Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Daniels signs 1 year deal with the Bengals
(08-09-2020, 08:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: With everything that 2020 has brought us, I still find the most bizarre thing to be the Bengals willingly spending money on outside FA and being proactive.

This just adds more talent to a good FA class.

It’s weird like, “wth happened to our crappy FO?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hope it happens.
Reply/Quote
Another quality player with PLAYOFF experience .another leader in the lockeroom.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like will come down to passing the physical and staying healthy... but it will be a good addition , worth the risk at this point
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2020, 08:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: With everything that 2020 has brought us, I still find the most bizarre thing to be the Bengals willingly spending money on outside FA and being proactive.

This just adds more talent to a good FA class.

(08-09-2020, 09:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It’s weird like, “wth happened to our crappy FO?

I'd argue that Mike Daniel's would be a normal Bengals free agent signing (ProBowl talent but older with recent injury history.)

I still would love the signing as Au165 pointed it both Geno and Daniels would benefit in reduced snap counts at their age. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2020, 10:36 PM)Synric Wrote: I'd argue that Mike Daniel's would be a normal Bengals free agent signing (ProBowl talent but older with recent injury history.)

I still would love the signing as Au165 pointed it both Geno and Daniels would benefit in reduced snap counts at their age. 

True, but to sign a guy like this under these circumstances is pretty special. I'm surte other teams are looking for help. I think the word is getting around that we are on the rise. Guys want to be part of it. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2020, 11:58 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: True, but to sign a guy like this under these circumstances is pretty special. I'm surte other teams are looking for help. I think the word is getting around that we are on the rise. Guys want to be part of it. 

Well, he went to Detroit last year, so he’s obviously not very picky... Tongue

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2020, 11:58 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: True, but to sign a guy like this under these circumstances is pretty special. I'm surte other teams are looking for help. I think the word is getting around that we are on the rise. Guys want to be part of it. 

Started from the bottom now we here.... signing mike Daniels!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 12:24 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Started from the bottom now we here.... signing mike Daniels!

Well, Von Bell was pretty hyped to sign with us. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2020, 10:36 PM)Synric Wrote: I'd argue that Mike Daniel's would be a normal Bengals free agent signing (ProBowl talent but older with recent injury history.)

True, he would be a normal FA signing, and probably our first one, but to have him as a guy that is added late as a rotational guy after making splashes early... it is a different feel in 2020.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Great time in his career to be a rotational guy, playing a controlled number of snaps. Also can help in guidance for Wren. The guy has been a really good player, but we'll just have to see what he's still got. I hope it's a lot.
Reply/Quote
Great signing in my book for a key rotational piece. Just 2 years removed from being a top 10 DT in the NFL. Even with injuries PFF still rated him pretty good last year with Detroit. Just turned 31 in May which is older but still has a few NFL years left in him. With limited snaps he could be fresh coming in giving 100% every snap. With snap counts for DT I see Reader at 80%, Geno at 60%, Daniels at 40%, and Wren at 20%. Great rotation and all stay fresh and fast for duration of the game. Used to be when Geno went out teams just gashed us with the run. Linebackers will benefit the most with these guys sometimes occupying 2 blockers. So pumped for this season to get started not just for Burrow but to see the change in the defense. We could be top 10 in run defense, but with our opponents I know its going to be tough. I love the route the front office went in acquiring free agents this off-season. Who Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2020, 04:25 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Would be another great move by the front office.  Fingers crossed he passes physical and joins the team.  
Reply/Quote
Looks like rehab from the foot injury has gone fairly well:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1291386304094142464
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 10:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like rehab from the foot injury has gone fairly well:

Dude is listed at 310 pounds. These guys are insane.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 10:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like rehab from the foot injury has gone fairly well:

That’s almost as impressive as that clip of the big ass OLineman jumping out of the pool.

Reply/Quote

Maybe it's just what he's wearing, but he seems lighter than he did in those photos with his skin tight jersey...
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 03:31 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Well, Von Bell was pretty hyped to sign with us. 

Most players unless they are really elite will sign with many teams... there are some connections that help a player sign.. but the difference to me is the FO became more open to signing.. Im sure after 2015 season with the success of those 4 years, players would have happily come here over last year but FO was not open to signing them. 
Reply/Quote
If he signs our D-Line should be a beast to reckon with.
Reply/Quote

He looks every bit as healthy as AJ did doing warm up drills last year.
Reply/Quote