Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Visiting Cincy
(03-25-2017, 03:19 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: I agree with you completely. The girl didn't deserve that. But people mess up. Every single day. His mistakes are just under the spotlight because he's an athlete. 

True enough.

Still don't know if this is the right message to send drafting this guy after our issues in the past.

We have been really good about not taking headcases lately, then Adam does what he does, we defend him and draft this guy?
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True enough.

Still don't know if this is the right message to send drafting this guy after our issues in the past.

We have been really good about not taking headcases lately, then Adam does what he does, we defend him and draft this guy?

I don't know that Mixon qualifies as a head case.  I'm not going to go into whether I would take him or not, but he looks like a guy that made a mistake, not a guy that has a profile of domestic abuse.
Reply/Quote
http://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/3/29/15115188/report-bengals-seriously-considering-oklahoma-joe-mixon-second-round
Reply/Quote
I would love to land Mixon in the 2nd round, I think he is the best RB in the draft to be honest.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Don't want him.

From what I had found out his incident involved him approaching Amelia Molitor and trying to get her number. When she declined, he followed her and continued to harass her. He follows her into the cafe and threatens her and her friends. She lashes out and he punches her.

When asked about the incident, he is always claiming to be a victim.

Don't buy it and would hate the selection.
Reply/Quote
If he's there in the second round, I wouldn't mind taking him. I'm starting to doubt he makes it that far, though.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:13 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: Don't want him.

From what I had found out his incident involved him approaching Amelia Molitor and trying to get her number.  When she declined, he followed her and continued to harass her.  He follows her into the cafe and threatens her and her friends.  She lashes out and he punches her.

When asked about the incident, he is always claiming to be a victim.  

Don't buy it and would hate the selection.

I've heard very different details about the incident.  I guess it's all in who you believe.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True enough.

We had a terrible image and didn't win a playoff game.  Then we cleaned up our image and didn't win one.  All things considered, image means very little.

The big question to consider here, imo, is whether he is a thug at heart like Adam Jones who will repeat offend or a guy who made a mistake a few years back and has been fine since.  If you can figure that out, then you know whether he's worth taking. 

Honestly, image be damned.  If you are convinced you can believe in him, take him.  The talent speaks for itself.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
What I don't fully understand is why people who are saying Mixon is such a terrible guy for what he's done off the field not saying the same thing about Dalvin Cook?

Here's a concise list of everything Cook has done in terms of red flags.
2009: Robbery
2010: Firing a weapon
2014: Criminal mischief, mistreating puppies, and aggravated assault (not charged)
https://twitter.com/IanKenyonNFL/status/846776421154521089

I'm not trying to say Mixon isn't a bad person for what he did, but people should also be very against Dalvin Cook. And don't give me the "Cook's weren't nearly as bad as Mixon's incidents!" excuse, as that's all based on who you ask. If you're ok with drafting Cook in Round 1 or 2, you should be ok with drafting Mixon early. And the same goes for if you are so against Mixon, you should also be very against Dalvin Cook.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What I don't fully understand is why people who are saying Mixon is such a terrible guy for what he's done off the field not saying the same thing about Dalvin Cook?

Here's a concise list of everything Cook has done in terms of red flags.
2009: Robbery
2010: Firing a weapon
2014: Criminal mischief, mistreating puppies, and aggravated assault (not charged)
https://twitter.com/IanKenyonNFL/status/846776421154521089

I'm not trying to say Mixon isn't a bad person for what he did, but people should also be very against Dalvin Cook. And don't give me the "Cook's weren't nearly as bad as Mixon's incidents!" excuse, as that's all based on who you ask. If you're ok with drafting Cook in Round 1 or 2, you should be ok with drafting Mixon early. And the same goes for if you are so against Mixon, you should also be very against Dalvin Cook.

Many of the "draft gurus" are reporting that teams are much more comfortable with Mixon's off field issues vs. Cook.  

