Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Tannebuam Thinks Sewell Is "Necessary" And "Easy"
(04-08-2021, 06:20 PM)pulses Wrote: Jaelon Darden Johnathon Adams and  Dazz Newsome and Josh Imatorbhebhe

just to name a few later on I would much rather have than Coxie.

Really... after shitting on Elijah Moore you want:

Jaelon Darden 5'9"

and

Dazz Newsome 5'11"

I thought little guys can't play?

Bro pick a lane and stay in it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 06:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Reality... how many guys at that height get drafted or even play well in college.

So when you find a guy that is 5'9" and plays at that high of a level in a power 5 conference you have to accept he is special.

It's just narrowminded people who want to be like... he's not 6'4" he can't play outside. Again.. Ja'Marr Chase is "listed" at 6'0". Would like to see what he would have been measured at the combine not his Pro Day.

If he comes in at 5'11" I'm pretty sure everyone would be like... "oh no worries, short guys can succeed outside" but since it doesn't back your argument stance... short guys can't do it.

If you can play, you can play. That's it. 

Playing outside in college and the NFL is totally different though. Much bigger and stronger and smarter guys will eat a lot of those smaller guys up. MY preference has been to take Pitts in 1 and then OL in 2 or take OL in 1 and then WR in 2.   I'd be perfectly fine with Sewell in 1 and Wallace in 2. I also would be prefectly fine with Pitts in 1 and Leatherwood in 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 06:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Really... after shitting on Elijah Moore you want:

Jaelon Darden 5'9"

and

Dazz Newsome 5'11"

I didn't shit on Elijah Moore I said he's not an OUTSIDE wr in the nfl their is a difference...
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 06:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Really... after shitting on Elijah Moore you want:

Jaelon Darden 5'9"

and

Dazz Newsome 5'11"

You're obviously blind because i've been pimping Darden out for MONTHS.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 03:41 PM)pulses Wrote: Rondale Moore and Elijah Moore are good players but not outside weapons. We need an outside guy.  Dyami Brown,Tylan Wallace,Bateman(if there). Nico Collins possibly. It's ok to draft a smaller guy but we need an outside guy 1st preferably. You can draft a smaller guy like Darden or NEwsome or someone else later on.

(04-08-2021, 06:37 PM)pulses Wrote: You're obviously blind because i've been pimping Darden out for MONTHS.

So if we need an outside guy.... why are you pimping Darden who is based on his height, not an outside guy in your eyes?

Like I said in my earlier post, you take either Moore in round 2 and plug them in with the 4 WR sets we run with Higgins and Tate on the outside.

If you take Josh Imatorbhebhe in round 6 after either Moore at 38 you now have a tall outside guy on each side and two shifty guys underneath.

I have no issue with Darden or Moore or Moore or Brown or any WR in this class, there is so much depth and it is why we can skip on WR in round 1.

Again... Rondale Moore and Elijah Moore will be good NFL WRs. They fit the need we have to stretch the field and create separation. We run 4 wide sets more then anything, so you can toss the traditional roles out the window.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 06:20 PM)pulses Wrote: Jaelon Darden Johnathon Adams and  Dazz Newsome and Josh Imatorbhebhe

just to name a few later on I would much rather have than Coxie.

Meh, Adams is a bit too choppy and deliberate for me. He doesn't look or feel the part. I think his problem with telegraphing routes will hurt him even more as a pro. To use an analogy, he's the kind of player who "reads directly from his cue cards" when he's delivering a "presentation", rather than seeing the big picture and using the notes as merely a guide from which to problem-solve, adapt and connect with his "audience" (which is the real goal). We need someone who can improvise under pressure like that, which is another reason I vastly prefer guys like Coxie.

Imatorbhebhe is one of my fav names and least fav prospects lol. I’m not surprised you like him- he’s a track star, not so much a football player. His tape scares me because too often it shows him getting bullied and curled up in the fetal position by the end of the game. That will destroy him in in the AFCN imo. His route-running is notoriously one-dimensional and he’ll be learning all those steps and tactics on the fly... in the pros. No thanks.

I noticed Dazz Newsome is the flavor of the month now- good to see lol. He doesn’t have the kind of fast-twitch that I’d associate with CoP wideouts, though. He also plays exclusively in the slot, where we don’t offer as many touches anymore. I would’ve liked to have seen him do more behind the LOS; granted it’s easier said than done when you’re playing alongside MC and Javonte Williams. Still, it’s not a good omen that he was the fourth option as a senior. And UNC didn’t really use him to stretch the field like they used to (six targets for two catches on 20+ yard pass plays in 2020). It's strange that you would pick him over Coxie of all people, since he tested just as poorly, is four inches shorter, and plays slower than his measurements. But to each his own. He does have good hands, though, which should serve him well. We also need a return guy and he's done some of that. But I see Eskridge and Schwartz as better targets there, or Powell for a solid possession-type. They're all slated for Day 3.

Darden won’t be around in R6 so it’s a bit of an apples and oranges comp. But he’s 5’9” if you didn’t know, so you might want to change your criteria. Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 06:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So if we need an outside guy.... why are you pimping Darden who is based on his height, not an outside guy in your eyes?

Like I said in my earlier post, you take either Moore in round 2 and plug them in with the 4 WR sets we run with Higgins and Tate on the outside.

If you take Josh Imatorbhebhe in round 6 after either Moore at 38 you now have a tall outside guy on each side and two shifty guys underneath.

I have no issue with Darden or Moore or Moore or Brown or any WR in this class, there is so much depth and it is why we can skip on WR in round 1.

Again... Rondale Moore and Elijah Moore will be good NFL WRs. They fit the need we have to stretch the field and create separation. We run 4 wide sets more then anything, so you can toss the traditional roles out the window.
I never said Darden was an outside guy and I've also been saying for weeks we need to DOUBLE DIP at WR in this draft. Draft an outside guy 1st and an inside guy later on.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 08:24 PM)pulses Wrote: I never said Darden was an outside guy and I've also been saying for weeks we need to DOUBLE DIP at WR in this draft. Draft an outside guy 1st and an inside guy later on.

I'm all in on the double dip at WR. To me you take the best one available at 38 knowing you can find both inside and outside guys later. 

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 08:05 PM)tms Wrote: Meh, Adams is a bit too choppy and deliberate for me. He doesn't look or feel the part. I think his problem with telegraphing routes will hurt him even more as a pro. To use an analogy, he's the kind of player who "reads directly from his cue cards" when he's delivering a "presentation", rather than seeing the big picture and using the notes as merely a guide from which to problem-solve, adapt and connect with his "audience" (which is the real goal). We need someone who can improvise under pressure like that, which is another reason I vastly prefer guys like Coxie.

Imatorbhebhe is one of my fav names and least fav prospects lol. I’m not surprised you like him- he’s a track star, not so much a football player. His tape scares me because too often it shows him getting bullied and curled up in the fetal position by the end of the game. That will destroy him in in the AFCN imo. His route-running is notoriously one-dimensional and he’ll be learning all those steps and tactics on the fly... in the pros. No thanks.

I noticed Dazz Newsome is the flavor of the month now- good to see lol. He doesn’t have the kind of fast-twitch that I’d associate with CoP wideouts, though. He also plays exclusively in the slot, where we don’t offer as many touches anymore. I would’ve liked to have seen him do more behind the LOS; granted it’s easier said than done when you’re playing alongside MC and Javonte Williams. Still, it’s not a good omen that he was the fourth option as a senior. And UNC didn’t really use him to stretch the field like they used to (six targets for two catches on 20+ yard pass plays in 2020). It's strange that you would pick him over Coxie of all people, since he tested just as poorly, is four inches shorter, and plays slower than his measurements. But to each his own. He does have good hands, though, which should serve him well. We also need a return guy and he's done some of that. But I see Eskridge and Schwartz as better targets there, or Powell for a solid possession-type. They're all slated for Day 3.

