Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minter says joining Bengals 'just felt right'
Speaking of the 2009 draft, whatever happened to Jonathan Luigs? I thought he was going to be our center of the future but did he ever see the field? Hell, did he even make the roster??
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 05:04 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Fun fact, we had Jackson as our #1 RB on the board. The Rams called and offered up their 1st and 4th for us to drop back 2 spots. Marvin and Co. felt like they could still nab Jackson. Low and behold, the Rams took him.

Sad Don't remind us!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 05:21 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Speaking of the 2009 draft, whatever happened to Jonathan Luigs? I thought he was going to be our center of the future but did he ever see the field? Hell, did he even make the roster??

According to this, hip injuries did him in: http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2013/oct/21/luigs-reflects-petrino-nfl-career-time-arkansas/?f=sports
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 05:05 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't know anything about the texts, but Hobson is the one who said we were going to take Unger.

Yeah, from Hobson:

"In 2009, before Kyle Cook emerged, the Bengals were looking for a center and Max Unger out of Oregon was there in the second round. But USC linebacker Rey Maualuga was clearly the highest-rated player on the board and they stuck to the grade."

Basically, even though Unger addressed an immediate need, they stuck to their board and took the falling Maualuga instead.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:55 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Damn, really? I don't remember hearing anything about that... Do you have a source?

I don't think so...I will see what I can find.  It was before twitter so I just remember the article and it quoted a player that Marvin texted them that.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 09:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They are called the Bayou Bengals...
I'm still waiting to see a purple and yellow tiger.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 05:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, from Hobson:

"In 2009, before Kyle Cook emerged, the Bengals were looking for a center and Max Unger out of Oregon was there in the second round. But USC linebacker Rey Maualuga was clearly the highest-rated player on the board and they stuck to the grade."

Basically, even though Unger addressed an immediate need, they stuck to their board and took the falling Maualuga instead.

Sick     Sick     Sick
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 12:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I doubt we just stick with the 1 year contract then. We wouldn't just be handing over the headset to a 1 year man.

Look for us to work on an extension before the season comes around.

Really love this pickup! This Defense could be really good now, just cut Maualuga. Said on bengals.com a move should
be made soon to make room for Minter, hopefully this is the move. Maualuga was a nobody last year, lost his hair and
his run Defense.

He was asked about the 1 year deal in the interview and said he expected it to resolve itself rather quickly...
Reply/Quote
If loving the Bengals is wrong, Minter don't wanna be right.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 08:00 PM)McC Wrote: I'm still waiting to see a purple and yellow tiger.

You have to be drinking an awful lot...kind of like most bigfoot sightings.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 05:04 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Oh I certainly trust them too and don't doubt them at all. I just want to see any reports or tweets or whatnot. That's pretty surprising stuff but nothing I doubt. Damn... Unger would have been great. I doubt even PA could have screwed him up. 

We wouldn't be complaining about Center play right now if Unger was here i am sure...

Maualuga has been a decent run stopper for us in the past but clearly Unger would of helped us much more, poor pick.

(03-22-2017, 05:04 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Fun fact, we had Jackson as our #1 RB on the board. The Rams called and offered up their 1st and 4th for us to drop back 2 spots. Marvin and Co. felt like they could still nab Jackson. Low and behold, the Rams took him.

Wow, not that fun, i guess you can't blame Marv as he didn't know Steven would of became the RB he did, but still...

(03-22-2017, 05:05 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't know anything about the texts, but Hobson is the one who said we were going to take Unger.

Too bad he was wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 10:48 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He was asked about the 1 year deal in the interview and said he expected it to resolve itself rather quickly...

Thanks man, Nate likes. Cool
Reply/Quote