Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mixon Could Have High Ankle Sprain
I'm not going to worry until ZT says it's no big deal and/or he is day to day. Those statements are the signs he's seriously hurt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Going back to the source, here are four comments from the CJ article:

Quote:Look this guy up. He has a very unsavory reputation as an NFL doctor and had like 20 malpractice lawsuits against him from Chargers players.

Quote:The guy you apparently trust is a twitter guy now is because of several lawsuits from former Chargers (where he used to be a team doc) -- including allegations that he performed surgery while high and wrote prescriptions for known addicts, the NFLPA requesting the NFL to make a formal review of his practices, and numerous other "definitely not malpractice" incidents (including disfiguring a teenage girl).
So... I probably wouldn't trust him.

Quote:Isn't this the same doctor who got in trouble when he was with the Chargers years ago for prescribing Ambien to Junior Seau (shortly before he killed himself)? I'd take his opinion with a grain of salt. This guy doesn't have the best reputation.

Quote:From an article on the Junior Seau business:

“The nexus between physician substance abuse, reckless prescribing, and medical negligence, abetted by the lack of statewide drug and alcohol testing, is crystallized in the case of David Chao, who should long ago have relinquished his license but for the revolving door of treatment facilities, lax doctor discipline, and failure of legal deterrence in California, ” wrote Consumer Watchdog’s Jamie Court and Michael Kapp to the medical board, in calling for an immediate interim suspension of Chao’s license.

Dr. Chao has a long record of alcohol abuse, including two DUIs, at least twenty malpractice lawsuits from Chargers players and members of the public, an investigation by the DEA into prescriptions Dr. Chao allegedly wrote to himself, and accusations that he enabled his former partner’s prescription drug addiction.

Again, in the end, the guy may be correct in the diagnosis, but he's literally making said diagnosis by watching TV (they didn't even show the play he hurt himself, FFS) and has a sullied (and deserved) reputation.

I would ignore this like the plague.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I just don't see it. He was walking around looking kind of pissed, but not distraught. He was working his leg against the wall as ifhe was trying to get a cramp out of his calf. He was limping, but barely. I just don't see a high ankle sprain here. If it is, it's very minor or he would not have been doing any of that, he would be on the cart and in a boot. Trayveon will most likely get the promotion and opportunity to play. The kid has always shined as a RB, he just can't seem to stay healthy. But as long as he is, he is better than anyone we could pick up. I've kind of noticed they have gone away from using Mixon as a blocker and are putting Perine in to protect Burrow more anyway, so at least that shoudln't be a problem.
Reply/Quote
My level of concern is a 6. Mixon does have injury issues and his pain tolerance is top 10 in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 12:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not going to worry until ZT says it's no big deal and/or he is day to day. Those statements are the signs he's seriously hurt.

True. Let’s consider a few medical terminology “Zac Taylor-isms” and explain their meaning.

Day to day - on a ventilator

High ankle sprain - compound fracture of the tibia

Undergoing evaluation - either in a CT scan, undergoing an MRI, or lying in the morgue

Got the wind knocked out of him - congestive heart failure

Anticipating his return to the lineup - that’s the pre-op lineup

Bone bruise - in a cast

Working his way back - starting rehab
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 10:16 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: True. Let’s consider a few medical terminology “Zac Taylor-isms” and explain their meaning.

Day to day - on a ventilator

High ankle sprain - compound fracture of the tibia

Undergoing evaluation - either in a CT scan, undergoing an MRI, or lying in the morgue

Got the wind knocked out of him - congestive heart failure

Anticipating his return to the lineup - that’s the pre-op lineup

Bone bruise - in a cast

Working his way back - starting rehab

And that's great. Like Marvin would always be vague, do we want upcoming opponents knowing more than we are required to tell them?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 06:55 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Doubtful. Baltimore has broken more RBs this year than Mixon has tackles

Actually there is a guy named Bell on the Raven practice squad who could be plucked right off if it
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: I don’t know why we got rid of Gio. He could block and run well. He was a great team player too. That one was a head scratcher just to save a few million

Same guy who is older and not on IR fr Bucs
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: I don’t know why we got rid of Gio. He could block and run well. He was a great team player too. That one was a head scratcher just to save a few million

Felt the exact way. Dynamic player. Burrow would have used him well.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 01:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Actually there is a guy named Bell on the Raven practice squad who could be plucked right off if it

One man’s trash, is another man’s treasure. lol

I think he excelled for the Stoolers to some degree due to their OLINE at the time….which means he wouldn’t set any records here.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 10:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How about Duke Johnson? A Gio-clone who is still young (27)?

Also on the Pro Football Rumors top 100 free agents:

14. Todd Gurley (at least worth a look)
21. Derrius Guice
57. DeAndre Washington
79. Bo Scarbrough
85. Adrian Peterson
86. LeSean McCoy
87. Frank Gore
88. Alfred Morris
95. TJ Yeldon

Again, Duke jumps out the most to me, but Gurley, AP and a few others might be worthy of a workout at the very least.

People have been complaining about the pass blocking by our backups, and Perine is averaging around 3.3 ypc. 

There has to be someone that can do better than bad blocking and 3.3 ypc...

McCoy just announced his retirement and Gore has turned down offers from the NFL so that he can go boxing.

If and that is a giant if they need to go shopping for a new RB, I'd rather them go shopping on another team's PS than to pick up any of these guys who are old and broken

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I just don't see it. He was walking around looking kind of pissed, but not distraught. He was working his leg against the wall as ifhe was trying to get a cramp out of his calf. He was limping, but barely. I just don't see a high ankle sprain here. If it is, it's very minor or he would not have been doing any of that, he would be on the cart and in a boot. Trayveon will most likely get the promotion and opportunity to play. The kid has always shined as a RB, he just can't seem to stay healthy. But as long as he is, he is better than anyone we could pick up. I've kind of noticed they have gone away from using Mixon as a blocker and are putting Perine in to protect Burrow more anyway, so at least that shoudln't be a problem.

I had a really bad ankle sprain at work years ago.  I jumped down off a loading dock and my foot landed on top of a wheel chock and folded my foot under me.  It hurt like hell the instant it happened, but I was able to make it through my shift with a slight limp and some discomfort.  Woke up the next day and it's swollen up 2x it's normal size and purple.  

Not saying that's the case with Mixon, but it's not always readily apparent how bad it is when it happens.
Reply/Quote
Perine did just find last year when put into the starting position, he won;t get the ball like Mixon and Evans will get more snaps, but he is a vet, did fine last year and secure with the ball.. Hope Mixon is ok but i feel fine with Perine and the rookie Evans as replacements
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 02:33 PM)Whacked Wrote: Felt the exact way. Dynamic player. Burrow would have used him well.

Duke Johnson is very Gio-like with his size and production, and is available.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 02:41 PM)pally Wrote: McCoy just announced his retirement and Gore has turned down offers from the NFL so that he can go boxing.

If and that is a giant if they need to go shopping for a new RB, I'd rather them go shopping on another team's PS than to pick up any of these guys who are old and broken

More than half the guys I listed are under 30.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: More than half the guys I listed are under 30.

maybe in people years but not in football years

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 01:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Actually there is a guy named Bell on the Raven practice squad who could be plucked right off if it

I stand corrected. I thought he was signed to active restorer when they picked him up
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 11:41 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I stand corrected. I thought he was signed to active restorer when they picked him up

He's on the active roster now, so it's a moot point. Bell hadn't been worth a damn in 4 years either. He's literally just a recognizable name at this point, and been around longer than Gurley.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 10:59 PM)pally Wrote: maybe in people years but not in football years

Duke Johnson
Derrius Guice
DeAndre Washington
Bo Scarbrough

How are these guys older than their age?

I just don't see how one of these guys couldn't upgrade a guy who is averaging 3.1 ypc and can't block.

Perine's best season is a joke compared to just about any season by Duke Johnson.
Reply/Quote
It might be good to wait for real world information from actual sources as opposed to an "article" that is quoting a tweet by a pretty disreputable source. Mixon was working on walking it out on the sideline which is not something you can do with a high ankle sprain.
Reply/Quote