Darden won’t be around in R6 so it’s a bit of an apples and oranges comp. But he’s 5’9” if you didn’t know, so you might want to change your criteria. Wink
Don't need to change any criteria I never stated Darden was an outside WR did I? But he'll be a good slot WR and would be a good 4th or 5th wr for us starting out. As for the other WR's you mentioned everybody likes someone different sometimes and their is nothing wrong with that. I like Eskridge and Schwartz as well(Eskridge better) Schwartz needs to learn how to run better routes.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 08:27 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm all in on the double dip at WR. To me you take the best one available at 38 knowing you can find both inside and outside guys later. 

He hasn't been getting any love on here but my favorite at 38 is Tylan Wallace and then after that it is Dyami Brown.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 08:29 PM)pulses Wrote: He hasn't been getting any love on here but my favorite at 38 is Tylan Wallace and then after that it is Dyami Brown.

Wallace looks solid.

Dyami is actually my favorite WR in this entire draft. 
Watching him play I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years he is viewed as the best from this class. 

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 08:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wallace looks solid.

Watching him play I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years he is viewed as the best from this class. 

Dyami can run all the routes he just did what was asked of him at UNC.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 08:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wallace looks solid.

I'm not a Wallace fan and wouldnt reach for Brown in the 2nd....Now Ihmir Smith-Marsette in the 3rd would be a perfect fit as the number 3 with Boyd and Higgins. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 10:30 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not a Wallace fan and wouldnt reach for Brown in the 2nd....Now Ihmir Smith-Marsette as a in the 3rd would be a perfect fit as the number 3 with Boyd and Higgins. 

Do you think Brown makes it to 3? 

Everything I've seen has him going in the mid 40's to early 50's.

Smith-Marsette isn't getting any hype or coverage from what I've seen. How did his Pro Day go?

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 01:04 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How is Dyami Brown a big no???

Guy had back to back 1000 yard seasons in a good conference with less the great QB play. Imagine what he could be with two other guys taking the pressure off him (Boyd and Higgins) and a really good QB throwing to him in Burrow. 

His NFL Comparison: CeeDee Lamb

That would be a great addition to the team. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up being one of the best WR's in this class. 

Here is a report on Brown:

“Dyami Brown to me was the one out of all the guys in the draft that I just watched and went, ‘Woah. Who’s this guy?’ … Acceleration, top-notch. Top-end speed. It’s Odell Beckham, Jr. with the ball in the air type speed. He has another gear. There’s nobody that could run with this kid.”
What are you talking about with UNC's quarterback play? Howell is going to be a top 10 pick next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 10:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Do you think Brown makes it to 3? 

Smith-Marsette isn't getting any hype or coverage from what I've seen. How did his Pro Day go?

Ihmir Smith-Marsette projects as that prototype Z receiver the Bengals are missing. The vertical threat but also has that gadget play capability in him end arounds/jet sweeps or WR screens.

On his pro day he had a 1.44 10 yard split which is insane explosion off the line. For comparison Tyreek Hills 10 yard split was 1.51.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 10:45 PM)Synric Wrote: Ihmir Smith-Marsette projects as that prototype Z receiver the Bengals are missing. The vertical threat but also has that gadget play capability in him end arounds/jet sweeps or WR screens.

On his pro day he had a 1.44 10 yard split which is insane explosion off the line. For comparison Tyreek Hills 10 yard split was 1.51.

Would be a welcome addition then since Taylor certainly likes to call those type of plays with guys that can't run them such as Erickson. If he is there in 3 what are you doing at 1 and 2? Pitts - OL - Smith? Or Sewell - ??? - Smith?

Reply/Quote

Wide receiver Ihmir Smith-Marsette, who missed the Senior Bowl with an ankle injury, measured in at 6-feet-0.5-inch and 181 pounds. He had a laser time, as fast as 4.43 seconds in the 40-yard dash, with a 10 yard split of 1.47 seconds. His other marks included 37 inches in the vertical jump, 10-feet-4-inches in the board, and a short shuttle of 4.20 seconds. His three-cone was clocked at 7 seconds flat.
Reply/Quote

Dyami Brown won't make it to 3 and he's better than Marsette. Id' take Wallace before Marsette as well but we've shown interest in Marsette and I would be happy with him at some point.
Reply/Quote
Feel like our need at WR is making people put some of these WRs in earlier rounds than they belong
Reply/Quote