Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike Pettine Scared
http://www.theonion.com/article/mike-pettine-worried-bengals-gave-rest-league-blue-52013

My favorite part is how he goes on to say even if another team recreates Cincinnatis gameplan he thinks they'll lack the personal the Bengals have to fully execute it. This just shows how far we've came both coaching and talent wise.

Even if it was against probably the worst team in the NFL I was impressed
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is an Onion article... all satire
Reply/Quote
.......seriously?
Reply/Quote
I will say this about Pettine. This guy is clamoring for the end of the season. He looked completely checked out last week. Amazing what Cleveland can do to a person.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 02:03 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: http://www.theonion.com/article/mike-pettine-worried-bengals-gave-rest-league-blue-52013

My favorite part is how he goes on to say even if another team recreates Cincinnatis gameplan he thinks they'll lack the personal the Bengals have to fully execute it. This just shows how far we've came both coaching and talent wise.

Even if it was against probably the worst team in the NFL I was impressed

What he's really worried about is where he'll be working next year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 05:23 PM)McC Wrote: What he's really worried about is where he'll be working next year.

I don't think he's worried at all. I believe he'd be happier unemployed than working for the Browns.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
So much win.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 05:23 PM)McC Wrote: What he's really worried about is where he'll be working next year.

If he's smart, his contract will make sure he gets a million or two when they invariably fire him for their incompetence. And a month later he'll wind up on another staff or heading a college program.

These days, there's no stigma for being a coach that got fired by that organization.
Reply/Quote
God, this is perfect. Trashy Bengals fans strike again!

Disclaimer: I'm a Bengals fan
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 05:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't think he's worried at all. I believe he'd be happier unemployed than working for the Browns.

I believe the Saints are looking for a D Coordinator.... Which leads to a Rob Ryan reunion in cleveland lol j/k on the latter
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 05:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't think he's worried at all. I believe he'd be happier unemployed than working for the Browns.

You may have a point there.

They all think they can be the one when they get there and then leave thinking no one can be the one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
How come only 1 person noticed this is the effing onion and one questionable reply "seriously...?" about the same fact? lol wtf.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 08:41 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How come only 1 person noticed this is the effing onion and one questionable reply "seriously...?" about the same fact? lol wtf.

Sometimes it's funnier to watch The Onion's humor fly over a lot of heads here than the actual article itself  Cool
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
The best part about the onion is watching people miss the satire. I didn't think that anyone had not heard of the onion now though...the suckers are becoming fewer and fewer.

Don't take it personal tswigz, I've seen folks fall for much worse. The anonymous kidney donor? My ex-girlfriend made a 10 paragraph post on Facebook about how stupid everyone was for not realizing the guy was a murderer, all while everyone was roasting her for not seeing the satire. It was bad.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 09:27 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Sometimes it's funnier to watch The Onion's humor fly over a lot of heads here than the actual article itself  Cool

It's always the funniest part about it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 10:11 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The best part about the onion is watching people miss the satire.  I didn't think that anyone had not heard of the onion now though...the suckers are becoming fewer and fewer.

Don't take it personal tswigz, I've seen folks fall for much worse.  The anonymous kidney donor?  My ex-girlfriend made a 10 paragraph post on Facebook about how stupid everyone was for not realizing the guy was a murderer, all while everyone was roasting her for not seeing the satire.  It was bad.

You didn't tell her? Oh man I bet you was piling it on LOL
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
When people take the Onion seriously its kinda one of those cringe moments...
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 10:11 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The best part about the onion is watching people miss the satire.  I didn't think that anyone had not heard of the onion now though...the suckers are becoming fewer and fewer.

Don't take it personal tswigz, I've seen folks fall for much worse.  The anonymous kidney donor?  My ex-girlfriend made a 10 paragraph post on Facebook about how stupid everyone was for not realizing the guy was a murderer, all while everyone was roasting her for not seeing the satire.  It was bad.

I think the onion should be shut down.  It serves NO purpose other than to spread falsehoods which surprisingly stick.  I just don't get why it even exists.  I guess making fun of people is funny, but I've never thought so.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 10:16 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I think the onion should be shut down.  It serves NO purpose other than to spread falsehoods which surprisingly stick.  I just don't get why it even exists.  I guess making fun of people is funny, but I've never thought so.

Because sometimes the hilarity of satire is the clearest method of communicating a story.  It's extremely effective.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 10:16 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I think the onion should be shut down.  It serves NO purpose other than to spread falsehoods which surprisingly stick.  I just don't get why it even exists.  I guess making fun of people is funny, but I've never thought so.

Its basically "The Daily Show" on a web page.... People find humor in it, so it exists..
Reply/Quote