Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minter will be starting MLB...
According to Kevin Minter, he will be the starting MLB and will be making the calls on defense...

He also said he wants to stay here long-term and sees himself being in Cincinnati for a while.

Interview by SiriusXM NFL Radio.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 06:18 PM)milksheikh Wrote: According to Kevin Minter, he will be the starting MLB and will be making the calls on defense...

He also said he wants to stay here long-term and sees himself being in Cincinnati for a while.

Interview by SiriusXM NFL Radio.

Hopefully it's a good fit and he works out. Saying he wants to be here long term before even taking a snap is a little premature.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hobson said the same thing, with Vigil being the SLB and Vigil and Burfict in nickel package.
Reply/Quote
Not sure why they haven't cut Maualuga yet. Probably because it'd give them cap space in FA that they might actually be expected to use.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Can we cut the worthless bum maualuga already. Whats taking so long.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 07:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not sure why they haven't cut Maualuga yet. Probably because it'd give them cap space in FA that they might actually be expected to use.

Money wise, does it matter when they cut him?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 07:54 PM)McC Wrote: Money wise, does it matter when they cut him?

Not really because there would be no cap hit or dead money from his contract and they could cut with a June 1st designation now anyways.
Reply/Quote

No, Maualuga's contract has 0$ dead money this year, or last.  They paid him a huge roster bonus his first year of the deal.  They stand to save 3.7M in cap space by cutting him, making the Minter deal only an 800K swing.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 07:12 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hobson said the same thing, with Vigil being the SLB and Vigil and Burfict in nickel package.

Excellent. High time for some changes within the LB unit. Hopefully this works out.
Reply/Quote

No, but if they wait until later, there will be less questions about why the Bengals didn't use the money saved by cutting Maualuga to improve the team.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 08:22 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Not really because there would be no cap hit or dead money from his contract and they could cut with a June 1st designation now anyways.

Okay then.  Yeah, what's taking so long?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 08:40 PM)McC Wrote: Okay then.  Yeah, what's taking so long?

Maybe they're working on a trade with some poor sap in a front office somewhere? Maybe they want to hang on to him for depth? I don't know... I doubt he would be happy taking a backup role. I guess we'll see how this plays out soon enough.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 08:53 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Maybe they're working on a trade with some poor sap in a front office somewhere? Maybe they want to hang on to him for depth? I don't know... I doubt he would be happy taking a backup role. I guess we'll see how this plays out soon enough.

Doubtful, as most teams have GMs that are pretty on top of things.  Even though he's not great, never lived up to his draft hype, Maualuga still deserves a respectful exit from the team.  He's played his entire career here, if any team signs him it will likely be for a vet minimum, or close to it, type of contract.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 09:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Doubtful, as most teams have GMs that are pretty on top of things.  Even though he's not great, never lived up to his draft hype, Maualuga still deserves a respectful exit from the team.  He's played his entire career here, if any team signs him it will likely be for a vet minimum, or close to it, type of contract.

Agreed, a simple:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Glad to see Minter is qoing to make the calls, but I don't see how that's going to work if he's off the field in passing situations.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 09:42 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Agreed, a simple:
[Image: giphy.gif]

Lol, that's quite humorous.  However, Maualuga has been one of those players that draws kids and families to TC, PR events, and such.  He is one of the few that made an amazing image recovery, after his incident with the teenage girls in NKY.  Come to think of it, maybe he should have stayed with drinking, as eating certainly has been his downfall.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 10:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, that's quite humorous.  However, Maualuga has been one of those players that draws kids and families to TC, PR events, and such.  He is one of the few that made an amazing image recovery, after his incident with the teenage girls in NKY.  Come to think of it, maybe he should have stayed with drinking, as eating certainly has been his downfall.

And punching the guy in the bar.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 10:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And punching the guy in the bar.

Well, as long as Ray is a true believer, he should find redemption.

Because you know what coach Lou says about sin, "It's going to happen".

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 08:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, Maualuga's contract has 0$ dead money this year, or last.  They paid him a huge roster bonus his first year of the deal.  They stand to save 3.7M in cap space by cutting him, making the Minter deal only an 800K swing.

I hate to admit it but I like this move. Minter always stood out to me when watching the AZ games. Has speed and a nose for the ball and seems to be intelligent. I see another LB or two in draft and then its aloha to Rey M. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 10:48 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I hate to admit it but I like this move. Minter always stood out to me when watching the AZ games. Has speed and a nose for the ball and seems to be intelligent. I see another LB or two in draft and then its aloha to Rey M. 

I doubt we see the Bengals draft a LB before the 4th round.  I believe that the have already "drafted" their LB, in Minter.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote