Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Williams
Ok I know WR isn't our biggest need but if he is there when we pick I wouldn't be bad if we got him, would you? Could you imagine Green and Williams together with Boyd in the slot?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 10:35 AM)Trademark Wrote: Ok I know WR isn't our biggest need but if he is there when we pick I wouldn't be bad if we got him, would you? Could you imagine Green and Williams together with Boyd in the slot?

Did I hear the announcers correct when they said he broke his neck last year? I dunno man.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 10:35 AM)Trademark Wrote: Ok I know WR isn't our biggest need but if he is there when we pick I wouldn't be bad if we got him, would you? Could you imagine Green and Williams together with Boyd in the slot?

I would love the pick, I was already definitely on board with it. The game last night sealed the deal, guy should be a top 10 pick for sure. I'd be thrilled if we snagged him at 9.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be down with talking a dominant WR. They cost more than we will pay in free agency.

While Green isn't old by any stretch...he will be 29 when next season starts. Getting a young guy like Williams who should be hitting his stride in a few seasons when AJ starts to slow down would be huge.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 10:38 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Did I hear the announcers correct when they said he broke his neck last year? I dunno man.

Yeah I think he was the one that went into the FG post going up for a pass. Seems like he's back to himself, took a beating last night and played through and made a big impact 
Reply/Quote
If he's there, they should take him. Dalton plays better when he has a girth of weapons. I know he played well without AJ and company a few games this past year... But, yeah, take him
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My only concern is that WR's generally take a few years to develop. Of course, he'd be the 1st WR taken so maybe he is one of the rare ones that come in and get 1000 yards as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
I think I would pass and take Leggett in the 3rd or 4th if he's there.
Reply/Quote
I was not in favor of a WR in first round until I watched the game last night.

Williams would be perfect protection down the road as AJ ages out and having both of them would be pretty amazing.

This kid could be dominant.
Reply/Quote
I think we have too many needs for a wideout pick in the 1st. That's a luxury at this point. If we go luxury we might as well go RB. At least there's a need with Hill possibly cut and Gio not returning until mid season 2017. And I'm not sold on Williams as I've seen a lot of Clemson games and he's just a guy most of the games I've seen.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
That would depend on who else is there at the time.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:35 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think we have too many needs for a wideout pick in the 1st. That's a luxury at this point. If we go luxury we might as well go RB. At least there's a need with Hill possibly cut and Gio not returning until mid season 2017. And I'm not sold on Williams as I've seen a lot of Clemson games and he's just a guy most of the games I've seen.

I doubt that Hill is cut...but I agree...if Fournette is there, I think we have to look long and hard at him.

Look what Elliot did for the Cowboys offense. Of course, they have a great offensive line too.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:47 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I doubt that Hill is cut...but I agree...if Fournette is there, I think we have to look long and hard at him.

Look what Elliot did for the Cowboys offense. Of course, they have a great offensive line too.

Fournette is not Elliot and we are not the cowboys. Fournette isn't in the same world as Elliot in pass protection and our line is not close tot he cowboys. Elliot is not a good example of what taking a HB top 10 does for a team in recent history. Go look at other top 10 HBs and then think about it. Oh and add on there that Fournette as a chronic ankle issue that may effect him his whole career.
Reply/Quote
He's a suitor!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: Fournette is not Elliot and we are not the cowboys. Fournette isn't in the same world as Elliot in pass protection and our line is not close tot he cowboys. Elliot is not a good example of what taking a HB top 10 does for a team in recent history. Go look at other top 10 HBs and then think about it. Oh and add on there that Fournette as a chronic ankle issue that may effect him his whole career.

Yeah, if I go RB at 9, I go Cook, no contest.

Reply/Quote
Gonna be tough to get Williams and Green the ball playing behind our current o-line. Much rather build the trenches on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:08 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Gonna be tough to get Williams and Green the ball playing behind our current o-line. Much rather build the trenches on both sides of the ball.

True that.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:08 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Gonna be tough to get Williams and Green the ball playing behind our current o-line. Much rather build the trenches on both sides of the ball.

When you have two guys that have the talent of them it helps you. You need to keep safety help over top which starts to limit the coverages you can see. Add in Eiffert and it actually will put the rush at bay a bit outside of the standard 4 man rush, which that can be negated a bit with a HB to chip and release.
Reply/Quote
I did like Williams ability to go up and get the ball and contorting his body to get position in the air.

However, I would only take him under one condition: we solve our line issues via FA first. Currently, I like our first pick going DL/DE like Derek Barnett or one of the Alabama DL, but if we sign say JPP or someone else who can upgrade MJ or Peko then I would be okay getting Williams with our #9 pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:19 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: I did like Williams ability to go up and get the ball and contorting his body to get position in the air.

However, I would only take him under one condition: we solve our line issues via FA first. Currently, I like our first pick going DL/DE like Derek Barnett or one of the Alabama DL, but if we sign say JPP or someone else who can upgrade MJ or Peko then I would be okay getting Williams with our #9 pick.

see I've been doing my mocks based on 2 2nd round draft picks since I think we get a second for mccarron at least so I go Mike Williams demarcus Walker pat elflien in first 2 rounds.
Reply/Quote