Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon 170 mph on Instagram.
(09-13-2023, 01:59 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Joe's stupid for doing it in the first place, and so is everyone else who does it. 

Yep. 

We should have cut him instead of Collins. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 01:47 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: So it's just professional athletes that do this? You're telling me "regular rich people" don't do this?

Yes regular rich people too...money is most common variable with stuff like this. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 12:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not defending Mixon, but Ruggs did this on residential/business streets, not a highway.

There's stupid, then there's literally walking into your own demise, willingly.

I agree, they are completely different situations. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is stupid for a couple of reasons. First being that with his past he doesn’t need to get a reckless driving charge against him and secondly it’s dangerous for his health/career. One blown tire and he could seriously injure himself or worse.
If someone wants to do this on a track or even out in the middle of nowhere by themselves then that’s their choice. I just think it’s dumb for a guy who’s supposed to be a team leader to be doing this and then doubling down on the stupidity by posting it on social media.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 03:14 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This is stupid for a couple of reasons. First being that with his past he doesn’t need to get a reckless driving charge against him and secondly it’s dangerous for his health/career. One blown tire and he could seriously injure himself or worse.  
If someone wants to do this on a track or even out in the middle of nowhere by themselves then that’s their choice. I just think it’s dumb for a guy who’s supposed to be a team leader to be doing this and then doubling down on the stupidity by posting it on social media.

When I read about these the last thing, I worry about is the welfare of the dumbasses doing it on a public highway. I worry about the innocent family that has to share to share the road with him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 03:14 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This is stupid for a couple of reasons. First being that with his past he doesn’t need to get a reckless driving charge against him and secondly it’s dangerous for his health/career. One blown tire and he could seriously injure himself or worse.  

He is definitely not helping his Career.

Mixon will be 28 years old next July and I think he needs to play at his 2021 level to maybe avoid having his replacement brought into 

the building next off season.

Bengals may bring in a rookie obtained within the first 3 rounds of the 2024 Draft & keep Mixon while that player gets an NFL season

under his belt.

Much stiffer competition for playing time than 2023 5th rounder Chase Brown.
Reply/Quote
Take away his C and bench his ass. This is not what leaders do. It's childish, reckless, and dangerously stupid.

Reply/Quote
Not particularly bothered that he was doing 170 on a motorway, but jesus Mix use your brain and don’t ***** video yourself doing it when half the city already wants you gone and the police will already be looking for a reason to do you after the recent trial.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 03:42 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Not particularly bothered that he was doing 170 on a motorway, but jesus Mix use your brain and don’t ***** video yourself doing it when half the city already wants you gone and the police will already be looking for a reason to do you after the recent trial.

Well, you're from England; you're used to kilometers. 170KM is like 28 MPH
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 03:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, you're from England; you're used to kilometers. 170KM is like 28 MPH

If you’re going to try take the piss at least do your research billy bob.

We do MPH and miles it’s mainland Europe that uses kph.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 03:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, you're from England; you're used to kilometers. 170KM is like 28 MPH

274 KM/H
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
This should be done on a track or something. Regular roads aren't designed for 170 mph. Asking for trouble.....and just once is all it takes.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 03:40 PM)depthchart Wrote: He is definitely not helping his Career.

Mixon will be 28 years old next July and I think he needs to play at his 2021 level to maybe avoid having his replacement brought into 

the building next off season.

Bengals may bring in a rookie obtained within the first 3 rounds of the 2024 Draft & keep Mixon while that player gets an NFL season

under his belt.

Much stiffer competition for playing time than 2023 5th rounder Chase Brown.

29 is ancient in RB terms. Just ancient.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 12:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Seriously, Mixon did this? Dude is lucky he didn't get go the way of Henry Ruggs with the 170 mph driving if this is accurate info.

I watched it live. He deleted it right after..
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 04:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 29 is ancient in RB terms. Just ancient.

The Key here would be the combination of turning 28 next July and not getting back to his 2021 form during this 2023 season as I said.

Older running backs can still be productive but wear & tear, loss of burst that they may have had coming out of College and vulnerability to 

having more nagging injuries become more probable as they age.

Different players will start their age decline at different ages. 

In Mixon's case, having his 2023 numbers come in similar to his 2022 numbers may be a sign that he won't be able to get back to his 2021 form 

in 2024. 

I was for bringing Mixon back for the 2023 season and agreed with Zac & Solomon Wilcotts interview comments that Mixon is a physical

runner that defenders don't enjoy having to tackle. I brought up his weighing 228 pounds at age 21 at his combine while running a 4.45 forty.

He should still punish defenders in 2023 but some of that 4.45 burst may start fading.

Hopefully he shines this season and plays young. Otherwise not doing so plus his off field issues may make a younger back look tempting in the 

2024 Draft.
Reply/Quote
He is a really bad citizen. After football, it is going to turn even nastier. Guaranteed.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 03:59 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: If you’re going to try take the piss at least do your research billy bob.

We do MPH and miles it’s mainland Europe that uses kph.
BURN!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 09:36 PM)ah5 Wrote: BURN!!!!!

[Image: 00afc0ff7e76181b4e14e19b4304934f.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 01:32 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Other people doing it doesn't make it any less stupid.  Driving at high speeds like that is fun, on a closed track where you are not putting other's lives at risk.  

Yes and I don't even know how someone can defend this myself even after Mixon was our best Offensive player Sunday.

Cut the guy and move on, dude has lost his mind. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 01:32 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Other people doing it doesn't make it any less stupid.  Driving at high speeds like that is fun, on a closed track where you are not putting other's lives at risk.  

(09-13-2023, 01:59 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Joe's stupid for doing it in the first place, and so is everyone else who does it. 

I didn't see the video... Was he doing this in traffic? Was there oncoming traffic? Were there people in the lanes? Were pedestrians about?

Not excusing it - but there are degrees of reckless. If he's endangering just himself and his property along with a guardrail and some grass.... I don't give a rip what he's doing on the highway. Same thing if a motorcyclist wants to hit 150MPH on an open highway.... That's his life & property he's endangering, not others. Now, weaving in and out of traffic, playing chicken into other people's lanes, etc? That endagers other people and the consequences are horrific.

To sit here and pretend no one reading this has gone 100+ miles an hour and are following all traffic laws at all times is naive to me.

I believe in your personal freedom to do whatever crap you want that doesn't affect society around you in any meaningful way. Is there a better way to instantly free up $4.5mil of cap space than a fireball of high speed glory? I think not!
Reply/Quote