Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Daniels signs 1 year deal with the Bengals
(08-10-2020, 05:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He looks every bit as healthy as AJ did doing warm up drills last year.

Of course AJ was coming off a season in which he played 16 games and not coming off injury. So why wouldn't AJ look healthy in warm ups?

Conversely Davis is coming of a lower extremity injury and the power he displays in the video shows recovery.

I see no correlation in the 2. Did you have a point? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 06:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course AJ was coming off a season in which he played 16 games and not coming off injury. So why wouldn't AJ look healthy in warm ups?

WTF?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF?

My bad. AJ only played 9 games in 2018. Let's just hope they don't have Daniels practice at a HS stadium this year.

But, did you have a point? 

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 06:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But, did you have a point? 

Green looked great doing drills before games in 2019.  So my point was that  a player can be injured too badly to play but still look good in drills.  

Leaping has to do with thigh and calf muscles, not the foot.

Pretty sure everyone but you got it.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Green looked great doing drills before games in 2019.  So my point was that  a player can be injured too badly to play but still look good in drills.  

Just going to let this speak for itself and your knowledge of kinesiology 

But I agree, Everyone got your point. AJ was just fine before they took him to practice at a HS quality stadium in Dayton

Reply/Quote
Heart 
(08-10-2020, 07:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But I agree, Everyone got your point. AJ was just fine before they took him to practice at a HS quality stadium in Dayton

No.  You still don't get it.  During the season many people were commenting on how good Green looked doing drills.  But he was actually still not able to play because of the injury.

Get it now?

Have no idea what the field in Dayton has to do with Green getting injured.  Was he the only Bengal to practice on that field?
Reply/Quote
Maybe its just me, but wouldn't AJ be doing drills that pertain to stopping, starting, getting into and out of breaks? You know, things he would do in the course of playing WR?

He was said to look good doing those, so....

However, if they had him doing DT drills, I could see where he might not look game ready...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Green looked great doing drills before games in 2019.  So my point was that  a player can be injured too badly to play but still look good in drills.  

I agree, the box jump is the "explosive" version of a static movement.  Now, if he posted a video of himself effortlessly pushing a heavy vehicle across a parking lot, I'd have a lot more confidence in the claims of being fully healed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, the box jump is the "explosive" version of a static movement.  Now, if he posted a video of himself effortlessly pushing a heavy vehicle across a parking lot, I'd have a lot more confidence in the claims of being fully healed.

What body part is the foundation for that "explosive" version of a static movement? 

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 08:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What body part is the foundation for that "explosive" version of a static movement? 

I'm not buying it.  A "hop" does not demonstrate diversified force on the foot/ankle, like actually moving things under a load does.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not buying it.  A "hop" does not demonstrate diversified force on the foot/ankle, like actually moving things under a load does.

Movies 315 pounds 44" vertically is putting your metatarsals "under load". 

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 09:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Movies 315 pounds 44" vertically is putting your metatarsals "under load". 

Still, not anywhere close to the same as demonstrating dynamic forces on the parts over more than a momentary movement.  The dude has went down for the year, in mid-season, two years in a row.  If he wants to show me that he's healthy, show me that foot will hold up while pushing a pile..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 09:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Still, not anywhere close to the same as demonstrating dynamic forces on the parts over more than a momentary movement.  The dude has went down for the year, in mid-season, two years in a row.  If he wants to show me that he's healthy, show me that foot will hold up while pushing a pile..

He just did in the video I shared.

Now enough of this. I'm late for foot day at the gym. 

Reply/Quote
I though Mike Daniel's foot had healed up and he played a couple games before going on injury reserve for a bicep injury?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 09:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Still, not anywhere close to the same as demonstrating dynamic forces on the parts over more than a momentary movement.

I have absolutely no expertise in any of this, but this is how I feel reading it get explained to Bfine...

[Image: jesse-pinkman-science-640x652-copy.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 10:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I have absolutely no expertise in any of this, but this is how I feel reading it get explained to Bfine...

[Image: jesse-pinkman-science-640x652-copy.jpg]

I am an athlete, I train other athletes.  I deal with rehab from my own injuries, as well as help others recover from their injuries.  Now, I'm no Physical Therapist, but I know enough about the body and performance to know the difference between a party trick and an actual demonstration of functional strength as it applies to one's sporting nature.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 10:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I am an athlete, I train other athletes.  I deal with rehab from my own injuries, as well as help others recover from their injuries.  Now, I'm no Physical Therapist, but I know enough about the body and performance to know the difference between a party trick and an actual demonstration of functional strength as it applies to one's sporting nature.

Just to be clear, my post was meant to be complimentary of your knowledge.  I hope it came across that way, or I did a poor job of wording it.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 10:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I am an athlete, I train other athletes.  I deal with rehab from my own injuries, as well as help others recover from their injuries.  Now, I'm no Physical Therapist, but I know enough about the body and performance to know the difference between a party trick and an actual demonstration of functional strength as it applies to one's sporting nature.

I'm honestly astounded. 

From a standing position, weighing 315 lbs, and jumping 44" vertically is as much (most likely more) proof of structural stability in the metatarsals than pushing a "heavy vehicle". I can use numerous muscles and skeletal structure in my body (including upper body) to compensate for a weakened foot while pushing such a load. What can I use to compensate for unsound feet during the explosion of pushing 315 lbs 44" vertically?

Athlete or not you may want to research W x H = F

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm honestly astounded. 

From a standing position, weighing 315 lbs, and jumping 44" vertically is as much (most likely more) proof of structural stability in the metatarsals than pushing a "heavy vehicle". I can use numerous muscles and skeletal structure in my body (including upper body) to compensate for a weakened foot while pushing such a load. What can I use to compensate for unsound feet during the explosion of pushing 315 lbs 44" vertically?

Athlete or not you may want to research W x H = F

That is pretty much just a one directional force upon the joints in question.  The act of pushing involves forces from multi-directional angles, and more simulates what he might be exerting in the act of practicing his trade.  Heck, even running a hard 40 would be a more valid demonstration, than jumping from a stationary position.  

I'm not rooting against the guy, I think he's a great player and want him to be a Bengal.  I'm just not going to be sold over what is basically and early to mid-level demonstration of a healed injury.  

On another note, any news of him signing or having passed a physical by the team?

Edit: As to W x H = F? If he took a running leap toward say, dunking a basketball, maybe. A flat footed box jump is just a demonstration of muscular explosiveness.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 11:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is pretty much just a one directional force upon the joints in question.  The act of pushing involves forces from multi-directional angles, and more simulates what he might be exerting in the act of practicing his trade.  Heck, even running a hard 40 would be a more valid demonstration, than jumping from a stationary position.  

I'm not rooting against the guy, I think he's a great player and want him to be a Bengal.  I'm just not going to be sold over what is basically and early to mid-level demonstration of a healed injury.  

On another note, any news of him signing or having passed a physical by the team?

Edit:  As to W x H = F?  If he took a running leap toward say, dunking a basketball, maybe.  A flat footed box jump is just a demonstration of muscular explosiveness.

The fact that you do not realize a vertical jump is a push is what has me astounded

A running leap would add L (length) to the equation. 

Reply/Quote