness... Dansby would've been a great signing in 2013.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Maybe they’re signing clowney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 10:27 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Here's my thing I'm always optimistic.  I've been optimistic about the Reds since about 1983 and if anything the Reds have sucked worse than the Bengals since the 90's.  

I do agree with Ocho's remark though.  I see better than I hear.  You can tell me your plan.  You can tell me the intended results of your plan but if your plan doesn't show results then your plan doesn't work.  

6-25-1 says to me your plan doesn't work.  A "good" coach would've assembled a coaching staff to take advantage of the talent that was currently in place and change to a zone defense over time.  Not bring in a coaching staff and be like well our talent doesnt match our scheme want to run but hell lets run a zone defense anyway.   

I think that's been my biggest issue with Taylor and his staff is not using the talent that was in place and changing over time.  Change to your plan.  if you don't have the talent to immediately switch to a zone defense then why in the hell are you brining in a DC who wants to run a zone scheme.  
I get it, that is why only asked for a touch or a pinch. If you start there, ypu may enjoy the ride one daay when they shock us all.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Jerry 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 04:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Jerry 

TY for starting the OFFICIAL BENGAL'S THREAD

It appears we were duped by an unofficial FA move in a thread started with Daniels  Smirk
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 04:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: TY for starting the OFFICIAL BENGAL'S THREAD

It appears we were duped by an unofficial FA move  Smirk

Guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm not really that familiar with that guy, other than the stuff he does with Ace Boogie.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 09:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin Lewis never got one-tenth of the help Taylor is getting with outside free agents yet his winning percentage is still twice as good as Taylor.

What Marvin accomplished while handicapped by the Bengal front office was very impressive.

We were drafting much better and spending to keep our own talent during most of Marv's tenure. We haven't had much of our own talent to spend on lately, hence the free agency splurges.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 04:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Jerry 

Few days too early for an April Fool's joke.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Calling it now... it's Kerrigan.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 04:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We were drafting much better and spending to keep our own talent during most of Marv's tenure. We haven't had much of our own talent to spend on lately, hence the free agency splurges.

Also gotta do a little extra when working with less in the coaching department.
Reply/Quote
This seems suspicious. Not sure who is left that would qualify for such secrecy. Typically tne news is leaked if it is a big signing.

A small signing wouldn't garner such drama.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 04:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: This seems suspicious. Not sure who is left that would qualify for such secrecy. Typically tne news is leaked if it is a big signing.

A small signing wouldn't garner such drama.

No idea, but he just posted this:

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 06:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: No idea, but he just posted this:

Im going to lob out a guess and say Melvin Ingram.
Reply/Quote