Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Daniels Re-signs
(03-30-2021, 10:30 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: This is not a bad signing. I think he liked it here.

He’s pretty good in front of a mic and has some lengthy interviews on NFL network. He always seemed genuinely happy in Cincy last year and is a HUGE believer in Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 07:53 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He’s pretty good in front of a mic and has some lengthy interviews on NFL network. He always seemed genuinely happy in Cincy last year and is a HUGE believer in Burrow.

id rather my defensive guys believe in the defensive coordinator than the QB
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 08:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: id rather my defensive guys believe in the defensive coordinator than the QB

Well he was a big defender of Lou as well.... so there's that.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 08:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: id rather my defensive guys believe in the defensive coordinator than the QB

Well the interviews I saw he was never asked about Lou. Everyone who gets interviewed in Cincinnati will always be asked about Burrow because that’s all anyone outside of Cincy care about. Take it easy.
Reply/Quote
Thought someone in here said “ZIMWHODEY” said he wasn’t talking about mike Daniels as the signing....this doesn’t excite me. We need a pass rusher. He have Hendrickson that’s it. Hubbard is not a pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:29 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Thought someone in here said “ZIMWHODEY” said he wasn’t talking about mike Daniels as the signing....this doesn’t excite me. We need a pass rusher. He have Hendrickson that’s it. Hubbard is not a pass rusher.

His tweet said, he didn’t say it was Mike D. Probably just trying to keep it under wraps until final. He’s solid depth.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:29 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Thought someone in here said “ZIMWHODEY” said he wasn’t talking about mike Daniels as the signing....this doesn’t excite me.  We need a pass rusher.  He have Hendrickson that’s it.  Hubbard is not a pass rusher.

They still might be able to get someone like Kerrigan, but I definitely expect them to draft an edge rusher probably on Day 2 and also a DT in Rd 4-5. All of their DTs besides Reader are on 1-year deal. Personally, I like Marlon Tuipulotu early Day 3 as someone who can play both DT spots.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:29 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Thought someone in here said “ZIMWHODEY” said he wasn’t talking about mike Daniels as the signing....this doesn’t excite me. We need a pass rusher. He have Hendrickson that’s it. Hubbard is not a pass rusher.

Hopefully they use guys like Hilton and ADG a lot to blitz. Cause this DL is not going to get much pressure by themselves.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:31 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: His tweet said, he didn’t say it was Mike D. Probably just trying to keep it under wraps until final. He’s solid depth.

I’m sick of the bengals and their solid “depth” signings. We need a pass rusher who can get it done and has a long history of getting it done. Bringing in a Justin Houston Alcon smith or my personal fav Melvin Ingram is what they need to do. I like Hendrickson but he’s no our problem solver on the edge.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They still might be able to get someone like Kerrigan, but I definitely expect them to draft an edge rusher probably on Day 2 and also a DT in Rd 4-5. All of their DTs besides Reader are on 1-year deal. Personally, I like Marlon Tuipulotu early Day 3 as someone who can play both DT spots.

Bobby Brown is who we should target. At 6’4 325 lbs he had 5.5 sacks in a a shortened season this past year and he’s a massive force in the middle against the run and can play up n down the line.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 11:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopefully they use guys like Hilton and ADG a lot to blitz. Cause this DL is not going to get much pressure by themselves.

No they are not but this forum is filled with squares who think otherwise
Reply/Quote
Well, we still need some DE help, no doubt.

But at least we have a functional 2 deep roster at DT now + whatever Wren can give if he stays healthy. If we can get a discounted impact DT in FA I am not opposed. Nor to a mid round pick at DT. But Reader & Ogunjobi starting with Tupou & Daniels in reserve + Wren is good enough to go on with if we don't add to the group at all.

QB (Burrow, Allen), RB (Mixon, Bernard, Perine, T. Williams), DT, CB (Waynes, Awuzie, Hilton, Phillips, Apple, Brown, Davis), and S (Bell, Bates, Allen, B. Wilson, Henderson) are all in that category. I mean, we COULD upgrade, sure, but we don't NEED to. Maybe TE as well if CJ is healthy (big IF).

At OL, WR, DE, and LB, we need more help. PK too.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 11:47 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Bobby Brown is who we should target.  At 6’4 325 lbs he had 5.5 sacks in a a shortened season this past year and he’s a massive force in the middle against the run and can play up n down the line.

What team was Bobby Brown on again?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 11:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopefully they use guys like Hilton and ADG a lot to blitz. Cause this DL is not going to get much pressure by themselves.

Hence why they brought in Mike Hilton, one of the best blitzing corners in the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hence why they brought in Mike Hilton, one of the best blitzing corners in the league.

Still hoping for Kerrigan as I have to agree with the others that pass rush is still a big concern.

I am not betting against Hubbard becoming a good pass rusher either, he just was more of a run stopper last season.

The way Hubbard works his ass off it isn't out of the question he becomes much better rushing the passer this year.

But cannot count on it. Too bad this Draft isn't very deep with pass rushing Ends.

Hilton definitely helps if used right but we need to get pressure from the front.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still hoping for Kerrigan as I have to agree with the others that pass rush is still a big concern.

I am not betting against Hubbard becoming a good pass rusher either, he just was more of a run stopper last season.

The way Hubbard works his ass off it isn't out of the question he becomes much better rushing the passer this year.

But cannot count on it. Too bad this Draft isn't very deep with pass rushing Ends.

Kerrigan is still possible. I thought, when they said yesterday that it wasn't Daniels, that it was Kerrigan. He has a solid offer here, and apparently the only other team offering him anything is Washington. He may still sign.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Kerrigan is still possible. I thought, when they said yesterday that it wasn't Daniels, that it was Kerrigan. He has a solid offer here, and apparently the only other team offering him anything is Washington. He may still sign.

Out of the 2 teams I think he would get more snaps here cause he has Chase Young and Sweat in front of him there.

Hendrickson and Hubbard isn't quite as daunting of talent in front of him even though I love both of these guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 01:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oops, glad you cleared this up Shady so I don't go spreading this around until it is official.

Yeah. My bad. My source was ZIM from New Stripe City. He had spoken with Daniels about the pending re0-signing, but didn't want to come clean with who it was. I sort knew it had to be Daniels, but Zim said "I didn't say it was Daniels." 

I thought that meant that it wasn't Daniels, so I posted the "STOPS!" 

What Zim was actually doing was engaging a little bit of protective denial. He didn't want to get accused of leaking. He has a special relationship with Daniels. If you haven't seen that interview on New Stripe City, I highly recommend it. Daniels is one of my favorite guiys on the team. We need more like him, albeit younger versions of him. LOL
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They still might be able to get someone like Kerrigan, but I definitely expect them to draft an edge rusher probably on Day 2 and also a DT in Rd 4-5. All of their DTs besides Reader are on 1-year deal. Personally, I like Marlon Tuipulotu early Day 3 as someone who can play both DT spots.

If we go edge on day 2, and a DT in round 4, plus Chase in round 1, I take it the one OL draft pick is all to expect?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 04:35 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If we go edge on day 2, and a DT in round 4, plus Chase in round 1, I take it the one OL draft pick is all to expect?

If WR and two DL in first four rounds, then yes within those rounds. But definitely also could be 1-2 OL taken Rds 5-7 for depth purposes.

I have a feeling they want to start at least one of Spain or XSF at one OG spot, and they very likely will start Reiff, Jonah, and Hopkins (once he returns). As such, probably only one starting OL spot is up for grabs. That's why I expect only one early OL selection. Their depth could use improvement, which could be good for 1-2 Day 3 picks to groom behind the starters.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote