Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon 170 mph on Instagram.
(09-14-2023, 07:19 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It's just one thing after another with this guy and sadly see no end in sight.  

One would think that all the negative publicity he has had this year would make him try to tread lightly and blend in rather than post live feeds of foolish shenanigans he now partakes in.

You can't fix stupid probably applies here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 12:12 AM)ah5 Wrote: I do dumb shit all the time and I'm 38.

"doing dumb shit" is painting with a very wide brush. I'm 59 and I still do stuff that would qualify as "dumb shit" in one way or another.

But like you said in the following post the dumb shit doesn't put other people in grave danger.

Then top it off by being stupid enough to post it online. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. And to me you can no longer chalk it up to teenage shenanigans. 
Reply/Quote
Dude is almost 30 and still acting like an immature kid. To put others around you at risk like that is so selfish and disrespectful. Some people just never get it though and will continue to act like a punk for life.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 10:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I didn't see the video... Was he doing this in traffic? Was there oncoming traffic? Were there people in the lanes? Were pedestrians about?

Not excusing it - but there are degrees of reckless. If he's endangering just himself and his property along with a guardrail and some grass.... I don't give a rip what he's doing on the highway. Same thing if a motorcyclist wants to hit 150MPH on an open highway.... That's his life & property he's endangering, not others. Now, weaving in and out of traffic, playing chicken into other people's lanes, etc? That endagers other people and the consequences are horrific.

To sit here and pretend no one reading this has gone 100+ miles an hour and are following all traffic laws at all times is naive to me.

I believe in your personal freedom to do whatever crap you want that doesn't affect society around you in any meaningful way. Is there a better way to instantly free up $4.5mil of cap space than a fireball of high speed glory? I think not!

I wasn't able to see the video myself, only reading descriptions of it. It sounds like the video was just of his speedometer approaching 170, or something similar to that. However, the video was posted in the afternoon. Maybe it was a recording of him, maybe it was old. However, if he posted it around the time he recorded it, then yeah, there were probably people on the highway at that point. 

Quote:To sit here and pretend no one reading this has gone 100+ miles an hour and are following all traffic laws at all times is naive to me.

No one has said anything like this except for you. No one is claiming that they have never gone fast and always follow traffic laws. We are all saying that it is stupid to do something like this, even if that person is by themselves. If they are okay with killing themselves, then okay, at least they understand the consequences. However, I am willing to bet that most people who get up and drive that fast don't go through the thought process of "Okay, this could end my life and I am prepared to accept that" but rather think "Oh man, this will be fun." There is also the fact that whenever the person does eventually die and mangle their bodies, it could do some real damage to the people who have to come and clean them up. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 07:19 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It's just one thing after another with this guy and sadly see no end in sight.  

One would think that all the negative publicity he has had this year would make him try to tread lightly and blend in rather than post live feeds of foolish shenanigans he now partakes in.

I would like to see Zac do something or else his talk about wanting leaders on this team is BS. We don't want this type of negative publicity. It took a while to crawl out of that felon persona years ago. Heck, even the refs hated us. We were getting flagged it seemed for what they thought a player might have been thinking of doing on a play. Exaggerate much? Yeah, maybe a little,  but damn, this team finally has the ship on course. We don't need this.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 10:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: To sit here and pretend no one reading this has gone 100+ miles an hour and are following all traffic laws at all times is naive to me.

I have been driving for 11+ years of my life and I have never gone 160 km or over.

And I always drive at least 10 km/h more than the limit on EVERY road (save for ones that are speed camera-enforced, of which there are few in Ontario).

This is why Americans (applies to everyone, but the only people I see complain about these things are American) complain about busted transmissions, blown engines and car issues that normal people who don't drive like morons, don't complain about.

"Normal," to drive 160," completely clueless.

It's not how fast you drive, it's how you drive fast.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If this was on a closed track, that's ok.
But if it's on any kind of public road (express way or otherwise), that's incredibly dumb and risky on his part.
Also, maybe even the dumber part...why on earth would you not think before posting this stuff on social media?
People have notifications when certain people make a post, so multiple people would have seen this immediately even if it was deleted quickly.

