Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Daniels signs 1 year deal with the Bengals
A strong defensive line with lots of quality guys rotating has been a Super Bowl winning recipe. That was one of the New York Giants strengths during their run.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2020, 04:25 PM)Trademark Wrote:

(08-11-2020, 11:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wait...what happened to Rapien and Cleveland?

He was the Indians beat reporter for 92.3 the Fan up.here.
But i think he got a more lucrative position covering the Bengals 
I think.he did cover the Browns too. 
Occasionally he would fill on Saturdays if a host was on vacation 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 12:05 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: A strong defensive line with lots of quality guys rotating has been a Super Bowl winning recipe. That was one of the New York Giants strengths during their run.

Definitely gonna be a good year if everyone stays healthy
Reply/Quote
I'm thrilled with the signing. I definitely prefer Daniels over Peko.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Tremendous use of dollars. The risk vs. reward is a no brainer. :andy:
Reply/Quote
According to PFF the Bengals will have 3 players in the interior line that are in the top 25 in pass rush productivity.
Geno 14th, Mike Daniels 21st, and Reader 22nd.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:02 AM)J24 Wrote: According to PFF the Bengals will have 3 players in the interior line that are in the top 25 in pass rush productivity.

Wow. According to some people Mikey D is too long in the tooth. Might want to check their own first.

I’m pumped for this DL. Hope they get an opportunity to crush an overage rapist’s entire ***** leg.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:02 AM)J24 Wrote: According to PFF the Bengals will have 3 players in the interior line that are in the top 25 in pass rush productivity.

Which means the ends ought to be able to just eat.....
Reply/Quote
I don't recognize this front office and I love it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Really solid under the radar signing by this front office. In any other year this would have been the marquee signing
I can see Daniels making some key pressures and finishes to help preserve a win
But heres my question. To acquire Daniels it took 2 injuries to the interior to bring him in. I know Reader commanded the huge $$$$
But how come he wasnt on the target list of FAs to begin with
At least in the 2nd wave of signings ?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 09:35 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Really solid under the radar signing by this front office. In any other year this would have been the marquee signing
I can see Daniels making some key pressures and finishes to help preserve a win
But heres my question. To acquire Daniels it took 2 injuries to the interior to  bring him in. I know Reader commanded the huge $$$$
But how come he wasnt on the target list of FAs to begin with
At least in the 2nd wave of signings ?

He wasn't needed here until Topou opted out.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 09:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He wasn't needed here until Topou opted out.

Ok I get that but but wouldn't have Daniels been a upgrade over Glasgow and Topou anyhow especially in getting heat on the QB?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 10:29 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Ok I get that but but wouldn't have Daniels been a upgrade over Glasgow and Topou anyhow especially in getting heat on the QB?

Don;t forget he has been hurt and at that time im sure they saw $$ in other areas more important.. this signing is because of the lose of two players the team was hoping to give good young depth... and think about it ... why did so many other teams with less quality and depth  than us back in FA days passed on him??   i do think his age and health held some people off 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 10:29 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Ok I get that but but wouldn't have Daniels been a upgrade over Glasgow and Topou anyhow especially in getting heat on the QB?

Glasgow was good when he was healthy. Topou was arguably our best run stuffer. Both were young and improving, while Daniels is nearing the end of his career age wise and is coming off injury. So no, I don't think it would have been wise to bring him in over either of them (obviously we know now Ryan is not healthy)
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 11:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wait...what happened to Rapien and Cleveland?

Not sure, but since he cam to the Bengals, he's been absolutely killing it with awesome content. Better than Tyler Dragon, not on the level of Ben Baby (Ben is just a great reporter and I have a feeling that as soon as a Texas A&M or other Texas reporter job comes up, he's bolting).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Gotta keep in mind that getting physicals done has been a challenge with COVID.  With him coming off of injury, he may not have been able to even pass a physical until recently.  It's also very likely that his asking price dropped substantially after TC's started.  
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 10:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Glasgow was good when he was healthy. Topou was arguably our best run stuffer. Both were young and improving, while Daniels is nearing the end of his career age wise and is coming off injury. So no, I don't think it would have been wise to bring him in over either of them (obviously we know now Ryan is not healthy)

Both Topou and Glasgow were nose tackles VS Daniels who is a 3T. There asked to do two different things. 
Also the Bengals were looking to add Gerald McCoy last off-season. So they have been looking for a 3T to fill in for Geno.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Excellent signing.... fits in to what should be a strong rotation.
Reply/Quote
Interesting that Geno recruited him going back to the end of last season. He apparently text im and said there was room for him here.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2020, 04:25 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Awesome news. Always liked Daniels on the Pack, was their best DT for awhile. Rock On
Reply/Quote