Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Tannebuam Thinks Sewell Is "Necessary" And "Easy"
(04-08-2021, 11:34 PM)pulses Wrote: Dyami Brown won't make it to 3 and he's better than Marsette. Id' take Wallace before Marsette as well but we've shown interest in Marsette and I would be happy with him at some point.

I am not a Tylan Wallace fan at all. He is an X without the size or burst off the line in a air raid system that forces teams to give him a free release.

I believe I was the first person to bring Dyami Brown to people's attention on this board but I still have an early 3rd round grade on him and would consider it a big reach at #38.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 09:45 PM)Synric Wrote: I am not a Tylan Wallace fan at all. He is an X without the size or burst off the line in a air raid system that forces teams to give him a free release.

I believe I was the first person to bring Dyami Brown to people's attention on this board but I still have an early 3rd round grade on him and would consider it a big reach at #38.

He came in at 5'11 194 he's basically the same size as Dyami Brown so you can use size against him LMAO. If you've watched enough film on Wallace you'd know he can actually run routes and get open and makes the contested catches as easily as Brown does. And just because you don't like him doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good fit for our team. And they both had about the exact same 40 time as well. From everything i've saw Brown is a top 50 prospect right now so at 38 is not a terrible reach for a position of need IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 12:02 AM)pulses Wrote: He came in at 5'11 194 he's basically the same size as Dyami Brown so you can use size against him LMAO. If you've watched enough film on Wallace you'd know he can actually run routes and get open and makes the contested catches as easily as Brown does. And just because you don't like him doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good fit for our team. And they both had about the exact same 40 time as well. From everything i've saw Brown is a top 50 prospect right now so at 38 is not a terrible reach for a position of need IMO.

Dyami Brown is explosive he gets to his high 4.4 speed quickly off the line and at the stem. Tylan Wallace is the opposite he builds up to a 4.4 speed. That is the huge difference between them. Brown's issue is also that spread without alot of press and he has less value as a jump ball receiver as even alot worst prospect as Wallace. 

Brown lacks the size and straight line speed but has solid burst in and out of his breaks. I believe he will be a solid Z/Slot or most likely a reserve. As a WVU fan I have watched alot of Tylan Wallace and wouldnt touch him with a 10 fit pole.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 12:12 AM)Synric Wrote: Dyami Brown is explosive he gets to his high 4.4 speed quickly off the line and at the stem. Tylan Wallace is the opposite he builds up to a 4.4 speed. That is the huge difference between them. Brown's issue is also that spread without alot of press and he has less value as a jump ball receiver as even alot worst prospect as Wallace. 

Brown lacks the size and straight line speed but has solid burst in and out of his breaks. I believe he will be a solid Z/Slot or most likely a reserve. As a WVU fan I have watched alot of Tylan Wallace and wouldnt touch him with a 10 fit pole.
One man's opinion on WallaceThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
There's a WR from LSU that posted a 4.38 forty and a 39" vert...who runs good routes and is bigger (6'3") than Chase.

This guy should be available with our 2nd round pick, and suits our needs perfectly.

That's my dream scenario. Take Sewell, then Marshall. Also pick up Moss, who just got cut.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 06:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There's a WR from LSU that posted a 4.38 forty and a 39" vert...who runs good routes and is bigger (6'3") than Chase.

This guy should be available with our 2nd round pick, and suits our needs perfectly.

That's my dream scenario. Take Sewell, then Marshall. Also pick up Moss, who just got cut.

He might not be there at 38.

If they do take Sewell at #5...   I would have absolutely no problem of them moving that 38 up to get Marshall.

I wouldn't do it if they took Pitts though.  They need to get OT or interior O-lineman there if that's the scenario.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 08:33 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He might not be there at 38.

If they do take Sewell at #5...   I would have absolutely no problem of them moving that 38 up to get Marshall.

I wouldn't do it if they took Pitts though.  They need to get OT or interior O-lineman there if that's the scenario.

I still see a lot if sites listing him as a 2nd rounder, often slotting him to the Ravens in the middle of the round.

That said, I'm fine with moving up to nab him. It's a perfect fit and allows us to nab the guy we probably should at #5.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 06:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There's a WR from LSU that posted a 4.38 forty and a 39" vert...who runs good routes and is bigger (6'3") than Chase.

I'm with ya. My dream outcome since bowl season has been R1 - Penei, R2 - Marshall, R3 - Davis/Humphrey/Perkins. It's remarkable how often the same scenario has cycled from "likely" to "unlikely" and back- without any games being played. I can't wait for this ride to be over. I am nauseous. :)

Marshall's availability at 38 is the big wild card, as you know. His current draft slot across the six mocks that I'm tracking (PFF, PFN, TDN, NFLN, McShay, Walter) ranges from 26 to 58, and the average is 37.8. That doesn't mean anything in and of itself but still makes me giggle.  Wink

I also think that we're in a bit of a precarious position in R2 for the same reason that we're safe in R1: we could go either OL or WR. In R2, we'll be going the other way by default and it'll be an open secret, especially if we pick Penei at #5. So even if Marshall survives the first, we'll be among the most vulnerable teams early in the second, bound to get hopped.

There are obviously a lot of ifs in this scenario, but the more I think about it, the more it seems that the only way we can expect to land him is by trading up. I'd be laying the foundation for those talks right now, and targeting a team like the Jets at 34... or maybe as high as our dear friends in Buffalo at 30.

These are tricky trades to make, though- and we're not exactly known for making them.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 12:29 AM)tms Wrote: I'm with ya. My dream outcome since bowl season has been R1 - Penei, R2 - Marshall, R3 - Davis/Humphrey/Perkins. It's remarkable how often the same scenario has cycled from "likely" to "unlikely" and back- without any games being played. I can't wait for this ride to be over. I am nauseous. :)

Marshall's availability at 38 is the big wild card, as you know. His current draft slot across the six mocks that I'm tracking (PFF, PFN, TDN, NFLN, McShay, Walter) ranges from 26 to 58, and the average is 37.8. That doesn't mean anything in and of itself but still makes me giggle.  Wink

I also think that we're in a bit of a precarious position in R2 for the same reason that we're safe in R1: we could go either OL or WR. In R2, we'll be going the other way by default and it'll be an open secret, especially if we pick Penei at #5. So even if Marshall survives the first, we'll be among the most vulnerable teams early in the second, bound to get hopped.

There are obviously a lot of ifs in this scenario, but the more I think about it, the more it seems that the only way we can expect to land him is by trading up. I'd be laying the foundation for those talks right now, and targeting a team like the Jets at 34... or maybe as high as our dear friends in Buffalo at 30.

These are tricky trades to make, though- and we're not exactly known for making them.

I agree with everything you posted here.

If we take Sewell at #5 that 2nd round pick is gonna be tricky.

Our Front Office needs to be on their toes to get Marshall if he's late 1st early 2nd.

It's a huge risk to sit at #38 waiting for him to fall in place.  I'm thinking using a future pick(s) might be the way to go here.

There's of course some BPAs that would be fine but landing Sewell and Marshall would be a huge home run for this organization filling immediate needs.

Getting other O-linemen, LB, and TEs(Jordan/Tremble) can be had in the next picks and contribute at least in depth to those position groups.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 02:24 PM)yang Wrote: I believe Collins and Schwartz are outside the WR metrics the Bengals would even draft.  I of the opinion that if you don't get a WR at 5 you might not get one at all and if you do it's someone that is going to fight to make the roster as a 4th WR.  And if not, we are really going to be screwed. 

No we will be screwed if burrow isn’t protected again. Sewell is a lock to be a stud. If u don’t draft Sewell u leave it up to Tobin and staff trying to land a good offensive lineman later which they fail to do bust after bust after bust. In every draft there are gonna be these flashy studs like chase and Pitts etc that get u thinking “what if” and u then forget about what ur biggest need really is. Which is the big uglies which also typically isn’t the sexy pick or the fun pick but the necessary pick. This franchise needs to grow up and take Sewell. It’s a big mans game in the toughest blue collar division I think it’s time we start getting big and nasty and stop being the ***** cats. There wasn’t one time last year watching our offense did I say to myself “man we really need another wide receiver”. However I can remember a million times saying “man our offensive line is the worst in the league and it needs to be fixed ASAP or burrow is gonna die”. I remember that vividly. Go Sewell and see how the rest of the draft falls. But get Sewell and forget about it.
Reply/Quote
This is my problem with the national media is that they have no idea what there talking about. Everyone says we need to go offensive line based off need is extra silly.

1.) The Bengals have a pretty good starting Tackle combination with Rieff and Williams. Both guys were graded over 70 by PFF last season. It wouldn't be a shock if the Bengals end up with a top 10 OT combination at years end.

2.) Boyd and Higgens were both on pace to finish the season over 1000 yards. Again it wouldn't be a shock if the Bengals end up with a top 10 WR combo at the end of next season. While a deep threat at WR would be nice it also is more of a want than a need at this point.

3.) The biggest need on offensive line is IOL.

4.)The Defense needs major work still.
A.) We were dead last in sacks and TFLs last season.
B.) We lost an elite pass rusher and a number 1 CB in the off season.
C.) We blew 3 games last season because of poor Defense. Colts, Eagles, and the Browns home game. If you want to keep Joe healthy then build a Defense that can close the other team out and force game changing turnovers. Part of the reason why Joe averaged 40 attempts is because we were always in a shootout last season.

Truth is the best option for the Bengals is to trade the pick and get more draft capital. The difference between Sewell and the other OTs are slim. Same can be said with Chase vs the other Wrs. The only truly elite talent disparity is with Pitts vs the other TEs and yet the Bengals do not seem interested in adding a TE.
Its a deep draft at WR, OT, CB, and 3T if you can get multiple 2nd RD + 3rd RD picks in this draft along with a future 1st RD pick then I hope the Duke takes the deal.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 10:45 PM)Synric Wrote: Ihmir Smith-Marsette projects as that prototype Z receiver the Bengals are missing. The vertical threat but also has that gadget play capability in him end arounds/jet sweeps or WR screens.

On his pro day he had a 1.44 10 yard split which is insane explosion off the line. For comparison Tyreek Hills 10 yard split was 1.51.

(04-08-2021, 11:32 PM)pulses Wrote: Wide receiver Ihmir Smith-Marsette, who missed the Senior Bowl with an ankle injury, measured in at 6-feet-0.5-inch and 181 pounds. He had a laser time, as fast as 4.43 seconds in the 40-yard dash, with a 10 yard split of 1.47 seconds. His other marks included 37 inches in the vertical jump, 10-feet-4-inches in the board, and a short shuttle of 4.20 seconds. His three-cone was clocked at 7 seconds flat.

I keep forgetting about Smith-Marsette. Definitely for this guy in the 3rd...
Reply/Quote