I know Mixon gets the press, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cook falls to the end of the first round due to some of this stuff coupled with his workouts being less than what was expected.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 05:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't know that Mixon qualifies as a head case.  I'm not going to go into whether I would take him or not, but he looks like a guy that made a mistake, not a guy that has a profile of domestic abuse.

One hell of a mistake.

Mistake aside of course you take him, he just might be the most talented RB in this draft.

(03-30-2017, 02:25 PM)McC Wrote: We had a terrible image and didn't win a playoff game.  Then we cleaned up our image and didn't win one.  All things considered, image means very little.

The big question to consider here, imo, is whether he is a thug at heart like Adam Jones who will repeat offend or a guy who made a mistake a few years back and has been fine since.  If you can figure that out, then you know whether he's worth taking. 

Honestly, image be damned.  If you are convinced you can believe in him, take him.  The talent speaks for itself.

Agree with you McC. Seems like a one time thing, it just shocked me watching it.
Reply/Quote
Here is the real question if you view him as the first or 2nd best running back in the draft and teams have already shown interest in the end of the first then why would it be out of the question to draft Mixon at 9. These are questions teams will be asking themselves every pick of the first round, because at this point I think the Media is more upset with Mixon than team owners.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 02:54 PM)Okeana Wrote: Here is the real question if you view him as the first or 2nd best running back in the draft and teams have already shown interest in the end of the first then why would it be out of the question to draft Mixon at 9.  These are questions teams will be asking themselves every pick of the first round, because at this point I think the Media is more upset with Mixon than team owners.

If we took Mixon at 9 we would be highly ridiculed, more so than any other team taking him high.

In the 2nd, not so much.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we took Mixon at 9 we would be highly ridiculed, more so than any other team taking him high.

In the 2nd, not so much.

and if he's rookie of the year ? then who cares  

People would rather lose and be politically correct.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 02:54 PM)Okeana Wrote: Here is the real question if you view him as the first or 2nd best running back in the draft and teams have already shown interest in the end of the first then why would it be out of the question to draft Mixon at 9.  These are questions teams will be asking themselves every pick of the first round, because at this point I think the Media is more upset with Mixon than team owners.

Former GM Charlie Casserly addressed this very issue on NFL Network.
He said Mixon is a Top 10 talent.
He also said that if a team considers him to be that good and has not taken him off their Draft Boards completely then "what are you waiting for". He was basically saying "Why wait" on taking him hoping to steal him in round 2 based on Character issues if those character issues wouldn't stop you from taking him in round 2. Either take him off your draft board or go ahead and take him.
"What are you waiting for" were his exact words.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:16 PM)Okeana Wrote: and if he's rookie of the year ? then who cares  

People would rather lose and be politically correct.

That is true that if he becomes a star all will be forgotten.

Until then it would be called very questionable, especially by us.

By many still to be perceived as the team that overlooks bad character.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:25 PM)depthchart Wrote: Former GM Charlie Casserly addressed this very issue on NFL Network.
He also said that if a team considers him to be that good and has not taken him off their Draft Boards completely then "what are you waiting for". He was basically saying "Why wait" on taking him hoping to steal him in round 2 based on Character issues if those character issues wouldn't stop you from taking him in round 2. Either take him off your draft board or go ahead and take him.

exactly I have been saying this since he visited.  as we get closer to the draft this story will only get bigger and mixon will get drafted high.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:25 PM)depthchart Wrote: Former GM Charlie Casserly addressed this very issue on NFL Network.

Cause we need a pass rusher would be our reason, but that is a good point.

We could still get a talented pass rusher like Jordan Willis or Demarcus Walker in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cause we need a pass rusher would be our reason, but that is a good point.

We could still get a talented pass rusher like Jordan Willis or Demarcus Walker in the 2nd.

or bashem or Derek Rivers.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:36 PM)Okeana Wrote: or bashem or Derek Rivers.

It is a pretty deep draft for Ends actually.

Takk McKinley i also really like. I guess i am warming up to the idea.
Reply/Quote