Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minter will be starting MLB...
(03-24-2017, 07:37 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Burfict's heading into a contract year, he came in overweight last year and who knows if the team plans to offer him a decent contract.

Minter will also be a free agent next off season.

By 2018 we could see a whole new set of LBers on this team.

We could see a whole new team next year with 26 contracts up next year!!!!!
Hell they had a hard time just trying to get six guys under contract this year!!!!
We lost Whitt, Rex, and Zietler and got back Kirkpatrick, Lafell and Peerman
Just go look at the players that are up next year it's scary to think how many more guys we lose in the next two years!!!
We only have five guys under contract by the year 2020!!
Good teams would try to get some of these guys locked up now instead of waiting for them to hit Free Agency!!
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 06:18 PM)milksheikh Wrote: According to Kevin Minter, he will be the starting MLB and will be making the calls on defense...

He also said he wants to stay here long-term and sees himself being in Cincinnati for a while.

Interview by SiriusXM NFL Radio.

I like it, Minter was the Captain on Defense for the #2 D in the game. The biggest problem with our LB's
last year was them being out of position far too often. This should really help, we should also be much better
in coverage with Vigil, Minter and Burfict out there.

With everyone else, cut Maualuga already. Should happen soon.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 07:43 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Well they thought enough of him to offer him a multi year deal without taking a snap.

multi year? I thought it was only a 1 year deal?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 06:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hasn't Burfict been calling the plays for us?

Yes. Any time Burfict is the on the field, he has the radio helmet.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:01 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: multi year? I thought it was only a 1 year deal?

It is.

Heard they are working on a multi year deal though.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 03:05 PM)The_WiseOne Wrote: We could see a whole new team next year with 26 contracts up next year!!!!!
Hell they had a hard time just trying to get six guys under contract this year!!!!
Just go look at the players that are up next year it's scary to think how many more guys we lose in the next two years!!!
Good teams would try to get some of these guys locked up now instead of waiting for them to hit Free Agency!!

Those contracts are why I still think the team will draft Foster at #9.

They have 3 guys slated to start this year in Burfict, Vigil and Minter. If they all 3 play well, what are the odds they can sign the 2 FA's back? What are the odds all 3 play well and stay healthy? My guess is they'll draft Foster, and offer an extension to Burfict or Minter depending on who takes the team friendly deal, and move forward from there.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is.

Heard they are working on a multi year deal though.

They wanted a multi year deal with Minter, but he opted for a 1 year deal in hopes the market will be better next year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:02 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Yes. Any time Burfict is the on the field, he has the radio helmet.

That's what I thought. Now the obvious follow-up question is this. Are they taking that responsibility from Burfict and giving it to Minter? If so, why?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's what I thought. Now the obvious follow-up question is this. Are they taking that responsibility from Burfict and giving it to Minter? If so, why?

It sounds like they will be taking the radio off of Burfict. As to why? No idea. Perhaps they want Burfict to think less ala Rey Maualuga. Another thought could be something Marvin/NFL related. The MLB is the usual play caller in a lot of defenses.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:41 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It sounds like they will be taking the radio off of Burfict. As to why? No idea. Perhaps they want Burfict to think less ala Rey Maualuga. Another thought could be something Marvin/NFL related. The MLB is the usual play caller in a lot of defenses.

True, but I think Minter has some big shoes to fill. Burfict is like a coach on the field. It's good to have 2 guys capable of doing that though.

Especially with all the games Burfict misses for various reasons.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True, but I think Minter has some big shoes to fill. Burfict is like a coach on the field. It's good to have 2 guys capable of doing that though.

Especially with all the games Burfict misses for various reasons.

No denying that. Burfict did a great job sniffing plays out. I didn't much attention to Minter in Arizona, but I'm guessing he must very smart at diagnosing plays if they're giving him the radio.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:46 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: No denying that. Burfict did a great job sniffing plays out. I didn't much attention to Minter in Arizona, but I'm guessing he must very smart at diagnosing plays if they're giving him the radio.

I'm guessing that played a big role in signing him, so he must be a smart guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: They wanted a multi year deal with Minter, but he opted for a 1 year deal in hopes the market will be better next year.

Huh, well that doesn't make much sense for the team to hand the headset over to a 1 year player.

Atleast doesn't make much sense to me. Shocked

I must be misunderstanding the way Minter is talking. Sounded like they still were working on a longer deal. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Huh, well that doesn't make much sense for the team to hand the headset over to a 1 year player.

Atleast doesn't make much sense to me. Shocked

I must be misunderstanding the way Minter is talking. Sounded like they still were working on a longer deal. Mellow

Minter said he could see himself staying in Cincinnati longer, but that's it.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:59 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Minter said he could see himself staying in Cincinnati longer, but that's it.

Thanks, guess i was assuming too much.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: They wanted a multi year deal with Minter, but he opted for a 1 year deal in hopes the market will be better next year.

Market will be better next year, sounds like code for not going to be back with Cincinnati. Mikey won't play that pay top dollar game. 

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 05:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Market will be better next year, sounds like code for not going to be back with Cincinnati. Mikey won't play that pay top dollar game. 

Yeah, definately tamed me on the signing. Probably will play great and get big dough next year somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 03:05 PM)The_WiseOne Wrote: We could see a whole new team next year with 26 contracts up next year!!!!!

And it's not like LaFell and Peerman were fielding much in the way of offers from other teams either. The falling Bengals were their best offers.

I really don't see how Peerman is going to make the 53 man roster when we're going to bring in 11 new draft picks. He can't really hold down a real RB spot and there's going to a lot of younger guys who can tackle and play specials teams coming in. I was really surprised the team even bothered bringing him back.

Maybe were planning on trading some of our beloved comp picks for future picks.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 03:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like it, Minter was the Captain on Defense for the #2 D in the game. The biggest problem with our LB's
last year was them being out of position far too often. This should really help, we should also be much better
in coverage with Vigil, Minter and Burfict out there.

With everyone else, cut Maualuga already. Should happen soon.

Another problem was Gunther told them to play too many yards off on so many plays. How many times was it 3rd and under 5 but we see hour whole secondary beyond the LOS. He took down and distance to the conservative extreme. It came to a point where you could predict when we would blitz AS A FAN. One thing about Zimmer he was a master at knowing when to sneak a safety blitz in on a drive and ALOT of them got sacks. Gunther could make the Seahawks defense look trash I swear bro.

I will say Burfict helped the cause of getting guys in the right position GREATLY. Flat out we were a different defense with Burfict in. I hope no one forgets that. So him and Minter together is gonna be fun to watch because that's 2 guys who take pride in knowing the playbook in and out AND have the ability to make every tackle or play on the field. Not many teams have a football IQ advantage over us in the linebacking core. Now its a matter of getting the d line solid again like back in the day. Because I trust our secondary to at least not give up big plays
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 11:42 PM)Housh Wrote: Another problem was Gunther told them to play too many yards off on so many plays. How many times was it 3rd and under 5 but we see hour whole secondary beyond the LOS. He took down and distance to the conservative extreme. It came to a point where you could predict when we would blitz AS A FAN. One thing about Zimmer he was a master at knowing when to sneak a safety blitz in on a drive and ALOT of them got sacks. Gunther could make the Seahawks defense look trash I swear bro.

I will say Burfict helped the cause of getting guys in the right position GREATLY. Flat out we were a different defense with Burfict in. I hope no one forgets that. So him and Minter together is gonna be fun to watch because that's 2 guys who take pride in knowing the playbook in and out AND have the ability to make every tackle or play on the field. Not many teams have a football IQ advantage over us in the linebacking core. Now its a matter of getting the d line solid again like back in the day. Because I trust our secondary to at least not give up big plays

this! I saw this in 2015 too. Not sure what kind of defense it was but in the cardinals game it almost looked like he was playing prevent.... And in the playoff loss as well he was playing way off. I like guenther as our d cordinator we could do worse but questionable play calling last 2 years.
Reply/Quote