Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Hilton to the Bengals
(03-16-2021, 07:39 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So....Do we still have Wayne and Alexander under contract? Also since we are just ignoring the oline I would like them to take a shot on WR Golladay, Safety Keanu Neal ( if we can get him cheap),  WR C. Samual to replace Ross.

We have Waynes under contract for the next few years. Not Alexander who I would also like to bring back.

FA won't start until tomorrow. I don't see them just ignoring the O-line in FA, lots of good players still out there.

(03-16-2021, 07:40 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I wonder how much stock the FO and coaches put in getting Tupou and Wren back? I mean Tupou put up a 73.8 pff grade in 2019. He will be back and its not like he's coming off injury. How much impact do you think a guy like Tupou will have in the rotation? Upgrade from Covington, Bledsoe, Daniels, etc?

Tupou did play well in 2019...

Still we need a 3-tech to back up or take over for Geno more than NT's right now. I hope Daniels returns to his Packers days form
if they are relying on him. He wasn't as good as I thought he would be last year.

(03-16-2021, 07:41 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I wish. I would keep 7 on the roster if I was coach.

Anyways, Corner was definitely a need. So yeah we need to work on the lines but this is a welcome signing. 

Frankly, if we have to rely on the draft for anything, offensive line makes sense. It is loaded this year. 

Was hoping they would take care of O-line, D-line and Corner in FA to free up the Draft so we didn't have to take a Corner early.

They at least took care of Corner and added a very good End already.

This Draft is loaded with OL talent, especially at Tackle. Still want a Guard at the very least, should happen.

I haven't given up before FA has even started like some have lol
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 07:01 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think they can still do it.

If they can get the O-line to at least average from FAs and by getting an OT/G in the second.

I don't want to see them load up the 1st, 2nd, 3rd pick(possible 2nd rounder from moving back)on just the O-line.

On top of it the Bengals picks for OL in the first few rounds have been horrendous as of late and I don't have much faith in them with that.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 07:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We have Waynes under contract for the next few years. Not Alexander who I would also like to bring back.

FA won't start until tomorrow. I don't see them just ignoring the O-line in FA, lots of good players still out there.

Tupou did play well in 2019...

Still we need a 3-tech to back up or take over for Geno more than NT's right now. I hope Daniels returns to his Packers days form
if they are relying on him. He wasn't as good as I thought he would be last year.

Was hoping they would take care of O-line, D-line and Corner in FA to free up the Draft so we didn't have to take a Corner early.

They at least took care of Corner and added a very good End already.

This Draft is loaded with OL talent, especially at Tackle. Still want a Guard at the very least, should happen.

I haven't given up before FA has even started like some have lol

Ditto, but alas it seems he has a deal to return to the Vikings.

Not sure about this signing, myself...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Ditto, but alas it seems he has a deal to return to the Vikings.

Not sure about this signing, myself...

Hilton is a damn good signing, I am not as furious about letting Mackenzie go cause of this signing. But I really liked Alexander.

At least he is most likely going to the Vikings who I also like instead of some team I hate.
Reply/Quote
Lawson out, Hendrickson in

Mackenzie out, Hilton in

WJ out, Awuzie in?

If WJ isn’t re-signed, we slightly downgraded with each move.

Best case is these players are a wash. Meh.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:53 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Lawson out, Hendrickson in

Mackenzie out, Hilton in

WJ out, Awuzie in?

Nuts!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:53 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Lawson out, Hendrickson in

Mackenzie out, Hilton in

WJ out, Awuzie in?

I agree with "slightly downgraded" but "best case" is at least they have a better remaining career than the person they are replacing. I'm not saying I would bet on that outcome but it is at least possible and hence the best case. 

But yes, *if* we are going to turn the franchise around it will happen because the Oline improved enough (probably through a draft pick), Joe Burrow is rehabbed enough, and the defense is healthy enough that we win at least half our games early in the season and can develop some "chemistry" to really step things up from there.  

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:53 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I agree with "slightly downgraded" but "best case" is at least they have a better remaining career than the person they are replacing. I'm not saying I would bet on that outcome but it is at least possible and hence the best case. 

But yes, *if* we are going to turn the franchise around it will happen because the Oline improved enough (probably through a draft pick), Joe Burrow is rehabbed enough, and the defense is healthy enough that we win at least half our games early in the season and can develop some "chemistry" to really step things up from there.  

We didn't downgrade and if we sign Reiff, another Guard and Golladay we upgraded big time IMO.

RunKijanaRun is just too emotional like a lot of fans on here lol
Reply/Quote
He’s going to be well liked here... Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s going to be well liked here... Big Grin

Ha Ha we are going to love this guy no doubt Nicomo, way to bring this thread back LMAO!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote