Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Hilton to the Bengals

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Like the pickup a lot.

On raw stats, he's another Mack, with decent pass rush numbers and more picks, so that's a good thing.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Okay great, but where’s the line!?
Reply/Quote
I like stealing a good player from the Steelers and Mike Hilton is a solid slot corner but damn it Duke Offensive and Defensive Lines are terrible.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If it hurts the Steelers, I'm ok with this. Wonder why Alexander wasn't ever in the mix (it didn't seem).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
They're essentially clearing the way for the draft to be all offense.

I don't hate the idea. I just really hope the draft falls the way we want. I still remember 2019, when Kaleb McGary, Jawaan Taylor, Greg Little, Cody Ford and Dalton Risner went in the 10 picks prior to our 2nd rounder...

That was not a great time...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Okay great, but where’s the line!?

(03-16-2021, 03:47 PM)Synric Wrote: I like stealing a good player from the Steelers and Mike Hilton is a solid slot corner but damn it Duke Offensive and Defensive Lines are terrible.

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-08-03%20at%2010.31.04%20AM.png]

(03-16-2021, 03:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: If it hurts the Steelers, I'm ok with this. Wonder why Alexander wasn't ever in the mix (it didn't seem).

Not sure at all why Alexander wasn't considered. I thought he played well last year.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They're essentially clearing the way for the draft to be all offense.

Then we still need one more rusher and a DT.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Lets go!
Reply/Quote
It honestly feels like last season all over again.

They think Pollack will come in and magically make Jordan not suck, and Hart not suck and Price develop....

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It honestly feels like last season all over again.

They think Pollack will come in and magically make Jordan not suck, and Hart not suck and Price develop....

It does feel like last year. ZT thanks he can make chicken salad out chicken s***, but he’s proven he just makes more chicken s*** out of less chicken s***
Reply/Quote
I'll echo others and say I have no problem with this signing, but where are the o-lineman? It seems all of the big signings of the last 2 years have been on defense.

Does Anarumo have that much pull? He'd better produce with all these big ticket signings. No excuses.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
like the signing, he is a hard nosed guy and still head scratcher on what the issue is with Alexander? For this FA period to really be a success we still need at least one legit OL and either a Legit TE or Deep Threat WR.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Okay great, but where’s the line!?

I truly believe this organization thinks Pollack will come in and use the pieces they currently have and see what they can keep and what they can discard and pick up players closer to camp.  I think they'll take a Tackle at 5, but the questions is do we keep Spain, XSF, and Hart and use them as Guards or do we draft one in the 4th or 5th round and start them.  

Listen I'm happy their addressing the defense because there's holes galore and Lou isn't fixing that defense this year or any year he's employed.  

I guess the best result I can see out of this mess is maybe Taylor's ass will be out the door come mid-season. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It honestly feels like last season all over again.

Yuuuuup. Sure feels that way.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well it allows them to switch focus early in the draft. I can see wr, ot and og. Or ot, edge og if we snag a decent wr in free agency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Cornerbacks.  
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:57 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I truly believe this organization thinks Pollack will come in and use the pieces they currently have and see what they can keep and what they can discard and pick up players closer to camp.  I think they'll take a Tackle at 5, but the questions is do we keep Spain, XSF, and Hart and use them as Guards or do we draft one in the 4th or 5th round and start them.  

Listen I'm happy their addressing the defense because there's holes galore and Lou isn't fixing that defense this year or any year he's employed.  

I guess the best result I can see out of this mess is maybe Taylor's ass will be out the door come mid-season. 

Spain is a FA.

The only guard options that are under contract are Jordan, Hakeem Adeniji (who is listed at G not tackle), XSF and Keaton Sutherland.

Spain and Redmond are both FA's

Reply/Quote
A starting line Hendricks Reader Atkins Hubbard isnt terrible. Our LB play is much improved with the exception of Pratt. WR OT G. What we need still. First 3 rounds huge gamble we can fill remaining holes.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: Then we still need one more rusher and a DT.

Perhaps. If we end up keeping Atkins, the need for a DT goes down. We'll see how that all turns out. And another rusher can be had in the 3rd round or so. I wouldn't complain if they added one of the two in free agency, but I wouldn't expect it.

The one big difference is we have our QB now, so our first round pick can be used to solve this problem. Last year, we were talking about Josh Jones the OT out of Houston as a possibility at 33. Obviously, that didn't happen so maybe they go OT/OT in rounds 1 and 2 this year. It wouldn't be as good as getting a reliable veteran in free agency, but it seems like they're more confident in fixing the Oline via the draft than the defense.

There are still some veteran options out there like Riley Reiff and Russel Okung, so I haven't lost all hope yet haha.
Reply/Quote