Treat social media like an extension of your brand and only post safe stuff, as it could come back and bite you when it comes to employment (as much as I don't fully agree that it should be allowed legally to do that).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 10:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Treat social media like an extension of your brand and only do safe, responsible stuff, as it could come back and bite you when it comes to employment (as much as I don't fully agree that it should be allowed legally to do that).

FIFY

If you don't do it in the first place, there's nothing to post.

Cutting heads off of snakes and all that...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I've blown a steer tire at 80mph in a 38' RV, and lemme tell ya, it wasn't fun. Blowing any tire at 170mph in any vehicle is not going to be sustainable. You better be a professional racecar driver, and even then, it'd be tough to control what happens.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Just stupid by a stupid person.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 12:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've blown a steer tire at 80mph in a 38' RV, and lemme tell ya, it wasn't fun. Blowing any tire at 170mph in any vehicle is not going to be sustainable. You better be a professional racecar driver, and even then, it'd be tough to control what happens.

Long story short, I was in the back seat of a 1970 Nova, souped up race car, early 80's. The driver floored it showing off for us probably got up to 80-90? Right front tire blew, we were all over the road and in the ditch. Hit a tree head on and the engine was in the front seat.

I have the scars and broken fingers to prove it. Four of us in there and we all came out with fairly minor injuries. We were very lucky.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't make him less dumb and seemingly a ticking timebomb for the next incident, but it doesn't seem like any news has picked it up and spread it yet.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Usually, when something like this happens...someone gets a capture or screenshot that makes the rounds. Nothing so far though.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 02:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Usually, when something like this happens...someone gets a capture or screenshot that makes the rounds. Nothing so far though.

Innocent until proven Guilty ?

___
Could Mixon be wearing a Halo on this one ?  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 01:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Long story short, I was in the back seat of a 1970 Nova, souped up race car, early 80's. The driver floored it showing off for us probably got up to 80-90? Right front tire blew, we were all over the road and in the ditch. Hit a tree head on and the engine was in the front seat.

I have the scars and broken fingers to prove it. Four of us in there and we all came out with fairly minor injuries. We were very lucky.

I've had some very close calls myself over the years, and only once was I doing something stupid. I managed to manhandle that RV and put it into the median without flipping it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
You know we've all done dumb risky things back in the day a time or two, maybe three times in my case.

Feel it makes a little difference since Mixon had several incidents shedding negative light onto the Bengals already just recently. Yet the team stood behind him and even made him Captain.

Plus he just had to renegotiate his contract from $12.8 to $5.5 million dollars a year and will be seeking a new one in the near future.

Just would think he would be more careful presently and those prior incidents would serve as a wake up call, but seems he does not really care.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 10:37 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Do you know where he was?

No, I'm from PA. Don't know ohio.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 10:10 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I wasn't able to see the video myself, only reading descriptions of it. It sounds like the video was just of his speedometer approaching 170, or something similar to that. However, the video was posted in the afternoon. Maybe it was a recording of him, maybe it was old. However, if he posted it around the time he recorded it, then yeah, there were probably people on the highway at that point. 

No one has said anything like this except for you. No one is claiming that they have never gone fast and always follow traffic laws. We are all saying that it is stupid to do something like this, even if that person is by themselves. If they are okay with killing themselves, then okay, at least they understand the consequences. However, I am willing to bet that most people who get up and drive that fast don't go through the thought process of "Okay, this could end my life and I am prepared to accept that" but rather think "Oh man, this will be fun." There is also the fact that whenever the person does eventually die and mangle their bodies, it could do some real damage to the people who have to come and clean them up. 

He didn't record it. He was live streaming...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 02:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Usually, when something like this happens...someone gets a capture or screenshot that makes the rounds. Nothing so far though.

It happened my kid follows all the players social media's and we watched it happen live... He live streamed while he was driving that fast on Instagram...
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 11:41 AM)Tony Wrote: Anyone else catch mixons live on Instagram last night? He was doing 170mph in a super car.. My kid just caught it and showed me last night. He has deleted it now.. This dude don't learn...

Hmm, I didn't get any notifications about MixAlot going live recently.
Reply/Quote