Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mitt Romney on FACEBOOK
(03-04-2016, 12:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Solid post. If Rubio Drops out then how do you see his supporters breaking out? Trump, Cruz, or Kasich?

I also don't think there is that much difference between trump and Cruz as far as support. Field is just too spread out.

I think Rubio's supporters would go Cruz. You'll have some filter to Trump, but not many.
(03-03-2016, 05:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If he's getting more votes, and I'm willing to bet he finishes this process with more votes and delegates than any other candidate, then he deserves to be the nominee.  Anything other than that is a blatant, and deliberate, corruption of the democratic process.  It merely reaffirms everything Trump has said about the politics of today.

I don't agree with that.  The reason for having to get a certain number to win the nomination by popular vote is precisely a true nominee to emerge.  When there are 3 or 4 splitting the vote and none have a majority you can't say who represents the consensus choice.

If Trump was one-on-one with at least Rubio or Cruz there's a good chance he wouldn't be winning.  But Rubio and Cruz both have viable claims and reasons to continue running.

It's a shortcoming of the process that has rarely happened.  And part of the answer depends on how close Trump gets to the magic number, because certainly in any 1-on-1 scenario he picks up SOME additional delegates.  But how many?  He is not the second choice of hardly anyone not voting for him.
(03-03-2016, 09:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He admits what rubes they are when he said he could shoot a man and they would still follow him.  

Wasn't Trump actually quoting a newspaper writer that said that?  I don't think he made that line up but used it to illustrate how loyal and "great" his followers are.
(03-03-2016, 02:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: In all seriousness Chris Christie flipped so hard in order to endorse Trump he might still be jiggling.   Mellow

:fencing: