Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minter and Bengals linebackers
(08-13-2017, 10:43 PM)McC Wrote: And which of our draft picks would you have used to take him?  Just saying.

Foster had some red flags pop up too at the combine.

When you pick Top 10...a WR moves the needle of overall talent on a team than a LB. This means that if BOTH become stars...I'd want the star WR over the LB.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 09:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Purple Rain said Thomas Howard...and there was also Nate Webster, who is in prison now...

I agreed with Howard. I disagree with Webster.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 09:47 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Minter and the LBs will be fine. It was 1 series in the first preseason game. Sheesh!

Minter is going to be more of a run stopping player (Maualuga role) while Burfict and Vigil will be the regular down guys. The Bengals play with only 2 LBs on the field quite a bit because they run the nickel a ton. Look for that to be a combination of two between Burfict + Vigil or Rey most of the time.

Yeah and Minter is still getting his feet wet. He will get better in coverage.

I really like Jordan Evans though i must say, i think he could be a steal and a great ST Linebacker.

Nice pick for Simmons to work with at the very least.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 11:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Foster had some red flags pop up too at the combine.

When you pick Top 10...a WR moves the needle of overall talent on a team than a LB. This means that if BOTH become stars...I'd want the star WR over the LB.

For sure and Foster is a little Linebacker. Teenie weenie LB.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 03:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure and Foster is a little Linebacker. Teenie weenie LB.

How do you know? Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 03:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: How do you know? Hilarious

Whatever
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 09:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Purple Rain said Thomas Howard...and there was also Nate Webster, who is in prison now...

Nate Webster fits the criteria; although, he never really worked out for us, Personally I would also consider Dhani Jones who was only 29 when we signed him. Rashad Jeanty and Brandon Johnson gave us 4 goods years of service. 

Couple other failures were:
Anthony Schlegel
Corey Mays (actually had a good year with KC after we cut him)
Edgerton Hartwell
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If we are going to excuse the D because "preseason, vanilla, etc" then i suppose it's only fair to do the same on the other side and continue to remain scared shitless about our O'line Ninja

A pressure or 2 would have been nice, no? Mellow

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 04:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nate Webster fits the criteria; although, he never really worked out for us, Personally I would also consider Dhani Jones who was only 29 when we signed him. Rashad Jeanty and Brandon Johnson gave us 4 goods years of service. 

Anthony Schlegel
Edgerton Hartwell

That's a damn "fine" memory you have there, my friend.  Once you get out of rep prison, I owe you a ton of rep... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 05:28 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If we are going to excuse the D because "preseason, vanilla, etc" then i suppose it's only fair to do the same on the other side and continue to remain scared shitless about our O'line Ninja

A pressure or 2 would have been nice, no? Mellow

Not really the same thing at all. 

There's a difference between fundamental issues from a technique stand point and running basic cover zones because you aren't going to put blitz packages and shifts on tape in the preseason. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 04:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nate Webster fits the criteria; although, he never really worked out for us, Personally I would also consider Dhani Jones who was only 29 when we signed him. Rashad Jeanty and Brandon Johnson gave us 4 goods years of service. 

Anthony Schlegel
Edgerton Hartwell

Nate Rape Webster and Dhani Jones Arm Tackles the World both neeeded to be upgraded while the were in Cincy. Both fair to middlin'.

I guess I should have specified in their prime and above average before fred gets on here under another pseudonym to include Ghiaciuc to the list of players who played for the Bengals in their prime.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 01:12 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I have high hope for Evans, maybe too high but I think he's going to turn some heads if givin the chance. Thought we had a steal in Dawson, not so much anymore. Hell im still not over Thurman. Damn that guy could have been awesome.

If Minter's problem is being too slow, that is not a problem Evans will have.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 11:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Foster had some red flags pop up too at the combine.

Ehh, I'm not so sure that I completely agree with you on that assessment.  I think that you have to take each situation individually, and weight the outcome and benefit to the teams involved.  For example, Urlacher moved the talent needle much higher than any WR could have, at the time.  Same goes with Keuchly on the Panthers, Killer on the Ravens, etc..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's all what a team values. The Bengals don't seem to value LB, C, and G.

They do seem to value WR and RB.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 09:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's all what a team values. The Bengals don't seem to value LB, C, and G.

They do seem to value WR and RB.

Dont forget first round corners they can just never play 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 07:27 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Not really the same thing at all. 

There's a difference between fundamental issues from a technique stand point and running basic cover zones because you aren't going to put blitz packages and shifts on tape in the preseason. 

I was talking about TB's defense also playing "preseason, vanilla". 

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 10:19 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I was talking about TB's defense also playing "preseason, vanilla". 

My bad. Misread. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 08:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Nate Rape Webster and Dhani Jones Arm Tackles the World both neeeded to be upgraded while the were in Cincy. Both fair to middlin'.

I guess I should have specified in their prime and above average before fred gets on here under another pseudonym to include Ghiaciuc to the list of players who played for the Bengals in their prime.

Not sure what Ghiacuc or Fred have to do with the topic at hand. I was simply pointing out to SHR some other younger LBs we have signed.

IMO, Marvin doesn't go all in on the LB position because he considers himself a LB whisperer. He can make anyone a good LB because he struck gold in Balt. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 10:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure what Ghiacuc or Fred have to do with the topic at hand. I was simply pointing out to SHR some other younger LBs we have signed.

IMO, Marvin doesn't go all in on the LB position because he considers himself a LB whisperer. He can make anyone a good LB because he struck gold in Balt. 

Yeah, two of Mike Brown's gems. One with a history of domestic violence who is in prison for sexually assaulting the underage daughter of a Bengals coach. The other past his prime signed to a cheap FA deal and kept for too long to prove to other players if they too accept a cheap deal they will be paid in the last years of their contract even though their play doesn't merit it.

I mentioned Ghiacuic because I thought you were listing average players who played during the prime of their averageness.

Maybe Marvin doesn't go all in with LBers because of his success with Pollock, Thurman, and Rivers?
Reply/Quote
If Ray lewis didnt get drafted by Baltimore not sure where Marvin would be. Lewis got every defensive coordinator promoted to head coaches. And all were considered defensive genius cause of Lewis. N Boulware too i guess.
Reply/Quote